[Archives] Registration for the 1st Class of the Pilot Academy

Valiant

Sayaka was went into dream world when the public announcement system crackled after going through the arduously long line, and not being very confident when a female voice said these very words from the public announcement system inside the hall.

"Your attention please. Could the following students please meet me at the information counter?"

Of course, the announcement injected some amount of 'life' there could possibly be among the people waiting to be admitted into the Pilot Academy, although getting called does not necessarily mean a good thing at certain times. The people around hold their breath, and waited as the announcement is continued with a list of names.

" Landis Exel Zenastan.  Asahi Okina.  Malcolm Fain. Ezekiel Koehler. Dimitri Shirokov. Kanon Zetsubo. Jonathan McDowell Locke.  Kyle Ashford. Sayaka Nakano. Siegfred Nelson Correa."

What?! She muttered to herself when she hears that her name is one of those being announced, second last from the list of 10 people being called. The announcement is repeated, with no pauses in between. The conformation is a small relief, as much as a small worry.

Looking left and right for a perfect opportunity to move out of the large mass of humans, she sees three males already making their way towards the information counter. She takes a step forward, and quickly moves to the direction of the information counter. She moved around with care for every small step that she takes; she does not want to crash into some random person and get into all sorts of trouble within the first day here. The high-heeled shoes made all this harder, but she at least got used to it, despite being clearly at tomboy in the past.

On her way there, Sayaka was constantly questioning why these people were called up to the information counter. The last thing she wanted to know is that they might have made a random mistake in their registration, which will mean delays, and more waiting in the line. Another side of the mind is telling her not to be worried about it, at least for now.

Great, I hope that I wasn't shooting my own feet or something.

The information counter is already in her sight, and she looks at the group currently being assembled over the counter, all of them presumably the ones being called, with the exception of a nice-looking brown-haired Japanese girl, holding a tablet PC, who looked like she is somewhere around her own age. The fact that she was the only girl being called out did little to bother her, making her way to the Japanese girl.

"Er...Sayaka Nakano here...is there anything I can help with?" she introduced herself, in a somewhat meek tone, trying to hide that she was being afraid of what might goes next.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[OOC: Sorry. I just found out about this recently.]

He was poking around the store, as usual. Looking around for interesting things he could waste money on. He pored over old, dusty books, most of which haven't been touched by anybody for months. No doubt he's bored to the skull, but he found a novelty in obtaining things other people usually didn't want. Another one of the odd hobbies he nurtured. He had the time, anyways.

Kyle Ashford strode out of the building with a mildly satisfied face, books in hand. There was an entire day ahead of him, and he couldn't think of anything else to do. Sigh. This is pathetic. He thought to himself. I really should get a job. I can't waste my time lazing around like this. I'm sure I've got better things to-

Before he could finish his thought process, he realized something. His eyes widened. His heart thundered. And a pint of adrenaline surged through his body. He glanced at his wristwatch. A few drops of sweat muddled his sight.

He did have something to do today. And he was extremely late.

Before he knew it, he was running down the road to the nearest train station. "How-the-hell-did-I-forget!" He yelled, gritting his teeth. Today, he would attend the Academy for the first time. He didn't have any supplies with him, but that never crossed his mind at that moment. All that mattered to him was that he got there. It was a miracle that he was given permission to enter the Academy, given his bad record. Indeed, the classmate that came to save him from suspension was the most realistic miracle he ever experienced.

The train ride nearly killed him. The last thing he wanted to do was stand still. He was jittering around, glancing at his watch every now and then. He looked like he was about to explode. And explode he did. The minute the door slided open, he rocketed off the train, running as fast as he could.

Finally, he was able to find the building. info center, info center... He stopped to look at the directory for a few seconds, and raced off into the hallways. Some people were yelling at him, but he didn't have time to care. He couldn't afford to waste this miracle!

"I...am...here!" He yelled, barging into the counter. "K-Kyle Ashford, I m-made it, right?" He said, in between gasps of breath. He looked around desperately like a disoriented bull.

Edited by Guest

"Your attention please. Could the following students please meet me at the information counter?"

"Now what could that be?"

" Landis Exel Zenastan.  Asahi Okina.  Malcolm Fain. Ezekiel Koehler. Dimitri Shirokov. Kanon Zetsubo. Jonathan McDowell Locke.  Kyle Ashford. Sayaka Nakano. Siegfred Nelson Correa."

As the PA system repeated the announcement it was clear they were being beckoned, for what, he didn't know. "Seems like you still wouldn't be able to catch your breath. We better get going to that information counter."

As Sieg proceeded to the counter, looking behind his back if Kanon was trailing him behind he saw that a couple of people were already there introducing themselves and confirming their attendance. When the Japanese Girl finished Sieg proceeded to confirm his attendance as well.

"Siegfred Correa here, responding to the PA. Is there a problem?"

Sieg looked over his shoulders, checking if that Kanon guy was still behind him.

Well I'll be... He let a small smile slip onto his mouth, the tips of his lips curving up slowly. The fellow had smiled at him, perhaps deciding that he was yet another antisocial fool attempting to communicate with others for the sake of it and now walked past him in a manner most unfitting of any typical soldier. Landis' eyes latched onto his back, watching him as he weaved his way towards the information counter and wondered amusingly what Malcolm Fain's reaction would be if he suddenly smiled amiably at him as he introduced himself properly.

His attention was torn from the otherwise 'dynamic' personality, though, to some more vocal members of the throng around him. There were murmurs, whisperings of speculation about the mysterious ten who had been summoned for. Some merely voice out of curiosity, while others out of apparent malice.

"What are they being called for? Did they something wrong?"

"Probably. Summonings like these don't really bode well, you know. Maybe they made nuisances of themselves while camping for the queues. You know what people can do nowadays."

Maybe they were 'special', perhaps? Sent here particularly by an organisation for intensive training or something. I heard there was a programme-"

Landis snorted derisively, a poorly hidden display of his disdain for rumor-mongering and at the same time, a timely distraction to stop him from pondering about the credibility of the words of the second person he heard. The last thing he needed was pessimism of this sort, especially in a place like this.

As he walked through the throng, however, the teenager became slightly unsure of himself. There were at least several stares directed in his way, and while his erratic personality presented him with an almost reflexive habit to smile or look back at the person doing so, Landis had never been sure of the disposition of the people around him, stranger or no. The only person he had really revealed his inferiority complex to was the very person who gave life to it, but he was in a better place as far as he knew.

Did he come here before as well...? Perhaps he had been one of the better students... For a moment, melancholy threatened to overwhelm him, but Landis brushed it aside quickly as he stopped right at the counter, being careful to mask any expression giving his thoughts away with a flat neutral facade. It dissolved, though, when he could not help but smile as several others of whom had been called (including the petite brown-haired girl who he had caught a glimpse of earlier on as well as a young man who swept in like a hurricane, looking as though he had just attempted a record-breaking time for a 100 metre sprint) bombarded the lady sitting behind the counter with questions and introductions. Malcolm Fain was there as well, probably with another introduction judging from the wide smile on his face.

There were another two male would-be students, one with a funky hairdo with hair of the same hue as his, the other with a shock of auburn hair and perhaps a little taller than him. It gave him new dimensions to look at the girl in a different perspective. Regardless of any assumption that the academy favoured males over females, Landis was now sure that every single person here were skilled in some way beneficial to piloting, which might result in the healthy dosage of competition he was looking for.

Contented to stand behind instead of adding on to the artillery fire of queries and introductions, he smiled at the brunette (Who looked to be only slightly older than most of them present) simply and waited behind for her defenses to activate against the barrage of queries.

Edited by Guest

((Darn it. I should have made it clear. My post was made on the presumption that your characters have already been registered and are waiting to be assigned to the classes. Perhaps you could edit the parts about having to leave the queues. I'll continue with this. I take the blame for the confusion.

However, if you wish to be given more time to interact, I could always remove my thread until everyone's done. Please direct all OOC chat here))

The first student to approach leaned against the counter and let out a yawn. Hitomi beamed her trademark toothy smile. The boy seemed to be lost in thoughts. He suddenly removed his headphones and introduced himself. "My name is Dimitri Shirokov. I assume you're the one that called us over here."

"Yes. Hi, my name is Miss Hitomi Matsumoto. You can call me Hitomi or Miss Matsumoto. Please hold on while we wait for the others."

A blue-haired boy was the next to approach. It was apparent that he was hoping to impress with his greeting. "Malcolm Fain at your service, m'lady."

Hitomi was not impressed at all. She preferred to deal with people who were less flamboyant. Nonetheless, she maintained her smile and repeated her introduction. As soon as she was done, she turned to a girl who was walked towards the counter. The girl spoke shyly, "Er...Sayaka Nakano here...is there anything I can help with?"

"Hello, Sayaka. I'm Miss Hitomi Matsumoto. I will brief the class as a whole when the others join us. Please wait over here for a moment," Hitomi replied as gently as she could, hoping to make the girl feel more at ease. Before she could do or say more to Sayaka, she noticed a young man waiting for her attention. Hitomi smiled as sweetly as she could at Sayaka and turned to him. As he approached, he state, "Siegfred Correa here, responding to the PA. Is there a problem?"

"There isn't. I'm Miss Hitomi Matsumoto. I will explain this to everyone. Please hold on while we wait for the remaining students."

"I...am...here!" A boy yelled, barging into the counter. "K-Kyle Ashford, I m-made it, right?"

"Tsk tsk," Hitomi clicked her tongue in disapproval. "Being in a hurry isn't an excuse for you to forget your manners young man. I will take it as enthusiasm on your part and not pursue. To answer your question, yes, you made it. I will brief everyone when we're gathered. Please stay around this area."

With a smile, she turned her attention to her tablet PC. She made notes of the first impression each student gave and took their attendance. In hindsight, it was perhaps a mistake to call for the class over the public announcement system. It was apparent that these youngsters were pretty shaken at being called up and all of them showed signs of nervousness. However, she was in a hurry and she could not wait for the students to be assigned to their classes through the standard protocol. It would take too long and she would be late for the appointment.

Hitomi looked up from the LCD screen and noticed a dark-haired boy waiting a short distance from the counter. She recognised the face. A check with the profile in her records confirmed her suspicions. "Landis Exel Zenastan?"

The boy looked up at her. "You are Landis Exel Zenastan, I presume."

OOC: Don't mind me ppls, looked like you'd have fun without me anyway I only recently found out i was on the list my bad

IC: There was never really a world record for the most number of swear words said in the space of two minutes. Either Asahi set the record, or he broke it, as he muttered every conceivable curse he knew, even other languages. Repeatedly. Being late for the first lesson in the academy was one thing. Not being ready was another. Asahi blamed himself and his vintage Lacus Clock, which decided to die on his first day of Pilot School.

Running up the steps of the gaping mouth of the academy, something clicked, and Asahi pulled his left hamstring. The pain cataclysmically made him lose balance, and he tripped over the last step and landed on the entryway, spilling the contents of his folder.

"Oh. My. GOD." was all he managed, as he sort of curled up and grabbed his leg, as well as nursing his reddened palms from trying to break his fall. Groping the floor, he made an effort to get back up. He looked around, gathered his papers, teeth gritted from the combined pain, and noticed his glasses were gone. Several people walked by, semi-staring at him. A female student came up to him, handing a few glass shards stuck to a wire frame.

"I'm really sorry, but, I stepped on your glasses when you fell. I'm really sorry about it." She sort of whimpered.

Lucky for her, Asahi wasn't a jerk. "Heh, thats ok." He smiled. That wasn't a lie. "Don't worry about it." He took his dead glasses. And pushed (with some pain) on the revolving doors.

The air conditioning confronted Asahi, as he limped in semi-blindness into the foyer. He could see, just not very well. Reading was limited and far objects were problems, but he could manage. He hoped. Pocketing his glasses, Asahi smoothed his navy crumpled pants, and adjusted his white shirt. With his folder in hand, he looked around, the counters caught his attention, not to mention the huge lines of students lining up at counters. Hurriedly, he walked over to a free counter, unable to read the sign above.

"Hi, um, I'm Asahi Okina, I'm here for the academy?" The woman looked up at him.

"Kid, this is Enrollment for Teaching." Asahi pulled a face of surprise. "You're after Student Enrollment" she pointed. And added "Read next time, ok?"

Asahi thanked her, and sauntered off, embarrassed. He noticed alot of the people were drawn to attention to him.

"Oh great, what did I do now?" he saw a noticeable toilet sign, and looked at his palms. Slightly bloody. He began to walk over to the toilets. Overhearing a group of students, they were gossiping about something. Funnily enough, he caught a sizeable portion of the discussion: "They called some people up. Who was it? Landis something Zenastan, Asahi something..."

He doubled back and tapped one of the group on the shoulder.

" 'Scuse me dude, did they call Asahi Okina?"

"Uh yeah, thats right. They called them to the info desk."

"Which way is it?" he shook the student, to which he replied "Over there! What's your problem?" pointing over at the desk.

Asahi was off in a flash, mutter "Oh snaps..." He almost arrived at the desk, as he saw several people there already. Asahi stopped, taking note of how grim their expressions, or just plain negative. Asahi calmed himself down, Mr nice guys were frowned upon. He approached the group, taking note of the man with darkish hair, the other with an electric blue ponytail, a redhead, another with black spiked hair,  meekish looking girl, and another girl with a brown hair. It was hard to tell who was in charge, they all looked around the same age as Asahi. He hesitated, ran his hand through his hair, and approached.

"Excuse me, who would be in charge here? Sorry I'm late, I'm Asahi Okina." he gulped.

OOC: Sorry, long post

"Landis Exel Zenastan?"

Landis looked up, all attention on the floor and other thoughts delivered smoothly to the lady sitting at the counter.

"You are Landis Exel Zenastan, I presume." Her tone was neither too business-like nor strict and he could not help but gave her a small smile in return. She did not feel like those who were paid to act nice, for he was relatively sure that whoever she might be, the feeling of civility was genuine.

"...That would be me, Miss." He stepped forward to the counter till they were no more than a half meter away. "I suppose it wouldn't really be appropriate if I asked what the heck is going on." He added dryly.

"Excuse me, who would be in charge here? Sorry I'm late, I'm Asahi Okina." Landis turned to look at the newcomer. Judging from his appearance, he reckoned that the latter had seen better days, even if he was late. What would have been an otherwise neat fringe veering diagonally downwards from both temples to end at the tip of the bridge of his nose was ever so slightly mussed, though the long hair covering his side burns seem none the worse for wear. There was a pair of glasses clutched in a hand with dried spots of suspicious crimson and a slight limping action gave rise to a small pang of sympathy for the young man who looked only slightly older than him. Two emerald orbs which would probably hint at joviality were now clouded with confusion and uncertainty as well as a dash of embarassment. Apparently it seemed as though a black cat might have crossed this man's path.

Having scrutinised enough, Landis gave him a sympathetic nod and turned back only halfway while glancing at the lady so that the brunette in front could at least see the newcomer, inform them all of what was really going on and of course, show him the way to the infirmary if the need arised.

"Hello, Sayaka. I'm Miss Hitomi Matsumoto. I will brief the class as a whole when the others join us. Please wait over here for a moment," was the line muttered by the person named Hitomi Matsumoto, who apparently spoke in a certain calming tone at Sayaka. The brown-haired girl did nothing to reply the smile back at the other neatly dressed girl, as she was interrupted by another person coming in to ask more questions regarding them being called up. Well, at least she can breath a slight relief at knowing that the registration process has gone well for the time being.

Cool, now the wait starts...She tells herself to try thinking of something to do at this sort of times, as the rather petite and shorter-than-most-of-the-others-there girl made several steps back, to somewhere off the barrage of questions being hurled at the other girl, one after another. The last person to reply to her was one of the guys that was standing somewhere behind her at the line just now, seemingly asking question in a dry, but noticeably intentional, tone. Almost going to stand aside near the counter, she sees another person approaching the group in a hurry, presumably being later than the most of them.

Oh how some people love being the latecomers. That was the first impression that ran through her mind. Although she never liked latecomers, it seems that this guy have some cause for sympathy, since it could be basically a case of bad luck falling on a very wrong day.

Sayaka leans on the counter and crosses both her legs and her hands, covering her chest, knowing that an 87cm bustline would be bound to some stares from anyone around here.

"...That would be me, Miss," Landis spoke as he strode towards her. "I suppose it wouldn't really be appropriate if I asked what the heck is going on."

Before she could respond, a boy with jet black hair ran to the counter. "Excuse me, who would be in charge here? Sorry I'm late, I'm Asahi Okina."

Hitomi smiled at Landis. "It's alright. I believe all of you are a little confused over everything. I will brief all of you when everyone's gathered."

She then levelled her gaze at the Asahi. "I'm Miss Matsumoto. You are not too late. I believe we still have a few who are even later."

Hitomi let her gaze drop to the screen of her tablet PC and read the names of those who have yet to arrive, absently tapping the butt of her pen on her lips. "Ezekiel Koehler. Kanon Zetsubo. Jonathan McDowell Locke."

"I wonder what's taking them so long," she said with a sigh. "While we wait for them, could you tell me your impression of the academy thus far? I know it's just the first few hours of the first day of school but first impressions are important. Who would like to start?"

Locke had been passively watching everyone eagerly go to the desk to see what the deal was with all of their names being called. He knew sooner or later he would have to report to the woman taking role call but he was curious to see who would go up so he could size everyone else up. He wasn’t looking forward to interacting with other people; they always tended to not treat him the way he thought he should be treated, with respect.

After it looked like mostly everyone had gone up he finally gave up his spot in line to go to the information counter. Cutting his way to the lady he spoke up to make sure he was heard, “Excuse me miss, Jonathan McDowell Locke reporting in ma’am.”

He briefly looked at everyone else, almost to make sure they heard his name too, not that it mattered, he simply didn’t want to repeat himself.  After announcing his attendance he went back to being passive to watch what would happen next. He wasn’t really interested in making friends, at least not yet.

(OOC: sorry if i haven't been that active here I'm just taking it slower because I've been swamped with tests and things here for school. I should be able to keep up though).

A man stood in the back of the room staring at the new recruits. His pilot suit was pulled down to his waist and tired around. A red bandanna held back his ruffled lengthy black hair, although stands fell over his piercing blue eyes. He stared over at the new recruits, and let out a bright smile. Rubbing his hand against the fresh stubble on his chin the veteran pilot stared over at Hitomi; who seemed to have been busy processing the influx of students.

This veteran pilot, was Mathias Astuben a mentor to the few that managed to see him fight in the wars. At a declining age of thirty, Mathias had seen quite a lot of kids with the same appearance as the onces standing in front of them. All of them wet behind the ears, and eager to get into a mobile weapon. His boots creaked while he walked forward across the flooring. The veteran kept his distance, and pulled out a flask from his pocket. After twisting the top, Mathias held it up in a salute to the first class, and Hitomi. "So this is the first class....I'm in for one hell of time. Pressing the flask to his mouth, the veteran took a few gulps.

((OOC: *Ish sneaking into the thread* ))

"Hey~, why didn't anyone tell me we were getting some new ones?"

A partially brushed mane of blond hair poked its way into the room as clear blue eyes scanned the room with interest.  Said eyes and hair belonged to a young woman of somewhat short stature, and she held onto the frame of the door so she could lean in and watch everything that was going on, without having to walk into the room and make a scene.  Her free hand went to adjust her plain white sleeveless shirt and stylishly ragged jeans before moving up to her head to make sure her blue headband didn't fall over her eyes.

Continuing her attempt to actually stay out of the way of things for once, the blond girl kept to the walls of the room, eventually coming to a halt close to Mathias.  She had seen him around the academy quite a few times already, and out of respect for his experience and her fathers words, always tried to be civil around him.  He WAS a respected veteran after all, and her father, the honorable vice-admiral, wouldn't be very proud of her if she didn't give him the courtesy he deserved.

"You think any of these new ones are gonna be any good, Mr.Astuben sir?"  The girl named Lune Zoldark said in a quiet tone of voice so as not to interrupt the processing.....process; though it was obvious that she didn't like using respectful names for people, as her last words had almost seemed forced.  Of course, to Lune, the word sir usually meant 'guy she could wallop in anything they dared challenge her to; not counting long division, she HATED long division'.

Mathias turned over to the girl with a smirk growing across his face, "From experience, all these guys have potential to become the next ace pilot. As of right now they all look like kids." He slyly slide the flask back into his pocket, and continued to stare at them with arms crossed over his chest. Momentarily, Mathias grinned over to Lune, and stretched out his neck. "Hey Lune, just call me Mathias, I hate titles. I hated it during the war, and I'm not changing one bit."

Mathias was quite a laid back pilot, often defying orders and completely missions in unorthodox ways. It would almost seem as if the mercenary career if him the best. He was a first name person, despite rank or any other titles, Mathias would always call a person by their first name. It was somewhat of a honor to know a persons name, much like a courtesy knowing the name of the person who shot you down. 

Looking left and right like a lost kitten, through the bangs of her light brown hair, never really help her settle down around here. Not because she is afraid anything that goes around anyway, rather, the gigantic scale of expectations which the assembled group of new students, herself included, are expected to perform.

“Excuse me miss, Jonathan McDowell Locke reporting in ma’am.”

The sudden interruption from a teenager, looking even younger than she is, have slightly disturbed the linear train of thought she is travelling on, but nevertheless it is enough for the train of thought to change its course. About to continue with the journey of thought, Sayaka was 'awaken' by the voice of Miss Matsumoto askiong a rather simple, but 'deep', question, possibly to take their mind off the wait for the other potential candidates.

"While we wait for them, could you tell me your impression of the academy thus far? I know it's just the first few hours of the first day of school but first impressions are important. Who would like to start?" Miss Matsumoto was overheard asking.

Of course, Sayaka didn't notice sight of 2 people who has been keeping a keen eye on them, the new people around, but she would start the salvo anyway, for the heck of it.

"Erm...I think I can start first," Sayaka then quickly took a step forward, and replied to the question in a instant manner. "Well...the first thing I know is this place is...how to say it...'massive' in a maybe strange way," she continued, wondering if anyone would actually understand what is she talking about.

"While we wait for them, could you tell me your impression of the academy thus far? I know it's just the first few hours of the first day of school but first impressions are important. Who would like to start?"

As much as there were a few opinions dying to burst out of his mind, Landis held back. He was never one to exercise his enthusiasm swiftly, instead choosing an easier way and simply to wait for someone else to answer. He knew it to be part of his lack of confidence when speaking at times, but it was the best he could do. Aside from that, he was also afraid of making a fool out of himself if he said anything stupid, especially with the presence of two people standing quite some distance away, probably observing them as though they were freshly mined gems ready to be refined.

“Excuse me miss, Jonathan McDowell Locke reporting in ma’am.” A teenager looking unbelievably younger than him still came towards the counter and spoke in a clear tone. He seemed to have opted for a tidy look, with his blonde hair trimmed and tidy accompanied with his serious blue eyes. He had pale skin, but-judging from his physique-seemed to be capable of handling tougher exercises adequately. Landis noted amusingly that the newcomer had came to her as if on cue, though.

"Erm...I think I can start first," The voice which hinted at some uncertainty robbed his attention of the newcomer and he turned to look at the owner of that voice. She was pretty by any standards, cutting a svelte figure in her clothing with curves in the right places with her brown eyes comatibly brown with the color of her soft hair. Landis looked for a few moments before he shook out of his reverie. He was here to learn, not here to make a few more female friends than the scant number of unimportant ones he had.

"Well...the first thing I know is this place is...how to say it...'massive' in a maybe strange way," It was true, and probably more so for those who have never seen something so grand before.

"It looks pretty grand, all right. A lot of effort must have went in to build a top-notch academy like this one." Landis agreed openly, unable to hold back somehow.Damn near shocked me. "Do you always have so many enlistees every year? That was a pretty huge crowd here compatible with the size of this place..."

Seeing that the PA call was not for a problem Sieg stood by near the counter where Ms. Matsumoto was.

Some latecomers came in, the last one being a very abrupt, since Sieg was gazing around the area of the counter.

“Excuse me miss, Jonathan McDowell Locke reporting in ma’am.”

"Jonathan Locke... Seems to be QUITE young, even younger than that Asian girl in front.

Sieg resumed his gazing until Ms. Matsumoto fired a question at them.

"While we wait for them, could you tell me your impression of the academy thus far?

While thinking of a retort the Asian girl and another dude asked their questions. Sieg hanged back for a while since the said guy beat him to the question. Perhaps he'll get an idea for another question once he hears Ms. Matsumoto's answers.

"Fine with me Mattie, but lets hope my dad doesn't find out; I don't think I could take another month without my skateboard."  Lune said in reply to Mathias, her face livening up almost instantly now that she was speaking with someone on a first name basis and not having to hide behind titles.  Sure, she understood that rank was needed to keep order within a large scale military, but that didn't mean she had to like it; even if she had used her position as a vice-admiral's daughter a few times to get what she wanted.  So she contradicted herself every now and then, she was only human after all.

"Well thats a cryptic answer if I ever heard one, I wanted to know if any of them were hereto unknown prodigies or something.  I mean, you would be the one to spot them first, wouldn't you Mattie?"  She added, looking somewhat disappointed.  Either none of these new guys were worth her time yet, or Mathias was trying to taunt her by not saying who the best ones were yet; and she didn't like either.

"Guess I'll just have to wait and see for myself then.  Maybe I'll get a chance to break in some of them during the practical exercises."

Dimitri was growing rather impatient. And when that happened, he spaced off and went into his own little pixelated world. Thinking about games, computers, simulations, and all that kind of stuff was far more entertaining than standing around and talking about first impressions. He came for one purpose: to learn. Learn he would, just not if he was stuck here chatting it up with the other students. Call him anti-social or whatever, but today was too important for him to feel like squandering time away on idle chit-chat. The mobile suit training was a major part of his plan to keep himself out of trouble, as odd as it might have seemed. He needed to learn all he could about mobile suit piloting systems, and he knew he could have the possibility of shifting suits a lot, or even ending up in a mobile armor of all things.

So instead of listening to the boring chat about the school's appearance, he began theorizing over combat styles, mobile suits, and weapon loadouts. Why? Well, it was a whole lot better than just listening to other people talk trash or whatever they were doing. He didn't even care enough to figure out what they were all saying. Of course, he'd be easy to surprise in this situation because of his lack of attention, but everyone was too focused on the chat to even notice the young pilot, or rather potential pilot, not even paying attention to his surroundings. All in all, the word "bored" summed it up rather well, even if the word were overused and dull.

“Excuse me miss, Jonathan McDowell Locke reporting in ma’am.” A newcomer stated. Hitomi nodded as she took note of his attendance. Someone decided to reply her question before she could introduce herself to Jonathan.

"Erm...I think I can start first," Sayako stated, her hesitation evident. Hitomi silently commended the girl for her initiative. Despite her seeming shyness, she was at least bold enough - or rather, cared enough - to respond to Hitomi's question. The girl continued, "Well...the first thing I know is this place is...how to say it...'massive' in a maybe strange way."

Hitomi smiled upon hearing that. That's something she hears from new recruits every year. The chamber itself was gigantic. It was specially built that way. It was only a small part of the whole academy compound. Imagine what they would say when they go on the campus tour, she thought to herself.

Before Hitomi could reply, Landis chipped in. "It looks pretty grand, all right. A lot of effort must have went in to build a top-notch academy like this one. Do you always have so many enlistees every year? That was a pretty huge crowd here compatible with the size of this place..."

"This is one of the main halls of the Academy. We hold some ceremonies here, with the trainees and instructors participating the events in their mobile suit. Hence the need for so much space. I hope you would have the chance to experience at least a ceremony before you depart from the Academy," Hitomi explained. "We are the most prestigious piloting academy in the world. This is evident in the number of top pilots trained by us as well as the number of applicants we receive for every school term. The people present today are the successful applicants. Statistics show that only one in three hundred applicants are accepted into the Academy. So you people should feel very privileged to be given a chance here. However, as the academic year progresses, many students will not be able to take the pressure and end up dropping out of the Academy."

Noticing her sudden seriousness, Hitomi smiled, "I hope you would be able to make it through the Academy and graduate as a full-fledged pilot."

Before she could continue, her cell phone rang. She excused herself and answered the call. It was from the administration department. The students she was expecting were to be transferred from the class and replacements would be sent along to fill the class.

Turning her attention back to her class, she announced, "We do not need to wait any longer. I shall be brief with this. We don't have much time. A good day to all of you. I'm Hitomi Matsumoto, your class tutor. Please call me Miss Matsumoto. I'm a proud graduate from this very Academy. It is my first year as a tutor here, so I hope to learn as much from you about teaching as you would learn about piloting from me. Well, as your class tutor, I'm in charge of this very class. The various subjects and lessons will be taught by other tutors. My role here is to ensure that the welfare of each student in our class is met. Should you have any problems or queries, please feel free to look for me."

"You have been assigned to class Alpha One. I hope you will enjoy your time in this class. And, oh, I apologise for having to gather you over the public announcement system. I have an urgent appointment later in the day and I would not be able to meet up with the class at the stipulated time. So I had to push the first class forward. Classes will formally begin tomorrow. You have today free to do whatever you wish to. We will head down to the dormitory where you will place all your belongings in your assigned rooms. Let us proceed."

Hitomi led the way out of the chamber and strode down the corridor towards the elevator lobby. "Please get to know your new classmates. We would need you to pair up with a partner to share the room. And, no, wipe those smirks off your faces, you guys. The girls will be staying in a separate wing from the guys. Tough luck, eh?"

[OOC: It's Sayaka D: .]

Sayaka notices how some of the people were trying to sneak a peek at her. For that to happen is something very bothersome to her, since it was definitely wasn't her conservative attire. If it not that, then it must be something beyond what she wanted to know at the moment. It is probably going to be tough if this group were to be placed in one class, with her being the only girl around. Meaning that she have to do very well for not to be seen as a 'weakling' by the others.

At least for now.

"This is one of the main halls of the Academy. We hold some ceremonies here, with the trainees and instructors participating the events in their mobile suit. Hence the need for so much space. I hope you would have the chance to experience at least a ceremony before you depart from the Academy," Sayaka kept quiet, instead listened to the explanation given by the girl, regarding the space in the main hall they are now currently standing inside. Of course, the part about the trainees and their instructors participating in events inside this very hall with their mobile suits caught her off by surprise, noticing the pristine condition of the whole hall, in a complete package. If this were to be anywhere else, it would have been filled with at least debris and a whole lot of mess from the mobile suit walking around alone.

How in the world they are able to even keep this place nice and clean? She wondered for a moment about what the girl have said, but questioning the laws of logic around this area would serve to hurt her grey matter even more.

Of course, she was worried about the statistics, and she knew that she would have to work very hard if she does not want to fall victim to the ever-growing statistics of this academy, and she also does not want to waste a lot of her time (and the faction's money) here, she got more important matters to attend to after this. She already have a hard time with studies in school, and she know that bucking up is one of the only options she can take.

The front fringe of her hair fell down again, and she slips it back behind her ears, only to see the girl answering a call, before going back to them. The girl who has been talking to them for some time promptly introduced herself as 'Miss Hitomi Matsumoto', who will be the tutor for their class, aptly named 'Alpha One'.

Sounds a lot like those call signs they use in the military...heh. The train of thought moved, as she continued listening to Miss Matsumoto regarding the reason for them to be called over the public announcement system in the halls, before proceeding to the next announcement, that they will be assigned to rooms in the dormitory.

Having a day off for today sounds like good news to some of them, but she have mixed feelings over who she will be paired with in the dormitory room, since Miss Matsumoto made it very clear that the girls is staying in a separate wing, and there are no other girls in this class. This might not be a bad thing after all, but guys are never known to show their interest in the type of girls like herself, which is always a good thing.

Deciding not to think about it, Sayaka looked around the chamber, before taking the steps on the corridor, slowly followed the way to the elevator, waiting for the rest to make their move.

Edited by Guest

"Well, looks like I'm all clear." Kyle leaned on the wall with a sigh. He felt around his pockets for a handkerchief and wiped his forehead. Of course, I have nothing to leave in the dormitory right now. I didn't even bring anything at all! Earlier during the train ride, he had also left his shopping bag in one of the seats in his hurriedness. Despite the helter-skelter, he somehow made it.

It wouldn't be the first time he would mess up something like this. His school record was proof of that. Yet this occasion was substantially different from all others in the way that, he wanted to get this right. With a little stretch, he sprang up and followed the lady down to the dorms. "Hey lady," he said, on the way to the dormitory. "Once we're assigned a room, we can do anything to it, right? Not like I'm planning to do anything destructive, but I want to know what you think about it anyways."

"This is one of the main halls of the Academy. We hold some ceremonies here, with the trainees and instructors participating the events in their mobile suit. Hence the need for so much space. I hope you would have the chance to experience at least a ceremony before you depart from the Academy,"

Well, that explains a lot. Landis mused, admitting to himself that he had had nary a thought about the possibility of having such a enormous hall to house mobile suits, however temporarily. It made enough sense, though, considering that fact that only the most creative (and perhaps impractical) architects would think to design a building meant purely for aesthetical value.

Not to say that it was not a valid reason, of course.

"We are the most prestigious piloting academy in the world. This is evident in the number of top pilots trained by us as well as the number of applicants we receive for every school term. The people present today are the successful applicants. Statistics..."

Hmm....I guess I should be feeling lucky... Truth to be told, Landis was astounded at the fact that he had been surprised by this. Even though he believed that only the 'creme de la creme' could make it out of the Academy by what he deemed the 'orthodox' way. Truth to be told, his inferiority complex had already kicked in long before this. "What if these people around me were better? What if I can't make the cut?" The few questions regarding his own ability swirled about in his mind until they threatened to overwhelm his attention completely. He shook his head slowly, frowned at what he deemed to be his own frail mentality and continued to listen. Apparently the lady before them had introduced herself as a Miss Hitomi Matsumoto and the genuine smile on her face before seemed to tell an exceedingly good story about how appropriate she was for the job as one of their tutors.

Alpha One? the name of their class stole a small lopsided grin from his lips. How quaint...What I wouldn't give to remember my training days. Having free time to do a few things on their own was reasonable. Landis never expected the world's most prestigious academy to be a boot camp or a holiday resort in the first place, and never will, which was contrary to his opinion of what the dormitories would be like. Conflicted between his usual perspective of small, cramped spaces with barely enough space to take five steps without crashing into something and a reasonably spacious room of a boarding school, the obsidian-haired teenager decided to let it remain a mystery till he saw what awaited him.

"Please get to know your new classmates. We would need you to pair up with a partner to share the room. And, no, wipe those smirks off your faces, you guys. The girls will be staying in a separate wing from the guys. Tough luck, eh?"

Landis could not help but chortle quietly. He was beginning to like this lady, though it remained to be seen whether he could like anyone well enough to be able to socialise with them on a permanent basis. Still, jests like these were meant to loosen up students who were still nervous. Even he felt his shoulders relaxing slightly, though he could not help but amusingly thought what how the eight other males and one girl thought of that statement.

"Once we're assigned a room, we can do anything to it, right? Not like I'm planning to do anything destructive, but I want to know what you think about it anyways," Kyle said. Hitomi smiled. "It's fine as long as it's nothing permanent. How would you feel if the previous tenant left an ugly scar on the wall of your dorm? You wouldn't want that would you?"

Stopping at the head of the corridor, she turned to address the students. "The rooms along this corridor have been assigned to Alpha One. Pick a room with your partner. The rooms are numbered in running order from 101 to 105. Inform me of the number of the room once you have decided by e-mailing me."

"There's a computer terminal in each room. You would have to share that unless you brought your own laptop. You can access the Academy's network via the computer. Each of you have been given an account to the school network. The details of which are enclosed along with the documents you received when you registered."

Hitomi checked her tablet PC to ensure that she made all the necessary announcements. "I will take Sayaka to her room. See you in class tomorrow."

She turned and led the girl to the glass elevator shaft. A thought struck her. Sayaka was the only girl in her class. A rose among the thorns? I hope she'll top the class and show the boys what girls are made of, Hitomi thought to herself.

If there is something that Sayaka agrees very well with Miss Hitomi regarding the issue of 'assigned rooms' and 'dormitories', it is that someone, or at least a person or two, would bound to wreak any sort of chaos in their assigned rooms, causing the whole room to look more like a tornado just went through the whole room. That is usually the case of tenants that cannot be bothered to clean up their rooms before they move, and most of the time, the victims will be the ones taking over the room.

Whoever's room I'm taking over better not be a disaster...

After Miss Hitomi gave the notice about the room, she remembered that she will be assigned in another section for the females, possibly living in a room alone. That is something she might be happy about, she was some kind of loner, even in school, until the others get to know her. Maybe because her interest lies elsewhere, maybe because it was something else...anything, she never liked annoying companions, especially those that talk big most of the time. Of course, she was wondering if this is all planned...as if the Academy have records on her, and have wanted to make sure that she can be alone...thinking more would only serve to hurt her head more.

Sayaka does not to create an issue over this, it is better to be quiet at the moment...it might be better for her to be alone, too many things have been going on all over the place. She realized that she better need all the courage she can muster up if she wanted to do well. It might be amusing at first, but a class made up of mostly males would usually spell trouble for the sole female around, especially if the said male does not look very happy about having females around.

She continued listening to the announcements, until the one that said, that Miss Hitomi will lead her to where she is supposed to be.

Adjusting the black blazer she was wearing (wardrobe updated), Sayaka take several small steps, following Miss Hitomi to the glass elevator shaft, something she does not really see all the time. Going into the elevator, she leans herself on one of the glass panes, not realizing that she is wearing a skirt ending about two inches above her knee.

I guess I should ask now...

"Er...Miss Hitomi," Sayaka then looks at the tutor, before opening her mouth, but this time with a stronger tone than previously. "Am I going to stay alone in the assigned room? Would it be alright with the others?" she then asks, with a resolve to know the answer.

"Alpha One... Classes start tomorrow... This will be interesting!"

Sieg thought to himself as Ms. Hitomi herded the class towards the elevators. He scanned the people in his class as they headed towards the rooms lining the corridors they were assigned to. As they were walking one of the asked Ms. Hitomi.

"Once we're assigned a room, we can do anything to it, right? Not like I'm planning to do anything destructive, but I want to know what you think about it anyways,"

After hearing Ms. Hitomi's reply he was ecstatic when he heard that they would be allowed to use computers in the room. Being a Computer Science student before entering the academy at least he would still be able to be abreast with computer science-related news and be able to practice his programming skills even outside classes. Good thing he also brought along his trusty laptop, tucked under his file case he had in his left arm. Seeing that they all had to partner up with someone in  each room Sieg figured that perhaps it wouldn't be that bad to bunk with the guy that just raised the question about the rooms. In reality he was just too lazy at the time to pick someone from the crowd to bunk with. He approached the guy to ask him.

"Hey there! You wouldn't mind if I shared the room with 'ya?", Sieg said in a casual, light-hearted way.

"I'm Siegfred Correa, by the way."