Wullf Tai Assembles

fireminerva

Standing out in the heat of the sun was murder, especially on a day like today where the temperature had climbed well above thirty eight degrees.  Even where he stood in the shade of his GuAIZ R Ahrend was sweating, in spite of the khaki colored pants and tank top that he wore; though it wasn't a standard ZAFT uniform things were a little more relaxed here at Carpentaria and he decided that there was no need to be professional with his new squad just yet.

He had arrived here early, in fact he had gotten there very early after having come down with his MS in a drop ship earlier this morning.  His GuAIZ R now stood outside of what would soon be Wullf Tai's permanent home.  Though it was empty now Ahrend would soon put in a request for four new mobile suits for his squad, which would hopefully be delivered in a timely manner.  But for now he stood under his GuAIZ R and patiently waited, glancing at his watch every now and then.

"Jesus, it is freakin hot out." Karl had been to Carpentaria before, but he couldn't remember it ever being this hot. "How in gods name do you guys stand all this heat?" The guard beside him simple grinned and chuckled at little. "Simple really, we just get used to it." Although the answer surprised him, the answer made sense. "So were are you going?" Again the driver question caught him off guard. He was under the impression that the driver had been informed of the arrival of the Wullf Tai squad. "Sir, were are you going?" The question brought him out of his train of thought.

"Take me to hanger 4." Karl was aware of the people that would be in his squad, but he didn't know how skilled they were and if there were any veterans. Well, I wonder what our first assignment will be, or will we just sit around all day, playing cards? Only time will tell I guess. As the car rounded the corner leading to hanger 4, Karl noticed the large GuAIZ R standing out front. Stnading right at the foot of the suit, was Wullf. Karl leaped out of the car, thanked the driver and went over to talk to Wullf. "Sir, are we the first ones here?"

Edited by Guest

What a time to have a meeting, in this heat.I know I am used to the warm but this is ridiculous.Laike had never been to Carpentaria before but it never really occurred to him to have a look around. He had decided to leave a little while ago and walk down to hangar 4, in his red ZAFT uniform. I dont know what I was thinking when I decided to walk to hangar 4 but then I suppose I have been a little lazy recently and the exercise will do me good.

A few minutes later he approached hangar 4 and walked inside. The walk may of done him good but he was now sweating a lot worse than when he had started. He had been unsure how long he had been walking as he had been thinking about the team and whether or not he was going to keep up to their standards.this hangar is rather empty so it must be just a team meeting.He stopped worrying, took a deep breath and walked into the hangar, hoping that he was not the last person there.He easily noticed Mr.Wullf as he was the only person around out of uniform.Mr.Wullf was in the shade of the GuAIZ R and he quickly walked over to him noticing another member of his team as he got closer. He saluted Mr.Wullf "sir, Laike Rinawan reporting for duty sir."

Edited by Guest

Ahrend returned a brief salute before dropped his hand.  Reaching around behind him he pulled out a cap and with little care for how it looked he pulled it down on the top of his head to keep the sun out of his eyes.

"Welcome both of you, it's nice to see you again Karl.  Hopefully the other two members of our squad will be arriving shortly so until then you can do whatever you'd like, though I would suggest you go into the briefing room in the hanger sometime soon... at least there's air conditioning in there."  Ahrend pointed towards the inside of the hanger as he spoke knowing that the layout was simple enough that the pilots could find the room without his assistance.  After a moment of afterthought Ahrend spoke again.

"Lieutenant Laike, I hope that after we get things in order that you and I will be able to discuss your role in this squad.  For now you should just know that I'll be counting on you and that I'd rather delegate authority than horde it all for myself, but there will be time for introductions later so for now please head inside and wait."

Edited by Guest

"Yes sir, I will head to the briefing room right away, sir."as he saluted once again to both of them for a moment and then headed deeper into the hangar in the direction that Mr.Wullf had pointed in. He kept going until he found a closed door with briefing room written on it.He could feel some of the cold air surrounding the door.This must be it. Mr.Wullf clearly pointed in this direction and I don't think they would have briefing room written on the door unless this was the briefing room.He opened the door and went in.

As Laike went in he could feel the difference in room temperature as he closed the door behind him to keep the room cooler.It was a rather large room and by far, more pleasant than what he had so far seen of the hangar.He took a seat and began to relax a little bit. so now I guess I just sit and wait for the rest of the team to make it to the briefing room so we can start this team meeting.I wonder how long the rest of the team will be? 

Edited by Guest

Kanto walked down one of the roads of Carpentaria towards hanger 4 his face pouring sweat, the scars on his left cheek glowing from the blood rushing through them faster than normal. Having only arrived on Earth a day earlier Kanto still wasn't used to the heat, air, or gravity only being on Earth once before many years ago. As Kanto rounded a corner and saw Hanger 4 he began to think of his last time on Earth and his arms twitched from the pain held in the memories. Feeling the pain again it snapped him from his memories and he looked at his glove laden hands just one of many results of his past. He laughed inwardly for a moment not sure of why he has come this far but hopefully being excepted into this squad would give him the opportunity he needed to achieve his destiny.

As he walked inside the hanger he gazed up at the GuAIZ R a small grin spreading across his face at the thought of piloting a MS himself passed through his mind, then he looked down at the two men standing in front of the MS. Having studied the roster for the new squad Kanto knew who they both were. Brushing off and straightening his green uniform Kanto stopped in front of the two men and saluted, "Sir, Kanto Wyeth reporting for duty and thank you for the opportunity to serve the PLANTs through use of my limited abilities. Sir." His face stern with determination.

"Well Wyeth I wouldn't say your abilities are limited," Ahrend said with a smile as he saluted in return, "obviously you're good enough to be in my squad so why don't you buck up a bit."  Pointing over his shoulder with his thumb Ahrend gestured to the briefing room he had just sent the other men to.

"If you head into the hanger you'll find a briefing room where we're all meeting.  It's air conditioned so why don't you head inside and relax for a few minutes while we wait for the last member of our squad."  With only one man left missing Ahrend felt the anticipation building up inside his body and he eagerly looked forward to being able to address his squad all at once for the first time.

The drop ship down did not seem to bother James.  Neither did the ride over to the base.  He was some what excited to join a team and get going in his military career.  Although the name of the team was rather stupid, James was still excited to be there. 

Seeing the GuAIZ R standing tall it reminded him of his training with the LT.  James made his way to the crowd of what looked like ZAFT soldiers.  He walked up to his LT and gave a salute.

James Bricker reporting for duty, Sir

Relaxing he took a look around.  He didn't recognize any of the members from the ZAFT ball.  But the member he did recognize was the man he trained with.  Hopefully he learned some disobedience.

As his new squad members headed into the air conditioned room Ahrend decided to join them, after all it only made sense in this heat.  Following the other men into the briefing room Ahrend took off his cap and stuck it into his back pocket.  Entering the room Ahrend dimmed the front lights.

"I trust that all of you had an uneventful trip here.  Let me be the first to welcome you to Carpentaria and to Wullf Tai.  As one of ZAFT's newest squads Carpentaria base will be our base of operations, that being said we're all going to have to learn a new type of combat here in Earth's gravity.  I hope that you're all up to the challenge; our training will begin as soon as each of you is cleared with Supreme Headquarters for mobile suit operations.  In regards to the suits that you'll all be using, well you saw my GuAIZ R standing just outside of the hanger... I'm happy to say that you'll be receiving the newer ZAKU Warrior model instead of one like my GuAIZ R."  Ahrend laid out four disks on the table in front of him, each one containing a full technical read out on the ZAKU Warrior.  "I hope that you all know that this data is classified and that should you lose it you'll be in more trouble than... well you'll be in trouble."

Donning his cap once again Ahrend gave the men a quick wave and smile and made a move to leave the room, and then he stopped as he gave it some more thought.  "As you should all know by now Laike Rinawan is my second, I hope you'll treat him with the same respect that you give to me."  Looking up at his cap Ahrend realized that now was probably a horrible time to leave.

"In this squad each one of us, we'll all be fighting as a squad but beyond that we will all fight in fire teams, smaller groups within the squad.  I will command fire team one, codenamed Easy.  The second team will be known as Fox-trot.  I will lead Easy with Weyth acting as my wingman, which obviously makes Lieutenant Rinawan  Foxtrot's leader with Zaiku and Rhine functioning as his wingmen.  While I hope that you'll get to know each of your fellow squad members you should also learn about your wingmen; pay attention to his habits, not only during combat but also throughout a normal day... the better you know your squadmates the longer you'll survive and the harder you'll fight for each other.  Well for now that's all I have.  Before Lieutenant Rinawan adds anything onto what I have to say I'd like to take any questions that you might have."

"I hope you don't mind my intrusion Mr.Rhine is it, but I think it would better to have everybody using the same Mobile Suit.Although I am not in charge, I would believe it would be more convenient for you to stick with the ZAKU Warrior so when learning the new type of combat.It would be harder to learn a new combat type if we weren't all using the same type of Mobile suits, particularly seeing we will not be in space for this training.The Earth's gravity will already make it more difficult than up in space where there is no gravity.I know you may have your preferences on Mobile Suits but it would be easier for you and the rest of the team, if you stuck with the ZAKU that has been assigned to you or at least in my opinion it is."   

Edited by Guest

"I was sure one of you would ask that question sooner or later.The ZAKU's would be equipped with the specific requirements they would need for the training missions and so customization would not be needed at this current time.As much as we would all like to have these suits the way we prefer them, that would work to our preferences but that is not going to happen in these training mission.The whole point of these training missions would be for us to to efficiently utilize what the ZAKU's have been given for that particular situation and how well we can cooperate as a team.If we customize these ZAKU's to the way we would want them, then there would be almost no point for the training missions and it is vital we get used to tolerating with gravity in battle as much as possible. so we will be prepared for real missions." 

As Ahrend listened to the exchange between Rinawan and Rhine he was at least pleased to see that one of his pilots had no trouble saying what was on his mind.

"I'll field that last question if you don't mind Laike.  I've chosen to use the ZAKU since it is fully equipped for geo-combat however a flight type, like the GOUF, didn't seem to be entirely necessary or practical for this unit... at least for the time being.  Most of you are still novice pilots and so you'll all have to start with the basics and work your way up.  Keep in mind that your ZAKUs can use the wizard packs which will give you plenty of flexibility in combat."

Pulling out a chair at a nearby table Ahrend sat down, having the feeling that he would be here for a while.  "Speaking of the wizard packs not long after we begin our training I am going to begin testing each of you to see exactly what pack you work best with, since each pack denotes a preference for either close, medium, or long range combat."

Kanto thanked the CO for the complement and went into the air conditioned briefing room letting out a little breath of relief that the first impressions went well and that he was being blessed with the wonders of air conditioning. Taking his seat he awaited for the rest to join them in the room. When the two CO's entered Kanto stood up and saluted then took his seat again when the conversations started. As the mobile suit assignments were passed out Kanto eagerly snatched up the disk on his Zaku Warrior. Listening to the conversations and the barrage of questions by one of his fellow team members Kanto's face flashing with anger for a split second. Gaining his composure Kanto turned towards Rhine about to speak is cut off by the LT and decides it best to not open his mouth.

Turning his attention back to his CO asks, "Sir, When will be able to start the training missions, Sir?"

Kanto was exited by the idea of proving himself with the different Wizard Packs and even questioned himself a little not sure of which one he believed he'd be strongest in he hoped for either the Slash or Gunner Pack but whatever the Lt assigned him he would be happy and grateful for.

OOC - Please try to lengthen up the... well the lengths of your posts guys.  Attention to detail will be essential when piloting MS and short posts will leave many holes open in which people could get the best of you.  Also you should be getting $1 for each word you type so length + quality = money in the bank.

"We'll begin our training missions in a few days after we've gotten to know each other a little better.  This will also give you time to adjust to Earth's gravity and to familiarize yourself with the other members of this squad.  Oh, and I should add that unless any of your are married that we'll also be living together.  The base commander was kind enough to provide a dormitory for us and I'm pleased to say that you'll all have your own room."  Actually it was less of a dormitory and more of a mansion, the sheer size of it made Ahrend think back to the days when man first took to the skies and pilots were treated like kings.

"Onto the purpose of our squad.  We have been assembled to compliment the current forces that are currently station here on the Earth by ZAFT.  Make no mistake in thinking that since we are a new squad that we'll be one of the last to see combat if a war is ever on.  This squad has been designated as a front-line MS squad and we will operate off of the Lesseps Class battleship Goethals."*

*I chose the name Goethals since Lesseps is the name of a Frenchman who was in charge of the Suez Canal project which began in 1854.  Lesseps also attempted to build the Panama canal in the 1880s but the operation failed due to a number of problems.  The Panama canal was completed under the supervision of George Washington Goethals after Panama had its US assisted revolution, this work ran from 1904-1914.  And so the basic logic is this, where Lesseps failed Goethals succeeded, no offense to Andrew Bartfeld intended.

"Well, that's a yes and no answer.  Of course we're all soldiers but there's no such thing as a soldier who isn't special Karl.  We're expected to protect our country and we're being outfitted for such a task."  Ahrend wasn't quite sure of how to field this question and so he needed to take a moment to figure out a good answer.

"We're not special forces Karl, but no matter where we're stationed and what our position is we only have one life to give.  I've never looked for a glorious death but if there is one it will only be made better by how I lived my life and if my being here means that I can protect the innocent then that's enough for me; but you'll have to figure out what being a soldier means to you and that's all I can tell you about that."

In the back of his mind Ahrend wondered if he hadn't made a simple question more complicated but he decided to leave it alone.  For now there were other things he'd like to address.

"Now, if all of your don't mind I'd like you to, one at a time, tell the rest of the squad your name and the combat experience you have, if any, and also a little something about yourself... something that you consider important."  Ahrend turned sot hat he faced Lieutenant Rinawan, "Lieutenant, would you mind starting us off?"

OOC-sorry about the late reply I hope this post makes up for it.

IC-"No not at all sir, I don’t mind.I will try to keep this as brief as possible."as he slowly stood up and looked towards his fellow comrades and put his hands behind his back. He wasn’t really eager to talk about his history to the group yet, he hadn’t known his comrades for what felt like more than ten minutes but he knew better than to disobey his commanding officers orders.

“My full name is Laike James Rinawan and I am 18.I have been in the ZAFT military since I was 16 so roughly two years ago, I joined ZAFT so I guess you could say I don’t have a lot of military experience.It was my dream ever since I was young to become even half the veteran my father was.My father James became rather well known during the two bloody Valentine wars and my mother offered her services to ZAFT as an engineer during the second bloody Valentine, after she realized that she was a coordinator. I also have a sister two years younger than me and she is rather important top me, being me only family left.After the PEACE treaty was signed my parents lived together for a year, I think, before my mother and sister moved away as my mother had gotten a job in engineering in Orb and was meant to stay there for 5 years.” Laike began to feel a little uneasy as he began to get a horrible feeling as he began to speak again

“I lived with my father whilst my mother and sister were in Orb.During that time I learnt many ways to defend myself, thanks to my father.The last time at 12, he was teaching me how to perfect my aim with a cap gun by shooting targets.I had just gotten a perfect shot fired when my father was shot from the distance.That day I’ll never forget and was hard for me to get over.”Laike took a breath and relaxed a little now that he had told the part that he was least comfortable talking about   

“When I was sent to live with my mother an sister in Orb, mother would not me to continue anything of the sort and was shocked to hear what my father had been teaching me.Instead, my mother insisted that I learn some other hobbies that would involve more thought or intelligence for the next 4 years until my mother died in a car crash incident. My sister and I then returned to my father’s empty house that he had left to me.My sister then encouraged me to join ZAFT when we arrived back up at the PLANTS.I used what my father had taught me and my intelligence to get where I am here today." as he prepared himself to speak again

"The main two reason I joined ZAFT apart from my sister’s encouragement was that I wanted to do something that would make my parents, proud of me and I had always wanted to follow in my father’s footsteps so I thought this would be the best choice.I also think I that if I had never became a ZAFT soldier, I would never of forgiven myself, not when I know that I could help make a difference in the battles fought.I know I have probably bored each of you to half to death but I find they are the important details of how I got here today. ”as he finished his speech and sat back down

Edited by Guest

Listening to Laike speak James stood up next.  He cleared his throat and began.

My name is James Zaiku.  You can call me Zaiku.  I am 21, and I'm from Aprilis.

He paused a bit before he began. He searched his history for certain things to say or leave out. 

My father was also a member of the ZAFT military.  Growing up it was me and him, so I have been around the military all my life.  As for military experience, I have very little.  Thats all I really have to say. 

He quietly sat down and waited for the next brave soul to stand up.

Karl shrugged, nobody else was standing up, co he did. "Name is Karl Rhine and I'm 29. I join ZAFT at the age of 15 and served for the latter half of the first war and the entire second war. Not a fan of teams, but it's not like I have a choice. My reason for signing on was the Bloody Valentines day incident."

Karl had run out of stuff to say, so before he got himself in real trouble, he shut up and sat down.

OOC: Wow short posts huh guys.

IC: Kanto stood up and saluted, “Pilot Kanto Weyth, 24 years old, born on Januarius two. My Father was a part of ZAFT, which seems to be a staple of all pilots today, and my Mother was a news reporter. At the outbreak of the first Bloody Valentine War I was sent to ORB to live with my Grandparents but they all died during the invasion by the EA. I was the only one to make it to the shuttles but not unscathed.”

Pulls up his uniform sleeves to reveal completely bandaged arms. He lowers the sleeves and continues his life story. “At the outbreak of the second Bloody Valentine War my Father reenlisted and I stayed on the PLANTs this time. My Mother was killed during the firing of the Requiem Cannon which i got to watch because I was on a shuttle going to Aprilius for school. The night of my Mothers funeral my Father tried to kill me and himself, which is what gave me the scars.”

Points to the two scars crossing left cheek. “But I killed him instead. After that because of the Destiny Plan I was placed in a specialty military orphanage and even after the disbandment of the Destiny Plan continued to undergo military training. When I turned 18 I left and tried to do my own thing but came to the realization that I am only good as a soldier anymore and ZAFT is the only thing I have left. So I came back an enlisted also i have no combat experience which leads up to now. I'm eager to prove myself as a pilot and will do whatever is required of me. Sir.”

Lowers his hand from a salute and sits back down in his chair face revealing no emotion same as it was when he started.

Edited by Guest

"Well," Ahrend began as he sat up in his chair and intertwined his fingers, "you all already know my name but just for the record it's Ahrend von Wullf; some of you may know me by my other name which was bestowed upon me during the second Bloody Valentine War."  Ahrend paused for a moment as he remembered the incident.  "I was called the Black Wolf because of my involvement in Operation Spear of Twilight when my suit was burned black because I pursued my enemies through the flames of their comrades' mobile suits."  Almost to himself Ahrend mused, "It's not a very affectionate name is it?  No, it was one given to me by my enemies, by those who feared me."

After a moment Ahrend regained his composure.  "Excuse me, after you've been around as long as I have occasionally you have to reserve the right to be a little crazy.  Aside from my involvement in Spear Twilight I also participated in the Battle of Heaven's Base and... well I was fairly active throughout the Second Bloody Valentine War.  During the First War I was also active as a soldier in ZAFT but I dealt with things more on the administrative side of the war."  While it was true that he had been in many of the operations from the previous war his role in them, as well in the first war, were not entirely accurate with what he had said; but then a good deal of Ahrend's history since he had entered ZAFT was classified and though the general details he had revealed were true he had decided to not disclose the entire truth.

From outside there came the rumble of large trucks and machinery.  "Well now, I suppose that would be our new mobile suits.  If all of you wouldn't mind please go out and move your respective suits into the hanger where our own mechanics will inspect them and tune them up.  After all," Ahrend said with a knowing grin, "you can't trust any of this stuff right out of the factory.  Each one of your machines is marked by the first letter of your fire team and your number within the team."  Standing up Ahrend tacked up a paper onto the bulletin board on the nearby wall before walking out into the hanger, on the paper were the respective call signs of each member of Wullf Tai.  As an after thought Ahrend turned in the doorway and called back to his new squad.

"Even though we've been divided into fire teams Easy and Foxtrot remember that the five of us are a team and our radio operators will refer to us as that and so they will call us Wolves.  Each of you are my wolves and I am your leader, be sure to remember that on the field of battle."  With that Ahrend went out to his new ZAKU that was waiting for him.

Wolf 1: Ahrend von Wullf - E01

Wolf 2: Laike Rinawan - F01

Wolf 3: James Zaiku - F02

Wolf 4: Kanto Weyth - E02

Wolf 5: Karl Rhine - F03