Re: How did you name your character?

Roromi

It kinda crept up in the IRC i figured I"d ask here to see where everyone got their character names from.

I got Roromi from a random name generator and then Ian from when i was watching Jurassic Park. I can't really say where i got Jonathan Locke, i think it was just one of those things that i randomly thought of. What about you guys?

Xavi Romero.

Xavi comes from Xavier, my buddy's name. It is also partly due to Xabi Alonso from Liverpool. I'm a big fan of Alonso, Gerrard and Sissoko, the great midfield generals for the Reds. I wanted to use Xabi Romero initially but I tought it looked kinda weird.

Romero was a weird one. My initial try was Romeo but I thought a three syllable last name would sound nicer so Romero just popped up. Incidentally, Romero means pilgrim or rosemary in Spanish. This might be used to shape the character or not. We'll see how it goes.

Dimitri Shirokov

Dimitri is a pretty standard name, but I like it... So it stuck.

Shiro + Kov

Shirow, as in Masamune Shirow, the artist behind Ghost in the Shell ((I'm a Laughing Man fanboy... )) and the common Russian name ending "Kov"...

Pretty easy really...

My fav name I've ever made was for my holy spec undead priest on World of Warcraft, Daekin.

Dae was for "Daemon" an alternate spelling for Demon, and Kin as in "related to".

Also, the name Daekin sounds like Deacon, a religious system rank...

wow O___O

Tiar comes frm Tea, named after a character in Olynssis. To complicate things more, I spelt it the other way you'd spell Meer as Mia, added an R as Stellar frm Stella orginated.

Melleney, was a beautiful surname from a lady I read about in one of my Japanese exams. lol. I've been using this name ever since. <33 it

Sayaka - inspired by he girl from Soul Link, since she is kind of cute (until she got boned in the game, that is...).

Nakano - a very random thought, as first I thought of 'Nagato', but since I hated the anime with the character using the name, so modified it a little.

On a sidenote, I used the same name for a character of a fanfic I wrote , and she have similar looks + personality, minus the lesbian part.

Well I named mine my own name, just to keep things simple, hehe... I also wanted to think in terms of "what if I was actually the one in the RP", so I used my own name.

For the etymology,

Siegfred - a derivative of:

SIEGFRIED  m  German, Germanic Mythology

Derived from the Germanic elements sige "victory" and frid "peace"

Victorious Peace, if I'm correct?

As for Correa, I'm still searching what that means, hehehe...

Sayaka - inspired by he girl from Soul Link, since she is kind of cute (until she got boned in the game, that is...).

Nakano - a very random thought, as first I thought of 'Nagato', but since I hated the anime with the character using the name, so modified it a little.

On a sidenote, I used the same name for a character of a fanfic I wrote , and she have similar looks + personality, minus the lesbian part.

oo I can always help ya out iwth jap names lol but then, simplicity proves the best

Well, considering that Asahi is just a version of myself, Asahi is just my chinese name translated to japanese simple really (if anybodys wondering, its 旭). Okina is also the case, where all i did was copy and paste from NJStar Chinese to NJStar Japanese and there you have it (翁 = okina )

Siegfried is also a legendary swordsman in several video games and fantasy series

...Who is a manifestation of the legendary knight Siegfried...

My character's name? I dunno, I have a system of using Japanese syllables and mixing and matching them until I get a name I like. And so the name Atake Kesatsu was created

In actual myth siegfried was a german knight who killed a dragon and was covered in its blood except for one spot where a leaf fell and covered a small spot on his back.

After this he was invincible until his wife got jealous of his exploits and betrayed him and he got stabbed in the back.

Just another take on the Achillies Heal really but still cool, he's also from the Soul Edge series of games.

I had a stupid Family Guy quote in my head - the one where they're in Chinatown, and Jacky Chan starts yelling "Oh my god it's Ethan Hawke!" "Oh my god it's Ethan Hawke!" pointing at each of the Griffin family in turn.

That's Ethan.

Jacky Chan - "Oh my god it's Ethan Hawke!"

Meg Griffin - "I'm not a boy!"

Jack Chan - "Oh yes you are!"

I got Vandamar off the top of my head.

Mine was easy enough, as I stole it from Super Robot Wars.  Lune Zoldark is the pilot of the Valsione, and appears in many of the games that have the Cybuster and its pilot, Masaki Andoh, as a character, as she is usually the main love interest for Masaki (strange that she was absent from the Original Generations OVA).  My other characters were a little harder to name though:

Kai Zergas:  that was a name that I had come up with for an RPG I was making with RPG maker one time, and it stuck with me as a cool name.  From then on in, Kai Zergas, or Kaizer, became my online pen name for nearly every site I ever went to.

Inoue Yuriko:  This name was originally supposed to be the true name of my Lilium Trollius character back on SEED RPG, but I'm tweaking her storyline to make her merely a natural now, instead of an extended.  Yuriko means "Lily Child" in japanese, with Yuri being the word for Lily, and -ko being a suffix used to denote the character's female gender.  Inoue is the 17th most common surnames in japan, and I use it as reference to a long standing joke I have with a friend of mine (the number 17 is a funny number for us, it would take too long to explain)

A common method I use to think of names is to surf the internet for lists of baby names.  These sites usually say what the names mean and where they originated from, and it ensures that your names are more realistic (I don't think the word Zergas even exists in any given language, so you can tell I made it before I started using those sites)

Rad Rider is, in fact, my alternate name RL, and it started out as my gaming nick way back when Starcraft first appeared. I have used it so extensively that I am now more commonly referred to as Rad, even by my family.

I added the Kamakura part to indicate his new status as Orb noble, to reflect the fact that I am now Orb Faction Leader.

In actual myth siegfried was a german knight who killed a dragon and was covered in its blood except for one spot where a leaf fell and covered a small spot on his back.

After this he was invincible until his wife got jealous of his exploits and betrayed him and he got stabbed in the back.

Just another take on the Achillies Heal really but still cool, he's also from the Soul Edge series of games.

...Who is a manifestation of the legendary knight Siegfried...

Hmm, you both are very correct. I forgot to include these info, hehe...

Actually my mom was supposed to name me SiegFRIED, but she changed it to SiegFRED, thinking that Siegfried sounded a bit girly, but heck, it would sound like I was FRIED! Hehehe...

Edited by Guest

Hmm...let's see...

Demetrius Amherst...I was thinking of an 'English' name for my character at another RP, so the last name was sorta random.  Demetrius, by approximate definition, means 'lover of the earth' which suited his role at that particular RP.  Since I also incorporated a part of my RL personality into him, I got kinda attached and Demetrius became my primary RP persona.

Mine was a random name generated from a table in the Robtech Rpg

And Valiant im shocked how can you support liverpool? granted they did well in istanbul, but you should follow United the only team there is.

"Glory, Glory man united...

I'm a long time fan. From as soon as I started watching EPL