Re: NOTICE: Orb Foundation Week

Rad

Awww... okay.  Just out of curiosity why is that a rule, wouldn't it be important to know what someone was shooting at you?

Tradition is nice kct but I'm going for function over form at the moment.  Also though the .45 is almost 100 years old it's still my favorite handgun to shoot, great balance between power, accuracy and kick.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the earlier page, Constantine (one of the AD Team) is in charge of the list of personal weaponry. Specific weapons will available in due time, but until Constantine has produced his list of weapons, we are all restricted from naming any specifics.

That's quite all right. There's a lot of background rules that haven't been written down/announced yet, but hopefully it'll all be just a memory when the AD Team is done with their RL issues and become free to work on Advent.

That's fine. In fact, 'six-shooter' would be equally acceptable.

Update: All right, I'll be off for a few hours, but I'll continue the RP as soon as I get back. kct, just finish up your post when you can.

Edited by Guest

kct: While I will not - and, at the RP moment, cannot - do anything about your character carrying a concealed semi-automatic sniper rifle with her, please note that you are not authorized to use it during the RP. Only uniformed personnel are allowed to carry anything larger than a handgun. It is also safe to assume that we already have more than enough uniformed snipers manning every square kilometer of town.

However, if you really want to use it, I must insist that you RP in your uniform in your succeeding posts. I'll leave the details of this process to you and/or your team.

Everyone:

I guess the faction information is too short to really tell how the FREE Forces acts, so I'll draw up a list of FREE Forces regulations and/or traditions soon enough.

For now:

The Principles of the FREE Forces

The Federation of Royal Emirates Elite Forces, given its mandate to prevent a repeat of Orb's tragedies during both Bloody Valentine Wars, is leagues more rigid and militaristic compared to its predecessor. However, FREE Forces soldiers are trained to be humanistic, in order to keep with the ideals of Orb. This presents the military as more of well-organized militia rather than a heavily-armed force; 'civilized military' would best describe it, as every soldier is trained (and expected) to be a diplomat as well as a combatant.

The basic principle of the FREE Forces is "Every soldier is Orb," and this ingrains the thinking that every enlisted person, from the Admirals down to the Privates, must think twice or even thrice before speaking and/or acting, lest their words and/or actions reflect poorly on the nation - especially when interacting with foreigners. However, the strict training regimen also ingrains the principle: "Run the course," meaning that once Orb soldiers have made a decision or have been given an order, they are expected to follow it to completion until the situation dictates, or they are told, otherwise. FREE Forces soldiers are quite willing to lay down their lives for the nation, but they are trained not to do so unless absolutely necessary. "A dead hero will be remembered for their deeds, but a live soldier is honored every day that Orb stands."

The Image of the People's Soldiers

It is now quite common to see formal-uniformed soldiers walking around town while carrying shotguns, submachineguns and other personal military weaponry, but most only carry a handgun or two (concealed as much as possible) so as prevent accidents and causing panic and/or paranoia. Being inferior to the civilian government, they are also required to check their weapons at the door before entering any civilian establishment, even if not asked (and if doing so will not make them disobey orders). In peacetime, full combat-ready gear is generally worn only by military police (who are always considered to be on high alert), or by soldiers with very important sentry duties.