The Beginning of an Era

fireminerva

From the oak podium Hitomi spoke out to the small crowd of reporters and foreign dignitaries who had gathered together that day.  Each one had come to see the new face of PLANT and to watch Hitomi's first public appearance.  Though she was nervous the long white coat that she wore over her councilwoman's attire did a splendid job of masking her body as it shivered ever so slightly.  With both hands Hitomi took hold of either side of the podium and glanced down at her speech.  When she got her cue she began to read and left her worry behind her.

"As the newly appointed head of the PLANT supreme council I would like to announce my first act in office which is the addressing of PLANT's soldiers who are stationed throughout the Earth Sphere.  I call on each and every one of you to do your duty and to act accordingly as you have been taught to by your families and by your superior officers.  We living here in the PLANTs have you to thank for our continued safety and prosperity.  I expect great things from all of you and I pray for your safe return."

With a sigh Hitomi turned and left the podium, ignoring the reporters' questions, they would be answered by a subordinate more suited for the banter the reporters' craved.  The event would last several hours during which time various representatives and personnel would deliver multiple reports on the current state of PLANT but what was done was done.  Hitomi Matsuko had announced her presence to the world and she would not be going away.