[Archives] Registration for the 1st Class of the Pilot Academy

Valiant

((OOC: I’ve just been sent here in place of Ezekiel, who was going to be replaced by Konig, who was having trouble getting online…so here I am. Apparently I’ve just missed some major stuff, so I’ll RP as being very late.))

The young Ensign stepped hastily into the academy and removed her dark sunglasses, allowing her eyes to adjust to the light in the building. Linite took in the architecture of the academy, trying to decide if she liked the look of this place or not.

She folded her sunglasses and slipped them into the side compartment of her white duffel bag. Linite turned her gaze to the left and to the right, watching uniform-clad personnel bustle about on their business, while she saw others seated at the numerous desks and booths that were scattered around. The number of people in the building was crazy.

This place looks a lot bigger on the inside…even with all these people here…” She thought as she stared at the high ceiling.

To her left Linite spotted a large group of people bunched into a large clump, at the front of which was a large sign that indicated the spot where she was directed to in the letter she had been sent. The young Ensign began to make her way over to the group, not getting very far before she tripped.

She caught herself just in time, but heard an unpleasant clatter at her feet. Linite looked down, only to find her sunglasses lying on the floor, broken in two. Cursing under her breath, she bent over and picked them up, while reaching into the compartment in which she had placed them, moments before. Her hand found a gaping hole in the bottom, which had been there for a while, unbeknownst to her.

The Ensign straightened up and looked around, hoping that nobody saw that part of her not-so-graceful entrance. Linite sighed and tossed the broken shades into a garbage can as she continued walking.

It suddenly occurred to her how terribly late she was as she saw the group begin to move toward the elevator lobby. Again, she cursed, quickening her pace.

Being clumsy wasn’t something that Linite normally was, but she came to the foul conclusion that it was just ‘one of those days’.

And it just HAD to be THIS day, didn’t it?” Linite thought.

She caught up to a woman who appeared to be the instructor, just as she was leading a younger woman with brown hair away from the rest of the class.

Excuse me Ma’am, are you Miss Hitomi Matsumoto? I have to apologize for coming in so late.

Linite prayed that all would go well, despite her horrible first impression.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting that their tutor was new herself, but Asahi couldn't shrug off a thought that she might be just a bit incompetent. At that point, his trust for her dropped, as Ms Matsumoto was busy explaining several formalities.

"The various subjects and lessons will be taught by other tutors. My role here is to ensure that the welfare of each student in our class is met. Should you have any problems or queries, please feel free to look for me."

"Huh, kinda like a class adviser." He thought to himself as she continued; their class was to be recognized as Alpha one whilst official lessons started tomorrow. Today was to organize the dorms, and the rest of the day was free to the students.

The party stepped out of the elevator and onto the dormitory floor. Asahi was in a short daze, as the hallway was narrow, long and bland in decor. Ms Matsumoto started explaining the room system, as they had to pick a partner, a room, and e-mail her about which one they were in.

"Oh, picky picky. I hate this sort of thing..." Asahi groaned on the inside; he knew none of them, neither did he notice any of them that were at least inviting. He made a grimace to himself, nice guys (In this case, himself) come last, and he was surrounded by people who meant business. He sighed, and scolded himself mentally of being so critical of people, when he himself, wasn't too accommodating either.

Ms Matsumoto began to lead the only girl in the class to supposedly the girls dorms when another latecomer hopped off the lift, Asahi noticed. This time, it was he who felt sorry for them, as the blonde apologized for being late.

Alliances were being made left and centre, Asahi hated himself for being anti-social to people he didn't know. He decided to let fate decide, and whoever didn't have a partner would come to him, although he knew that was a somewhat conceited thought. Asahi walked down the hall to room 102. He looked back and hoped that no-one had noticed his departure, although he did make an effort to slip out of the group.

"You're a frigging idiot" he cursed himself one last time.

Dimitri had stayed pretty much mute during the whole ordeal. He hadn't really cared about the others anyway. Only himself. Selfish, but he knew he wasn't likely to see any one of them again after the academy passed him through the graduation halls. Not to say that graduation was a sure-shot, but Dimitri was keeping confident because he felt he didn't have the space for failure and doubt at this time. He was close to being free, and this was another step on the way to that freedom. It was trouble enough dealing with the anxiety of a plan coming closer to fruition. He didn't need to think about what would happen if he screwed up. Probably little more than having to re-take classes, but other parts of his plan weren't so tolerant of mistakes.

Speaking of mistakes... They had five rooms. And ten students. Two to a room easy. Except for one girl, who got her own room, for obvious reasons. So it was really more like nine students to four rooms. Two-point-two-five students to a room. Three groups of two, one of three. However, each room was set up to be utilized by only two. The issue had to be brought up quick. But before he did, it turned out that the five rooms were for the boys, and the girl was to stay on a completely separate area, at least that's what he thought.

"Listen everyone... There's nine of us and five rooms... Two guys each in four rooms and one in their own room. Dibs."

The voice was clear, authoritative, and accompanied by the opening of door 103. Dimitri wore a small grin as he took the step into his room and turned his head to look over his right shoulder. His left hand came up, and gave them all a little wave as his right hand pushed the door shut. Something had gone a little wrong though.

Dimitri was known to space off, and he hadn't noticed that one of the males from earlier had split off from the group and been replaced by another girl. That made things different. As in; He was going to end up with a partner, whether he liked it or not. Blissfully unaware, he locked up the door and dropped his gear onto his bed, then went over and laid down on the other bed. The room wasn't too bad... Just blank. He wasn't going to make an effort to dress it up though. Too much work for a place that he'd be leaving as soon as he completed his mission.

Kyle Ashford stopped walking with the adviser as soon as he received his answer. Seeing her hurry off to the girl's dormitory room with a girl, he scoffed and crossed his arms with a smirk on his face. "Heh, should've known." He said, practically to no one. Ironically, although I asked about it, I really don't have anything to put in my room, do I...? Getting his things here shouldn't be too much of a problem once all this roommate commotion ends. Shouldn't be too hard... just grab someone, and be done with it.

"Hey there! You wouldn't mind if I shared the room with 'ya?"

And from out of nowhere, a tan-skinned man approached him with the offer. Heh, well aren't I lucky. The man possessed a pleasant demeanor, which to him meant that he probably wasn't going to get much trouble from him. From the look of it, the guy was tired of waiting as well. Straightening up his posture, he said, "Sure, why not. Doesn't seem like anybody's getting around to doing it."

As he spoke, he heard a red-haired man say something about room distribution, and walked off into one of the rooms. "...but, it looks like somebody's taking initiative." Kyle quipped, with a candidly surprised expression on his face.

Landis looked on as the girl named Sayaka left with Ms. Matsumoto and turned his attention back to the group. Apparently there were two who preferred finding partners first, as it seemed as though asking for a partner at the very end might seem a little embarassing for some.

Or they could be just friendly people.

A young female zipped past him, struggling to catch up with the duo who had left them just a minute ago. He had no idea who she was, but given the present circumstances, Landis could guess. Perhaps Miss Nakano won't be alone, after all... Somehow it gladdened him that there was at least one more female. He most certainly did not wish to think ill of the academy's system of choosing despite the widespread impression that the pilots were usually males.

"Listen everyone... There's nine of us and five rooms... Two guys each in four rooms and one in their own room. Dibs." The voice certainly caught his attention, but perhaps not with the intended purpose, especially so since discovering that another of their group had taken to moving away without notice into room 102. He could not help but chuckle and shake his head in amusement. Talk about reluctance...And I thought I was the anti-social one. Without as much a thought about what had been 'announced' to the group by the fiery-headed youth earlier on, he knocked on the door labeled with the numbers '102' in gold lettering and opened it.

"You wouldn't happen to think that no one would notice you splitting off, would you?" He grinned, putting a minute pinch of humor in his eyes and aware of the fact that even if he did get rejected, the most he would do was stay alone or with some other person he might not like...Though that would only happen in the worst case scenario here.

"Er...Miss Hitomi. Am I going to stay alone in the assigned room? Would it be alright with the others?"

Before Hitomi could respond to Sayaka's concern, she was stopped in her tracks by a voice behind them. "Excuse me Ma’am, are you Miss Hitomi Matsumoto? I have to apologize for coming in so late."

"Yes, I am. You must be Linite Estral. You arrived just in time." Turning to Sayaka, she smiled. "Linite is the other girl we have in our class. She will be your room mate. I hope you two get along well together."

She strode forth to lead the way into the elevator, allowing the girls to drop a couple of steps behind her as they got to know each other. The ride was a short one, since the female dormitory was only a ten floors away. Hitomi walked through the doorway as the heavy metal doors slid open with an almost inaudible hiss. The corridor they walked in was an exact replica of what they saw in the male dormitory.

They stopped outside Room 1107.

"Welcome to your room. I have to go now. Feel free to email me if you ever need any help. I might not be able to answer my phone when the meeting starts but I can still reply your emails," Hitomi winked as she gently tapped her tablet PC and gave a sly smile. With a final goodbye, she turned and headed back to her office.

Something must have told the people up there that she alone would not be staying alone in the rooms that will be assigned to her, as Sayaka caught sight of a blonde girl rushing to meet up with them. The blonde girl does not seem to be a lot older than herself, and was slightly taller than her, if there is not other notable features, other than the blonde girl looking to be someone from the wealthier spectrum of economy.

"Linite is the other girl we have in our class. She will be your room mate. I hope you two get along well together."

Sayaka does not know if the unknown forces are playing mind games with her; minutes ago she will face the prospect of staying alone, without anyone to worry about over anything. As in, any sort of funny crap that may fall upon her. But then again, this foreign girl here seems to be someone that she can trust upon.

Looks like I have to count my luck on this Linite Estral.

Without realizing, the elevator reached the floor where the female dormitory was located. Miss Hitomi already walked off the elevator when Sayaka realized that she was left behind. Quickly, she followed the person who is in charge of them out of the elevator, to the direction of where they will stay. The first thing she noticed is that the walkway is similar to the male ones, although the difference might seem to be minimal to be fair to everyone. After all, they are not staying in a luxury hotel.

Sayaka does not know how the other girl feel though, leaving her behind might not be a good idea.

"Er...Miss Estral, we better be quick now," Sayaka looked at the blonde girl, and quickly called out to her, before turning around and moving out to the place they will be assigned to, Room 1107. The brightly-lit walkway is certainly a surprise, as Sayaka adjusted the black coat she was wearing back into position.

As the final message from Miss Hitomi was given to them, Sayaka sees that Miss Hitomi is already leaving them to settle the matter of the room. She was wondering what to be done; she does not want to be rude to someone she did not even know yet in any way.

Looking at the blonde girl with a confused look, Sayaka then asked.

"So...who'll open the door?"

A bare room stood before him. Simple, but bare. Asahi walked in, closing the door behind him. A trickle of light crept into the threadbare room, the tan blinds pulled together, blocking out the natural sunlight. In front of him, the windows were situated, with the desks both under the window, and to his right, the bunk bed stood. The furniture setup was typical enough. What was missing was the computer, but with another sweep of the room, it was next to the wall, at the foot of the bunk bed.

Throwing his folder down onto the bottom bunk, his palms stung again; Asahi winced as the dried blood felt like a bother; he looked to the left of the room where the kitchen area was. Behind him, the door opened, whilst Asahi made his way to the sink.

"You wouldn't happen to think that no one would notice you splitting off, would you?"

Asahi let off a small grin to himself, as his potential roommate commented, with a sting of humour. He had already begun to wash his hands.

"Nah, I was hoping. You got me." he replied, with a chuckle to himself. The dried blood came off easy, as Asahi turned off the tap. He looked up from the tap, flicked his hands to remove the water (wiping some on his pants) and turned to face the other teen.

"I hope you can excuse me for being so...snobby about this selection process. I'm not too good with this sort of thing" he grinned, apologizing and held out his hand, bracing for a handshake.

"Asahi Okina. Pleased to meet you....your name-?"

"Well then, since we're closes to 101, we'll take this."

Opening the door of the room he went it. Looking back at his now roommate he said, "You wouldn't mind if I came in first? The excitement must be getting to me."

Sieg seemed to be all giddy about this dorm thing. Finally, he has a feeling of being "in" the Academy, although the first class is yet to start.

Standing by the study table Sieg asked the Asian guy he shared the room with.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch your name. Can I ask what it is?'"

The person he had been talking to grinned back at him as he leaned against the doorway with crossed arms to make a point. Landis noted that he had made a beeline for the kitchen, mindful of the dry patches of a suspicious red on his hands. Seconds after getting hidden partially from his line of sight, Landis could hear the tap water running. Moments later, his face was in plain view. It wasn't really a sight for sore eyes, but Landis believed (amusingly) that some females would not mind throwing a second glance his way.

"I hope you can excuse me for being so...snobby about this selection process. I'm not too good with this sort of thing" It was a friendly vibe Landis felt from him and his apology had apparently seemed genuine enough

All the better. The last thing I need is an extra roommate in Arrogance or Deceit. He mused.

"Asahi Okina. Pleased to meet you....your name-?"

Looking down at the outstretched hand, Landis made no mistake this time and shook it firmly in his own.

"If you're snobby, I wouldn't have been able to see the noses of the last several dozen people I've met face-to-face and count the the number of blemishes under their chins." He remarked dryly with a small wry smile upon his lips. "I'm Landis Exel Zenastan."

"… You arrived just in time."

"Linite is the other girl we have in our class. She will be your room mate. I hope you two get along well together."

Linite felt a wave of relief wash over her as Miss Matsumoto hurried away. She hadn’t been very late after all.

Well, this was relatively painless.” She thought, while wondering if she would get a chance to go out and buy a new pair of sunglasses. Her roommate Sayaka seemed eager to get to the room.

"Er...Miss Estral, we better be quick now," Sayaka said.

Linite quickly followed her, admiring the long hallway, flooded with bright light, coming from a series of large windows in the wall opposite the dorm-room doors. As soon as she and Sayaka reached their room, Linite studied the door that blocked their way in. It wasn’t very fancy, yet not completely bland. It was a very light-grey, almost white color with silvery detailing carved into the edges.

She liked the shiny gold plate that was plastered to the middle; in which were carved the numbers 1107 in nice dark lettering.  She was eager to find out what it was like beyond it.

“So…who’ll open the door?”

Linite redirected her gaze from the door to Sayaka, accompanied with a smile.

Well, I would assume that you’ve been given the key, seeings as you met up with Miss Matsumoto first.” Linite said warmly “You can do the honours, Sayaka.” Linite stepped aside to allow Sayaka to have access to the lock mechanism.

Sayaka wasn't exactly sure about what she is going to do right now, but little did she realize that she was having the keys to the room with her.

“Well, I would assume that you’ve been given the key, seeings as you met up with Miss Matsumoto first.”

“You can do the honours, Sayaka.”

Crap, forgot that.

That woke her up in a way, to say at least. Quickly, she reached for one of the pockets on her coat, and quickly rummages it for the keys. Seconds later, the key was reached, and she immediately flicks it out with perfect timing. Inserting the key into the lock on the light-grey door, she turns it around before an almost inaudible click was heard from the lock.

Quickly twisting the knob on the door around, she opens the not-so-fancy-but-works-anyway door open, to reveal the room 1107. Not like it is like something scary as she thought at first...

The room seemed simple enough, with all the typical furnishings like the table, bunk bed, and the like. Light can be seen trying hard to shine through the blinds on the window, although she don't feel like opening them up soon. The computer lies at one side, although she would probably bring in a laptop or something from the car, but it might be a good idea to clean this place up, or at least give it a nice sweep first. It might not feel like the place called home, but dormitory life is something she got used to by now.

Unbuttoning the coat (but not taking it off) for some 'fresh air', she looks through the opened door, to the outside, and gave the signal for Linite to come in.

Seeing Sieg appear so excited about all of this. Kyle Ashford couldn't resist a laugh. "Go right ahead!" He replied. "Though, I have no idea as to why you're so excited." Shrugging, he slid into the room. "...never mind, I don't think I'd understand even if you explained it to me." The room was plain, to say the least. Although it had most of the necessities a student would need, he was expecting something more grandiose. He had high expectations for such a large building. Then again, it's no five-star hotel.

"Oh yeah, my name, huh." He muttered, scratching the side of his head. "My name's Kyle Ashford. I know, strange name for an Asian man, huh." Smiling out of courtesy, he whipped out his hand for a handshake.

Mathias strolled down the hallways of the dormitories holding onto a clipboard with various room assignments, and student profiles. He had a nice time going through the lot of them, and decided to take a quick walk through the dorms. He stopped halfway through the corridors, and walked toward a group of vending machines. Mathias was dying for a cup of coffee, he was already getting a headache from all the work he had to do. Pulling a silver card from his pocket, and swiping it on the machine. A cup drops, and starts to fill the cup full of black coffee. "I wonder what that girl I talked to is doing, what was her name? Lune Zoldark?" He thought to himself before grabbing his coffee and continuing on his way.

Sorry about the long wait, I've been somewhat pre-occupied with RL stuff.

((OOC: I've been busy with things too, in fact finals are just around the corner too  ))

Locke merely shrugged once they were all dismissed to their rooms. He should have been excited but he simply wasn’t. He took his time walking to his room, taking note about every detail of the building as he quietly walked down the halls. It wasn’t that he wanted to be anti social it just was something he had grown into being, it seemed that people always didn’t treat him the way he wanted to be treated so he didn’t go out of his way unless he had to. Finding his room he walked in, he didn’t bother checking to see who his roommate was or if he even had one. Instead he just walked in and dumped his bag next to on of the beds and plopped down onto the pillow. He curled up and sighed as he closed his eye; he wanted to be ready for the real testing, that was the only reason why he was there after all.

Seeing that his roommate was quite puzzled by Sieg's buzz since they entered the room, he was always like this on his first days, wherever it may be. Then the Asian guy introduced himself...

"...My name's Kyle Ashford...."

'Yup, its a strange name for an Asian guy.", accepting Kyle's outstretched hand with his for the handshake and also flashing a smile.

"Now we're officially acquainted, why don't we get ourselves comfy in this room?"

Looking around he was a bit dissapointed, though only a little. The room was a bit bare compared to the grand entrance of the academy, but it was sufficient for a student nonetheless.

"Perhaps we better get our things in order first.", Sieg told Kyle as he put his file case and laptop on the study table.

Linite saw Sayaka’s gesture and made her way into the room after her. Though it was simpler than she had imagined, she really liked the look of it. It felt cozy and comfortable.

She was surprised with herself, as normally she hated dorms. Perhaps she was getting more used to them, something that should’ve happened a while ago.

Her favorite part of the room was the large window at the back, which was currently hidden behind the white curtain. She was relieved to know that she’d have some connection with the outdoors while spending time in the room.

Linite walked over and studied the bunk bed, which wasn’t very different from the ones she’d slept on before. She hoped that Sayaka wouldn’t mind letting her have the bottom.

Linite dropped her luggage on the floor and sat down on the small sofa by the window. She felt very relaxed for the time being.

Well, I think I might actually like it here.

She said as she turned her head to grin at her roommate.

Sayaka Nakano right? I’m Linite Estral; it’s nice to meet you.

She said as she got up to introduce herself.

I guess we’d better get settled in now, tomorrow will be a long day.

Sayaka was observing the ongoings outside the dormitory, not noticing that Linite already stepped into the simple, but adequate room and occupied the lower section of the bunk bed, claiming it right there and then. Sayaka would not mind having to take the top, but she was almost startled when she was called out by the other girl, who already moved on to sit on the small sofa by the window.

“Sayaka Nakano right? I’m Linite Estral; it’s nice to meet you.”

Immediately, she turned around, facing the blonde girl who will be her new roommate in this Pilot Academy. It was rather fortunate that she have company; it is not funny when you're alone and come back from lessons all tired and bored.

"Yeah...it's me," she replied to Linite with a rather tired voice, knowing that it have been a long day. "Nice to meet you too," she added in a rather official tone; loosening up to someone she just knew isn't exactly her thing.

Placing her stuff next to the bed, she then takes a look at the computer terminal in the dormitory. Immediately she recalled Miss Matsumoto telling them to check the details of their registration and whatnot with the computer terminal.

Making her move, she immediately takes one of the chairs nearby, and places it right in front of the terminal before she checks if everything is there. Satisfied, she switches the terminal on, booting up to the operating system within the seconds. With a confirmation that the terminal is already connected to the school network, she proceeds to check on several things.

Several clocks more, and she sees that there is a message from the administration regarding activities of the next day, saying that they are to report to a Captain Demuirgos at 0600 hours the next day, at a given location. Sayaka goes through the message, and then turns to Linite.

"Er Linite, I think we got something on for tomorrow...better get some sleep now," Sayak then replied, immediately heading to her luggage, before taking several articles of clothing from it, before taking the coat off, and puts it on her bed. Changing her shoes to slippers, within a space of few minutes, she goes to the bathroom, and reappears wearing pajamas of a jacket and trouser combination, before placing the blouse and the skirt on her bed. Arranging them and putting them aside, she proceeds to take her position on the bed and sleeps.

[Wrapping things up.]

Edited by Guest

With a half-baked laugh, Kyle propped himself on top of a small, black dresser. "You go ahead..." he mumbled, pulling out a jet-black phone from his pocket. He didn't talk for a few seconds as he was busy typing up mail. "I don't have my junk here right now, to be honest. I actually-"

Catching himself mid-sentence, he looked up at his roommate and laughed. "Never mind." It took a considerable amount of effort to stop himself from revealing his embarrassing predicament. Sliding the phone back into his pocket, Kyle jumped off the dresser and headed towards the door. "In any case, I'm going to get my stuff. I'm having somebody pick it up for me. See you around," With a lazy wave, he exited the room.

As soon as he closed the door behind him, he let out a massive sigh. "...nearly made a fool of myself on the first day. Really..."

But taking all things into consideration, it wasn't a pretty bad day. He was able to get here on time, and he managed to obtain a room with a decent roommate. "Not bad, not bad at all. In fact, I think things could only get more interesting from here." Kyle said, walking down the corridors.

heh, and for this 'miracle', I won't let you down.

"If you're snobby, I wouldn't have been able to see the noses of the last several dozen people I've met face-to-face and count the the number of blemishes under their chins. I'm Landis Exel Zenastan."

Asahi laughed dryly to Landis' remark, much like Landis' himself. He was making quite a statement however, people would not take too kindly to comments such as his. Asahi snuck a momentary look over the shoulder of his new roommate, just to make sure none had heard Landis.

"Well, my friend, this academy'll hopefully be a ball." he glanced over to the bunks, and added "Heh heh. Err, well, I've already chucked my stuff on the bottom bunk. So I hope you don't mind if I take it." he grinned ever so slightly.

"Oh yeah, We'd better get that email sent to Ms Matsumoto. he thought for a fraction of a second "And, I, er, wanna get some of my stuff from my apartment" he scratched his head.

No doubt, their classes would start the next day. Asahi made sure to prepare that night, not to mention ferrying some of his neccessities to the dorm. It was only the beginning, and their was much to come. Asahi knowingly braced himself for the worst, and perhaps the best. Nothing could be determined however, until the next day.

OOC: you'll have to excuse the poor/cliche ending. I'm just kinda wrapping up the day

Looking back at his roommate for a while he saw that Kyle was busy with something in his phone. Sieg plopped down on his chair after resting his things on the table. Opening his laptop he turned it on so that he could check what Miss Matsumoto reminded them about, to email her their rooms. He booted the laptop up and logged into his mail, typing Room 101 as where he and Kyle were staying. Sieg then was starting to logg into his academy account when Kyle said he was going out.

"...See you later..."

"Ok then.", Sieg replied.

Then as he logged into his account he remembered Kyle mumbling something about getting his things.

"That dude, didn't he remember that he could have his things brought into the academy in advance?... Speaking of which I better have it brought here just in case."

Checking his account he looked for the baggage section under the "Student Services" tab of his account. He typed in their room number so that his luggage would be sent their after a while. While scanning the page he saw that the message tab was blinking. Clicking on the tab he checked the only message in his inbox.

",,,MS Training - Maneuvering..." were the first words that struck Sieg, making him all giddy again.

"So, I really AM a student in the academy. I better get rested for tomorooooooo...."

Sieg cut himself of with a yawn. All the giddiness has caught up with him.

Setting his laptop to standby he jumped for his bed and laid there. Taking out his phone he alarmed it at the wee hours of the morning so he could get himself set for tomorrow.

The meaning behind the action after Asahi's laugh was not lost on him, but Landis cared little for such details. If you have nothing to hide, might as well don't even pretend that you do.

"Well, my friend, this academy'll hopefully be a ball."His new bunk mate looked towards the double-deckered beds and continued. "Heh heh. Err, well, I've already chucked my stuff on the bottom bunk. So I hope you don't mind if I take it."

"Oh yeah, We'd better get that email sent to Ms Matsumoto. he thought for a fraction of a second "And, I, er, wanna get some of my stuff from my apartment" He ended his dialogue with a scratching of his head, betraying his discomfort or perhaps something else. Landis did nothing but nodded back.

"It's fine with me. Don't mind if I send it first, then." As his new acquaintance left, Landis quickly unpacked his things and laid them out neatly. Not entirely a perfectionist, but neither did he like to do things sloppily all the time either. A good first impression even on himself could do wonders to his ever depleting confidence whenever he moved into a new environment.

Still...

As he clambered up the ladder to the upper bunk after he was finished with his unpacking, he suddenly grinned, made sure that there was no one around and did an acrobatic flip using his right hand as a pivot for him to land squarely on his stomach. Despite his outwardly cold and even unapproachable appearance and attitude at times, Landis still preferred to do a few unexpected things whenever he was alone or when he was comfortable around certain people.

Let's hope whatever's in store for us tomorrow won't be disappointing me... He smiled, closed his eyes and was asleep within seconds even with the lights on. The waiting had, after all, drained him completely.