[Archives] Registration for the 1st Class of the Pilot Academy

Valiant

((Please note that this is not a sign up thread. This is a full RP thread for those who have been assigned a space in the academy by their respective factions.))

The man sat in the corner of the hall as he watched the various students queue up to register for a new semester in the Pilot Academy. It was one of the most prestigious school, being the top ranking piloting college in the world. He stared through his dark shades, noting the mixture of anxiety and enthusiasm on the faces of the students.

The receptionists at the booths were busy attending to the students. Despite the intimidating long lines that snaked from one end of the hall to the other, the staff kept their calm and went about efficiently to process the administrative work. Study loans, academic records and health reports were just some of the many information of each student that they had to check through.

Some bored students started making new friends on the first day of school while the quieter ones kept to themselves. There was a constant buzz of conversation in the hall, punctuated every so often by the laughter of groups of students. However, the noise level did not rise too high as a sharp hiss from one of the staff would bring the crescendo of noise back down to an acceptable volume.

((Feel free to reply to this but please do not interact with my character. This is more of an introductory post to the thread to kick start this, rather than a post by my character.))

Edited by Guest

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still totting his Venti-sized iced-latte Sieg stood in front of the steps of the admissions office of the Pilot Academy. Being a prestigious school he was still in awe that he was allowed to enroll here. This wide-eyed youngster just stood at the bottom of the steps, a coffee in his right hand and a compact file case containing his academy registration forms. He could have stood for hours thinking about his academy days until another kid bumped him, almost losing grip of his latte.

"Hey! If you'll just be staring at the building then why don't you sit on a bench back there! You'd better be careful next time., the guy said.

"Sorry about that..." Sieg bowed down a bit, owing to the fact that standing there for quite long was wrong. As the guy who bumped him entered the admission office Sieg started to climb the stairs leading into it.

As Sieg entered the revolving doors that opened into the office's main hall he noticed that booths lined-up one after another along it. Not wanting to look like some lost kid in a mall Sieg looked at the window numbers and checked where he could give his registration form and get on with a class or something. Sieg proceeds to look around for anyone who looks like a fellow student. Going through this entire ordeal would be more enjoyable if he had someone he could talk to while they searched for the damned counter.

Edited by Guest

The first reaction from Sayaka was basically nothing other than a open gaping wide mouth, directed towards the sheer enormousness of the academy building. In fact, the building itself doesn't seem like one you would expect from a normal academy, being a very prestigious Pilot Academy around this place.

Carrying a file containing the relevant admission forms, stationary and several notepads 'just in case', the girl turned her focus to right in front of the steps, beginning to make her ascent towards the entrance of the Pilot Academy, trying to least move around the amount of human traffic around the stairs leading to the entrance, leaving her to wonder how many of these people going in were actually interested in becoming a student at the Academy. She noticed someone else on the stairs is already a victim of the massive human traffic, seeing that the man is being scolded for his actions.

Human traffic is such a bother...She thinks for a moment, passing by what happened.

The revolver doors turned, as she made her entry into the hall, only to be greeted by even more people inside the hall. The lines formed by the people inside the hall was nothing short of scary, making her wonder if this is the only Pilot Academy around here, or that the others weren't as good as this one. Given the brief history of it, she considered herself 'lucky' to be able to even step into here.

Decided to join the waiting line for the applicants, she checked the directions of the counters, and heads to one of the ever-long waiting lines greeting the teenage girl. Looking left and right, she wonders how many of these people were Naturals, or Coordinators, since everyone is basically a normal human.

"Whoa" said Michael as he stepped into the premises of the Mobile Suit Academy, "this is huge"

Usually he'd his suit but for today he was wearing casual jeans, shoes, shirrt and a denim jacket, on his back his a bag with his notes and things he'd need. His red hair with glasses on top of his head still stayed and a few girls looked at him.

"Well time to go in" he said

((So here's where I come in. Michael, there are several things you will need to correct. First, the punctuations. Second, your spelling. Please do take the effort to run the spell check if you are unsure of your spelling. The functionality is there for a reason.

Lastly, I find the RP post a little on the short side. It is a good start nonetheless and I hope your posts will grow longer as time goes by.))

He thought he had seen it all-Everything from towering skyscrapers to imposing structures resembling that a castle.

How wrong he was.

Landis Exel Zenastan stood staring at the fortress before him, utterly convinced now that this was neither a dream nor a world-class prank played on him. The letter addressed to him a few weeks before had only partially convinced him, but he was all for 'seeing is believing'. So here he was, feeling almost like a trainee he had been back then (and perhaps still was).

It was not the only thing that astounded him. There was quite a considerable stream of people going in and coming out of the place itself that Landis wondered if this was really an Academy at all.

No matter...I'll find out more when I enter the building...He glanced at the crowd skeptically IF I can find an easy way in, that is.

Slinging the slim bag he had been carrying over his shoulder, he made his way into the building. Entry was not so hard to begin with, but he had to sidestep, squeeze and wriggle his way through in some instances, already catching several apologies on his way to the multi-purpose hall, including his own mumbled one.

And I thought the exterior looked imposing enough... Suddenly Landis was not so sure to discount the fact that whoever the architects was, or were, they probably thought of using the interior structural design of a castle to build such a place. Makes me wonder what I-we'll be getting to do around here.

There were at least a dozen booths set up, presumably for sign ups or just enquiries, perhaps. In any case, Landis knew he should get in line, lest it got any longer and in case his uncertainty led to indecision which would cause things to take a longer time for him. Scanning around quickly, he spotted what he was looking for: A long line that had yet to stretch like the others, though the length was recently added on by a short but not unattractive brunette. He increased his pace and eventually settled in behind her, letting out an involuntary sigh.

Let's hope this ends quick...

Edited by Guest

Mal was bored, this was a simple and irrefutable fact that just kept echoing inside of his head as he stood in one of the lines moving slowly - too slowly - towards the booths set up for those who were to be entering the highly prestigious Pilots Academy. It wasn't that the idea of being a student at this particular school, known as one of the top ranking of its kind, bored him. He just hated waiting in lines! Especially when the line he was in seemed to be the slowest moving of them all...

Muttering to himself about annoying lines and adjusting the strap of the duffel bag that was digging into his shoulder, the lack of protection offered by his short sleeved black t-shirt making him wish he had thrown his leather jacket on instead of stuffing it in the bulging bag, Mal looked around the room quickly and then, despite the weight of the bag and the way it banged into his knees, jogged to join another, shorter, line.

His bulky trainers squeaking on the floor, Mal stopped behind someone who looked roughly his age, though the silver in his obsidian hair suggested a little more age, and glanced around as people stared at him and spoke to friends about the impatient one. Impatient my right butt cheek, I just want to get started... wait... Slapping his forehead with his left hand, not wanting to disrupt the precarious position of the strap of his black duffel bag, Mal cursed at himself aloud; not even thinking about those that would consider him insane.

Finally finished berating himself, the nineteen year old Coordinator reached down with his free hand and opened one of the many pockets in his black denim jeans to remove all the paperwork, neatly folded, that he needed to enter the academy. He had been more than delighted when it turned up on his door, sealed and addressed to Mr.Fain - a first time for everything - and it showed in the almost springy way he moved forwards as the line did.

A little too slowly for Mal's taste unfortunately, the line he was originally in had seemed to half in size and that didn't help his sense that something should be happening, something exciting! Tapping the guy in front of him on the shoulder, a confident grin upon his face although only half of that could be seen due to a mess of blue hair covering half of his face, Mal held a hand out and introduced himself. Time to start making friends... "M'name's Malcolm Fain, though everyone just calls me Mal, this your first time?"

To Jonathan Locke the Pilot Academy was hardly impressive. He spent his entire life in the lap of luxury, being catered to in a way that made the academy seem like a waste of time. “I still don’t see why they didn’t just higher some ace from the war to teach me how to use a mobile suit instead of sending me here…”

Locke navigated through the crowd of people hardly paying anyone any heed. To him being in this place was simple; it meant he was but one step closer to being inside his very own mobile suit. People, classes, and the time spent here were all but obstacles he would have to overcome.

It didn’t take long for the young coordinator to find the end of a line he was supposed to be in. He stood erect, waiting patiently, looking forward, minding his own business. Of course a mind as young as his wasn’t easily controlled it wasn’t long that his gaze started to wonder around and really take in the environment, or rather the chaos.

As it turned out he was getting his share of looks too, then again what fourteen year old coordinator wouldn’t get a look in this kind of place. He had his father’s old leather jacket on which made him looking even younger because of how big it was, a green military duffle back in one hand and a fancy leather folder in the other. He probably looked like a miniature version of everyone else there; perhaps that was why he was getting a few stares. Afterall it wasn't like he was trying stand out.

He looked in front to study the people further in line; although everyone was older than him that fact didn’t intimidate him in the least. As he patiently waited he kept his ears open to see if he could catch anything important. So far the only thing that caught his attention was the man in front of him introducing himself to one of their peers. Rolling his eyes he sighed and thought, The sooner I’m out of this line the better, I want to get started here...

"M'name's Malcolm Fain, though everyone just calls me Mal, this your first time?"

As if the wait isn't enough...He turned, irritation piled on by the noise made behind him. Then again, it was only a drop of water in the vast expanse of the buzz generated around him. Having been preoccupied with other disquieting thoughts about his own past, Landis had failed to take into account the possibility of having someone trying to make friends with him, a mistake, he mused, that he should not have made, considering the fact that there were already a few deep in conversation, presumably done out of boredom and a need to make acquaintances.

Nevertheless, it avail him little good if he ignored and shunned him.

"Yes...Mal." He gave a smile as fleeting as the stars in a dawning sky and scrutinised him with a neutral expression on his face. Messy bright blue hair, spiked on his left side and another mope of it covering his right. One sole eye of smooth gray peeked out from beneath the mess of locks, twinkling with friendliness. The all black ensemble of a short-sleeved shirt coupled with jeans gave little away, though Landis knew the muscles on his forearm hinted otherwise.

Probably not someone you want to meet in a hard-hitting boxing match... Glancing ever so slightly down at his own dressing-A pair of jeans slightly ripped at the thighs, a plain white shirt and black jacket left unbuttoned worn over it, he looked back up. "I presume this would be your first time as well."

Switching his confident grin for one of barely concealed amusement in less time than it would take to blink, Mal almost laughed at the none too subtle way that Landis checked him out even as he dropped his hand his side once again. It was clear to the youngster, barely nineteen years old and still green when it came to matters other than schematics and crazy motorbike riding, that this man did not really wish to talk to him. Should've said so then...

"Your presumption would be correct, yes. I've heard of the place of course, I think every wannabe pilot has, but until my commanding officer sent me the paperwork I have never entertained the thought of actually being able to study here." A perfect opening for the unknown stranger to ask which of the multiple governments, or mercenary groups, he worked for.

As the line slowly inched forwards Mal looked over the shoulder of the man before him, craning his neck trying to see how many people were between him and admission into one of the greatest pilot academies ever built, and caught site of a brunette in front of the rude man before him. He briefly considered introducing himself then wondered if there was any point, most of those gathered seemed to want to win an unknown competition. Maybe they were giving out a prototype mobile weapon for the most notable pilot at the end of their time at the academy?

Dimitri, being the seemingly apathetic youth that he was, had his ears covered in headphones as he chewed up a piece of wintergreen bubble gum. Techno blared out of his headphones, as they weren't the noise-canceling kind meant for privacy. No, he was willing to share the love of lyricless, bass-heavy beats as he waited in line. He'd been smart enough to get in as soon as he possibly could, though there were rumors of people camping out overnight to keep from getting lagged in the lines. Dimitri had ended up with what could be considered about a half-hour wait. That was, of course, a half-hour too long, but he had something to keep him occupied. All of his paperwork was taken care of in digital form, and it'd be a quick few moments to bring it up for the receptionists to review and take care of. No problems, right? It was amazing what one could do with computers these days. And in case he needed paper copies, he had those in his backpack along with his laptop. What an inconvenience paper was though.

He looked around at the people in line. Nobody interesting enough to think of starting a conversation with. Some total cuties, as always, but he wasn't there to cruise for girls. He had an objective today, and that was to get through the academy and get his piloting license. He'd be one more phase through his plans, and he'd be able to relax, jsut that little bit more. Maybe he'd even find a new home away from home. He doubted that. Most of his family had another twenty-five left before they could be re-united, and the children had been adopted off as if their family wasn't of any significance to them. Of course, Dimitri wasn't Alexi Gurlukovich anymore. He was Dimitri Shirokov of EU birth, and of Orb Union citizenship. Someday, Dimitri would be a mere memory as well. Hopefully, on that day, he would be able to be Alexi again. But, at this rate, he'd run out of places to hide before he could go back to being himself.

Dimitri gave out a sigh, none the less bored by the DMV of mobile suits. Perhaps call this the DMS?

Ah... Landis would have kicked himself if he could, because only did Malcolm Fain lower his outstretched hand did he notice the purpose behind it. Old and bad habits die hard, apparently. He had never bothered shaking a person's hand unless someone had asked for his name in return. Even then, basic courtesy was important, whether he wanted to make friends or not.

Of course, he didn't miss the look on his face either, but he supposed it would be a natural reaction for anyone good natured enough to tolerate apparent uncouthness.

"Your presumption would be correct, yes. I've heard of the place of course, I think every wannabe pilot has, but until my commanding officer sent me the paperwork I have never entertained the thought of actually being able to study here." Unsociable as he seemed to others, Landis knew it was a statement to keep a conversation going. While his mouth muscles have been relatively lazy througout his years, his ears were running fit, as were his eyes, sharp enough to detect any possible subtle change in the behaviour of someone who had been fibbing.

Guess I'll humor him, then...

"...And where might you be from?" Deciding that he can make amends for the missed handshake later, Landis moved back instinctively as he felt the gap between the girl and him. The line is shortening. Good. I had absolutely no idea that there were that many people registered for this...If I'm queuing up for the right thing...

Edited by Guest

[OOC: Who is this brunette?]

The brown eyes of the girl constantly focusing left and right, as to see how many more people are joining the insanely ever-long line for admission into the Pilot Academy. While there are several presumably normal-looking males and females coming into the admission hall to join the line, several of the people that went in at least stood out in their own ways, among them a pair of towering males right behind a brunette, behind her. Sayaka was at least intimidated by the size of these guys, but that was notably because of her 157cm frame, which is something considered to be very typical for an Asian girl. The one right behind her seems to be someone who does not really enjoy the conversation with the more-cheerful person behind him.

Seems to be direct opposites in terms of personality...She concludes her observations about the group behind her. The reason for this is not because she wanted to hit on guys, rather, it was experience gathered from observing the types of guys her friends in school liked, and these types usually command one of the highest rankings for being, 'romantic when needed to be'. As for the other one, it's best described as being 'mixed', as some girls deemed the outgoing type to be 'annoying', to say at least.

Blaring techno music can be heard from the earphones of one of the people behind, but she more or less got very used to it, since she did spend a considerable amount of money in her Nissan Skyline sports sedan for the sake of getting a perfect balance of the audio system, to at least, cover her extremely diverse taste in music.

As the line in front of her beginning to move, she quickly followed the rest of the line, followed by the brunette behind her.

He would be late. For the first time in a long long while, Zetsubo would be late to his first day of pilot academy. Why? Because his damn alarm clock did not go off when it was suppose to. Quickly jumping out of bed, the young college teen quickly rushed to put his best on while attempting to remain alive in the process as he tripped and dived over, and through the pile of clothes scattered about his now messy room. Just the other day, he had literally torn through all of his dressers, and closet to find a nice set of clothes to wear for this that were clean, and after spending about a good five hours searching, he found what he wanted.

Dressing up a pair of clean, black jean pants, topped with a red t shirt under a black collared dress shirt, a pair of black boots were worn on his slender feet. Making his way to the bathroom, he quickly brushed his teeth, brushed his hair, and did all those things a normal teenager should do before running out of the door, a piece of bread hanging in his mouth, a Venti hot vanilla latte in one hand, and a back pack in the other. "Bloody hell! NEVER been late for ANYTHING in my damn life, and today of all DAYS, I gotta get up at the WRONG TIME!!!" He thought to himself, frustration beginning to overtake him. But after a few calming techniques, he was good to go as he ran for his life through the streets and toward the academy.

After about another thirty minutes had passed, he finally had arrived, backpack slung over his shoulders with the piece of bread finished, and the vanilla latte almost done. the only problem remained the bread crumbs that marred his neatly trimmed goatee, and bits of leaves that had fallen into his near perfectly trimmed hair. Just as he was about to enter, he caught a hold of his now messy state of being, and quickly fixed that problem as he shook the leaves from his hair, and wiped away the crumbs with the napkin he pulled from his pocket.

Looking up after the mess was cleaned, he saw that, well he wasn't all that late to begin as seemingly nothing had started just yet. But he did see the long line, and the other students that waited as well. "Good. NOT late after all." He told himself cheerfully as he put on his glasses and waited in line, finishing his latte before tossing it in the trash.

[OOC: Sorry!! Hope im not late ]

Siegfred continued to look around for the first window where his forms could be received and processed. As he did a couple of new people came into the academy's doors. One by one each of them entered the hall, bravely facing the tide of people already occupying the halls.

"This is getting tiring. I better look at the counters for a while and searchfor markers, signs or something."

Sieg then walked towards a counter. A girl and a couple of guys composed the queue of people lining up at the counter. He went beside the line to look at the window to check if its the registration counter. Just then another guy came barging in through the doors.

"Looks like he ran all the way from home, hehe... Did he stumble through a bush or something?", noticing the leaves the guy brushed off his head. Taking a sip from his latte Sieg approached his fellow registrant.

"Missed the bus, I presume?", Siegfred asked the person in front of him, the haggard new arrival.

Edited by Guest

Looking around at the crowd of people before him, he was starting to regret getting here so late. Zet hated waiting, though he was getting better at being patient when it was needed. Letting out a sigh, he quieted his growing frustration and excitement as always so who wouldn't get too jumpy about his current situation. "Hell. Stupid alarm clock..." He muttered through gritted teeth as his head sunk a bit in disappointment.

Just then, a student came up to him, wondering if he had missed the bus. "Yeah, kinda did. My alarm clock didn't go off like it was suppose to. Today of all days, I gotta show up late and be last in line. And I was hoping to be one of the first to get here too!!" He said, clearly annoyed at his current situation. But it passed by quickly as he let out a helpless shrug and a laugh.

Giving the new person a once over, Zet gave him a friendly smile and held out his hand for a hand shake. "Oh, and my name is Kanon. Kanon Zetsubo. Who might you be eh?" He asked in his normal friendly, yet even tone of voice.

"Just what I thought. I was once like that, always messy and late.", Sieg thought to himself as the newcomer offered to shake hands. Returning the gesture Sieg shook the guy's hand.

"Siegfred Correa, but you could call me Sieg, or pehaps you SHOULD. Most people couldn't pronounce my name correctly, even after saying it again 3 times." Sieg let out a slight giggle, remembering the countless times people wouldn't be able to understand his name. Most often they thought it was a practical joke, hearing 'Secret' instead of 'Siegfred'.

"Uhm, you really ain't that late yet, if you consider this place already packed. From what I've heard there's so much people here the queues even extend outside the building on very bad days, so we should still consider ourselves lucky."

Brushing his black hair fixed with wax Sieg looked around the premises. Taking a sip from his latte he asked Kanon, "So, have you caught your breath already?", noticing that Kanon was huffing and puffing since he came in.

Edited by Guest

Ezekiel glanced at his wrist watch as he stepped up to the double doors, stifling a yawn. It was the kind of timepiece that looked very expensive despite being relatively cheap - and now it looked, expensively, like he was late for signups. To his credit, the guy who'd promised him to give him a ride had failed to show, most likely due to the ten shots of Screwdriver they'd had each during their little celebration of Ezekiel's reassignment to the pilot academy and forever reaffirming one of the red-haired crewman's prejudices; mechanics couldn't hold their liquor for shit.

Well, it was fashionable to be late, right? Nevermind that he'd ran until he was out of breath, stolen some kid's bicycle, crashed that same bicycle when he tried to jump a parked moped's sidecar and then limped the rest of the way to offset the agonizing effects of steel bikeframe meeting soft crotch - it's the thought that counts.

And speaking of fashionable, Ezekiel grinned as his eyes inevitably travelled from his watch up onto the sleeve of his newly-purchased sports jacket. It was a pleasant gray affair, and he stopped for a moment to admire his own inscrutable dress sense before he pushed the doors open and stepped inside.

There were a lot of people waiting in line, and he was a little disheartened to find that he was among the oldest trainees there. The army seemed to pick 'em younger and younger these days, and a couple of the aspiring students looked like they were just barely done with puberty - and the discordant rise and fall of the general hubbub would suggest that there were even a few who weren't.

This, however, did nothing to prevent him from feeling rather elated as he stepped into a line, for once not talking to anyone as he slung his bag over his shoulder. This was going to be good.

Oh wow, how we have even more people to join this one massive party. Sayaka caught sight of even more people entering the admission hall in the academy, continuously adding the statistics the people in charge might see based on the admission. Still, she is left wondering how many people here are to actually go through all the training in the Pilot Academy, and actualy pass?

Especially based on how half of the people that went in looked. Something else that bothers her is that most of the people that came in dressed like as if they are going for a party or something, if the manner in which the males and females dressed in tells her. Another girl right in front of her, with her dyed-to-green hair, was basically trying to show her 'assets' to the public; she sighed at the sight, seeing that it is a stark contrast to the conservative combination of a white collared long-sleeve blouse, tucked into a black lower thigh-length pencil skirt she was wearing from the waist, with a matching coat, buttoned as to cover the blouse. It was finished with a rather normal looking pair of high-heels, although they don't really do much other than looking nice.

In fact, people thought that she is one of the secretaries in the office.

She was at least unperturbed by the sight of people coming in late, as it is a very common occurence in anywhere that she have at least went to, especially the matter of registrations. From what she recalled (and heard from others), there are people who actually camped outside the building overnight, although it was the group that were waiting right in front of the doors, before they are opened that contributed to the highest number of people that went in front first.

Well, if there is something that she noticed, is that the median age of the people coming into the admission hall seems to be varying by the minute. One minute there will be a guy who is even younger than her, and the next minute there could be someone who is far older than her. She doesn't know, some people wanted to be the early birds, and some others...well, there is no restriction to what one can do anyway.

As the sexy-looking girl right in front walked several steps to the front, she quickly followed, attempting to minimize the volume of the taps the high-heeled shoes made. Although the one right in front made even louder taps.

Edited by Guest

((I noticed the sudden halt in the RP here. Please do carry on with the thread. Fuku can RP as being late for the registration. I will be using an NPC for the most part, if not the entirety, of this thread.

I might add a profile for her if the need arises but for now just RP with her as best as you can.))

Hitomi Matsumoto clasped the tablet PC close to her chest, taking care not to wrinkle her neatly ironed uniform. Her brown hair was held up neatly with a simple clip, revealing her pale neck. Hitomi brushed her fringe out of her face and tucked it behind a ear as she scanned the room. It was her first day in the academy as a tutor. She was offered the job upon graduation from the academy. Hitomi was sure that her excitement and anxiety were no less than that the freshmen were feeling.

The details of the students in her class had been transferred to her tablet PC and she had to introduce herself to them. Hitomi spoke into the public announcement system, "Your attention please. Could the following students please meet me at the information counter?"

" Landis Exel Zenastan.  Asahi Okina.  Malcolm Fain. Ezekiel Koehler. Dimitri Shirokov. Kanon Zetsubo. Jonathan McDowell Locke.  Kyle Ashford. Sayaka Nakano. Siegfred Nelson Correa."

The announcement was repeated once more. Thereafter, Hitomi walked to the front of the counter and waited for her students.

"Your attention please. Could the following students please meet me at the information counter?"

Landis turned, his impatience and curiosity granting no quarter to any reply from his newfound acquaintance. There probably was little need for him to see if Malcolm Fain would register any interest at so sudden an announcement, for all around him every single human who had the slightest curiosity were fixated on the voice, a crowd hungry with anticipation for the next tidbit of information the system was about to deliver on a plate.

" Landis Exel Zenastan.  Asahi Okina.  Malcolm Fain. Ezekiel Koehler. Dimitri Shirokov. Kanon Zetsubo. Jonathan McDowell Locke.  Kyle Ashford. Sayaka Nakano. Siegfred Nelson Correa."

Finally...That clears things up. Landis breathed a sigh of relief, took a quick glance at the line and suppressed a grin. He wondered how long his patience would have lasted if he needed to wait till then for his turn.

The system droned on for a second time, but Landis needed no second prompting. Scanning the crowds about him, the black-haired youth watched as several people began filing out of the queues, some with expressions of relief mixed wtih an irritation at why the call had not come sooner; others simply curious about what this was all about. A quick head-count revealed that not all were here, but it was not really his concern.

"They call for us." He said simply, more a statement than a question directed at Mal. Without waiting for either a response or a reply, he dipped his head slightly, eyes betraying little emotion, and walked out of the queue briskly, his movement exuding both power and grace in its own way.

Edited by Guest

Finally... I hate waiting in line... Dimitri sighed and walked lazily over to the information counter. Once there, he was to see a stereotypically cute receptionist with a tablet PC in her arms. Not that he was complaining about her, quite the opposite really. What was more pressing was that only ten students been told to go to the counter. Hopefully, this wasn't for class, they'd be able to get their places back in line. He'd wait in line again because this was important to him, but he wasn't going to be all too happy if this just meant more standing in line.

With a small yawn, Dimitri leaned up against the counter, waiting for the others to show up before they got business taken care of. Meanwhile, he looked around, taking in the sights and sounds of the boring lines and chattering hordes. About that time, Dimitri realized his music was still going, possibly getting on the girl's nerves. So, he slid the headphones down to his neck and pressed pause. The rhythmic pumping of bass and synthesizers stopped abruptly.

"My name is Dimitri Shirokov. I assume you're the one that called us over here." Dimitri's voice was calm, though it sounded just a bit tired, which was the truth. He was tired of standing in lines. Who wouldn't be? This was the DMS after all. At least nobody was going insane and yelling up a storm over some minor offense or something.

[Hehe, I was actually talking of KCT but it's no big deal ']

"My friend, it is clear that you do not wish to continue this conversation but I do applaud you for your attempt at doing the polite thing." Smiling in a way that would irritate ninety percent of people, revealing perfectly straight white teeth and practically shining with confidence, Mal looked around him before switching the arm the bag was resting on, showing off the insignia of the ZAFT military, and waited silently.

Silence was boring, Mal quickly realised this even as he did his best to remain still and patient. If he was laying across the firing range he could wait hours for a shot, waiting until he was certain that he would hit, and if he was on parade then he could stand still for long enough to grow roots. But waiting in a line brought back memories of shuttleports, waiting to leave America and moving between the different PLANTS. Boring!

And so, when his name was called out, Mal tightened the strap of his duffel bag and glanced at the still unnamed man in front of him - the same man who spoke to him of his name being called out as if he were stupid - and walked away from the line and towards the receptionist. Every step was both quick and sloppy, hiding the fact that he had military training beneath the laziness of a teenager, and he quickly arrived at his destination with a smile upon his lips and his blue hair swept from his face to reveal the barcode tattoo underneath his eye. "Malcolm Fain at your service, m'lady."