Re: How did you name your character?

Roromi

Well, Brian Tsukamoto was made up from when I made my very first character, Brian's brother Ryan, who I'm sure some of you will recall.

But how did I get the name? Well, I just kinda made the name fit the character. I wanted a character of Asian origin, but who was currently living in the Atlantic Fed. so he could get chased out and move to Orb. So I figured a Japanese last name and an American first name would kinda convey that best. After thinking of the kind of name I wanted, I just started saying names out loud and combining Japanese syllables at random until I got Ryan and, subsequently, Brian.

Winging it FTW!!

Mine.. lo-and-behold... came from a typo.

I was writing an email to a friend when my 'a' and 'kiseki' got smashed together because I forgot to hit the space button. xD I read it over and over again, and decided I kind of liked the sound of it, and thought it would make a good name for someone.

'Snow' came from the fact I had just gotten off of Deviantart and seen a picture of a girl crossing a bridge during a light snowfall.

Mine¿ Drann came from my head as an alternate of my own created parent-approved , not in birth cert. nickname(Danny)

Danny->Dragoon->Dragon-Dron(sounds weird)->Drann->Drann Kanzaki(make me sound like hypocrite pretending to be a jap, recently realised) ->Drann Knight(new name created in the last hour)

Alternate name for Neopet:

JubaChupChup - Named by my brother. Was originally JubaJubaChupChup(but was not available). Meaning¿ None I suppose.

Well, Seth comes from hearing it on Coast to Coast AM the night before i registered and some research after that. Seth is the third son of Adam and Eve, his brothers being Cain and Abel. Seth means Chosen or appointed and Jaden means one, thus his full name Meaning Chosen one. Seth also is another way of spelling Set (That is an Egyptian god for those who don't know).

Sandrilene Apfelsine.

Sandrilene is the name of a character in the series of books Circle of Magic.

Apfelsine means orange in German.

Got the idea of using another language for the name because I found out Lacus and Meer actually means Lake in different languages. (I forgot what )

• 2 months later...

Heh))

Well, Alexei pretty common name for Russians (and,yes,that's my IRL name))

And about surname - I'm used old russian word " woroschzit' " - that means "spellchant", and was predecessor for "woroschzeya" - "beautiful witch" (either good or bad, commonly used for charming woman) and "worog"--> "wrag" ("enemy") + common for Russian ending "-ov"

Edited by Guest

Aya = Colorful

Nami = Waves

Zeru = Sky in Basque. Though it sounds japanese-ish.

Ayanami - Name of a japanese battleship, though I honestly took it from Ayanami Rei from Evangelion.

Zeru = Protagonist Character in some Zoids game on the GBA.

Funnily enough, I only found out how well they mix almost a year later after using that name. >_>

Well, I've gone through quite a few names, but I love using the first name "Alexandre".

After I saw Gundam Seed: CE73 Stargazer, it became "Alexandre Holcroft" - after Mudie, the pilot of the Blu Duel Gundam.

Prior to that, it was Loussier(As in Stella, pilot of the Gaia Gundam), which is still used in my bio as well. Before that it was Pearson - and that I picked at random.

• 2 weeks later...