Faction Sizes and Orb

Rad

The staff have been discussing about restricting faction sizes. Realistically, the EA should have the most number of characters, followed by PLANT, then us. For practicality, however, it has been said that a ratio of 2:2:1 (EA/PLANT/ORB) will most likely be implemented in the near future.

Some of you may notice the staggering amount of PLANT characters, and the staggering lack of EA characters. While those are not direct concerns of ours, it does mean that, once the ratio kicks in, Orb will be forced to close itself to allow the EA not just to catch up to us, but to overtake us.

Our concern is this: how should we manage our faction membership in order to comply by whatever the final ratio will be?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts and suggestions on the matter, but here are some of the methods I have brainstormed:

1) Setting an Inactive status period for members who have not logged in or RPed lately. After this period, they will be suspended for a certain period. (I am not certain an OOC suspension would be allowed, much less imposed, but an IC 'suspension' could be made.)

2) Setting a much longer Inactive status period for members who have not logged in or RPed lately. After this period, they will be dropped from the roster of Orb completely. (An RP reason will be made.)

3) Setting future membership to Orb as "By Invitation Only". (Not sure how this would go: we'd look elitist, but considering how we'll have our numbers restricted, we may be justified if we do.)

Wtf is this happening?

I think the lack of EA membership is due to the fact that no one likes being villains .>" title="" /> . Unless they have finally agreed to make the EA on par with the rest in terms of favourability, I won't see a lot of people joining.

Also, no one likes a faction that was getting owned all the time, sadly.

Except 4channers, that is...

Edited by Guest

If you are asking why the faction sizes will be restricted, the answer is because Valiant says it will, amongst other reasons (ex. realism).

If you are asking why the EA does not have enough members, I do not know. Speculating on this issue is irrelevant to the topic.

The EA are not villains.

I know the only reason i'm not EA is because of the one character rule >_> otherwise there would be another five EA characters roaming about.

But this is the first i've heard of a restriction...look forward to seeing what happens with this.

Let Qrioser and I worry about any other issues regarding this restriction. In fact, your particular concerns - both of them - have already been brought up previously by me. At the moment, only the fact that the restriction will exist is certain. Everything else is still under discussion, though the 2:2:1 ratio is more than likely to pass - just be thankful it isn't going to be 5:3:1, as another staff member initially suggested. When the details have been finalized, I'll let you know.

Now, to reiterate, what I am asking for in this thread are your thoughts on compliance, not your comments on the rule itself.

Well, what about non-military personnel?

Also, I think most people are still hesitating to really do anything right now, since they all wanted to pilot MSes right away without doing anything .>" title="" /> . I guess we'll have to wait and see, EA does have a large character base back in the old site.

And not forgetting the likes of OPA and me having at least 2 EA characters back then.

Edited by Guest

Wait for a while more and I think more members will pop up. Most people can't wait to RP right away (something, which unfortunately, is happening at a very slow pace).

Well to be frank that should affect the military right now. Until we hear more then we should not discuss about this at all.

Or to make life easier we should just close the damn applications, I'm sick of all the realism talk here, because this would not work well.

Edited by Guest