Transformers

Might as well make a topic for you all to talk about it

Go wild people~

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NSntFa91ZaQ

I saw this link a very long time ago and just think that it's good for the topic

Personal critique:

I don't know, I always found humans during a war between mechs sorta useless and this sorta proved itself more along the movie as it went through. It's fine during the series since it teaches you a lesson about accepting things from another planet/race and helping out and etc..blah blah..life lessons..blah..eat vegetables..blah.

I also kinda disliked some of the mech designs for some of them. Compare it to the series and their parts cover up the mechanical cables/things but in the movie they looked a tad more easier to hit in the body.

Edited by Guest

I feel really old, even though its not that old. I remember watching transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, and He-man. All the awesome 80s-90s cartoon shows when I grew up. That was a very nice video, and personally Soundwave is one of my favorites.

Reminds me, I need to go watch the movie this weekend.

Its not much of a spoiler, its just a music video with Soundwave break dancing. Its done in the old school animation and Soundwave isn't in the Transformer Movie. Also, I doubt youtube would allow a portion of the leaked movie onto their page without immediate action.

Design wise I thought they did pretty well on the transformers, as along with the amazing CGI work they did, it was hard to tell if it was computer animation, or if they actually had giant transforming robot cars that could act   Definitely a must see for old TF fans (hey Wilhelm, don't forget SatAM sonic, Original Power Rangers, Megaman, & The Super Mario Brothers show ).

I liked that they actually had the humans being able to stand a chance against the decepticons;  I kind of figured that after the first little bit, that they would just either roll over and let the autobots fight, or be cannon fodder.  I didn't like the most of the fight scenes though, only for the fact that they made the transformers so fast and so large, that most of what you saw was just bits of metal swinging back and forth.

Ten cans of whoopass.

I think they did a great job, perhaps not 100% up to the hype, but it wasn't that cheesy as some friends of mine expected it to be. 

I was afraid that the humans or the Transformers will dominate the movie, but there seems to be a nice balance between the two.  But yeah, a lot of the fight scenes were basically heavy metal bashing, crashing, smashing, and so on.  (Where's Megatron's fusion cannon...? )

And yeah, Soundwave was the man, uncharasmatic as he was.  (Favorite Gen1 Autobot would probably be Wheeljack )

Well I hated the movie completely, not even the action could have saved it for the bad plot/ending that it gave me. =.=;

That little jukebox was amusing to watch, but at some point in the first hacking attempt; it really looked like it was having an orgasm just from downloading the data. Other then that, it was also the strangest.

I would have liked to see Starscream's betrayal on Megatron as he walked towards the Optimus Prime vs Megatron battle, but again it disappointed me on how the armor of the mech's once more didn't cover the insides and thus he died a stupid death by a guy in a motorcycle, true a few missiles would hurt but it was the blast to the innards that really annoyed me.

The Cube/All Spark....the moment I saw that cube the plot died for me. Luckily it changed to All Spark and saved it, but it still was a horrible plot.

Alright, let's have a talk with Characters. Why is there no more hard choices in series? I would have liked to see the main character choose between Megatron and Optimus Prime on who to give the all spark. The whole, Good guys automatically claim everything in the end and Bad guys means running away was sorta idiotic to me. At least let some humans help Megatron.

Megatron Dying; Just No. If he dies than Optimus Prime needs to die. That's the rule between the series.

Mech names; BumbleBee? Ratchet? Jazz?....God, please stick to the original ones please? You're killing my childhood and the names themselves were horrible to begin with. Even Decepticon side had a few people that were odd but at least better named.

Love Interest; I'm glad this movie never showed them kissing until the end, personally that girl is a whore. This is one of those movies that makes you wonder; Whatever happened to the Hot girl/Nerd girl in which both like him but in the end he chooses the nerd? This movie failed in that and the guy chose some woman that probably has been ridden on more than BumbleBee.

The Battles were intense and great, just that there were too many closeups and wrestling between the two sides that I couldn't tell one mech from the other. Also, Optimus prime had killed a few Decepticons which is just morally wrong for him to do anyhow. He used a friggin sword and cut that one decepticons head off; Er, Good guy? I'm not so sure anymore.

Funny scenes; Amusing for the Character. Don't involve the giant mechs in it like the scene where they were hiding around the house and then Bumblebee 'release his fluids' on that one human. Har har, bad jokes. The human was better on his own and doesn't need mechs. And personally I would have punched the main character when they got caught again ' Missed me? ' was just not enough. Bumblebee got his punishment with electroshocks which made me happy.

Yah, huge amount of complaints there. =.=;

Meh, I thought it was amazing... I saw it yesterday so I thought it was beast... The major problem was during the fight scenes, which many of you have pointed out, that it was jumbled up and hard to tell what was going on...

Unfortunately, I thought that, when Optimus prime killed that deceptacon on the highway it seemed to easy. I mean, sure, if it was special metal super heated to the temp. of whatever it was, but then it would melt himself as well. If it was a regular sword/knife than why couldn't rockets or machine guns damage, the scorpion? I mean, seriously, there's a limit to indestructibility. Besides that the rest was good except for the fact that, how could megatron learn the human language if he was in chryostasis? They probably knew it too but just did it anyway...

Also, the bots looks so good that, I first looked extremely hard at the doors of Sam's car, AKA Bumblebee, and it was fuzzy so I thought it was holographic or something then I realized it was just the film itself .>" title="" />

By the way, it was Blackout, not Starscream, who got killed while approaching the Megatron/Optimus fight.  (You see Starscream fly out into the cosmos in the first minute or so of the credits.)

I think just the idea of the movie itself made it obvious that not everyone would be satisfied, regardless of how good or bad it was produced.

Being a transformer fan myself I had a few gripes about the movie but I now realize that this film is not an exact translation of the movie but like spiderman, batman begins and so many adaptations these past few years, this movie is supposed to be a kind of reintroduction of transformers. It is supposed to be different in some ways to the original. Of course the acting and the plot was mediocre but like 300 it was supposed to be a feast for the eyes and not brain food.

Amen on that, NeoG.

Just watched Transformers yesterday... again! For the 2nd time I just can't stop watching! Hehe.. It sure kicks as better than the 1st transformers movie (which was an animation, jeebux...)

Here's to having a sequel! (Seeing that Starscream blasted off into space, perhaps looking for backup...)

hehe...nice one Sieg. But I sure have watched it already for 3 times already  And I still have the movie tickets to prove it.

Transformers had a very big budget...I think it was $500,000,000 production. And they made not only 3D models of the robots, but also life size replicas of it. Well, bumblebee had a robot replica of him, but I don't know the others.

I could also say that every weapon, vehicle, and equipment used in the movie are all authentic weapons. Meaning they're existent. If your unfamiliar with which one of them, I'll be happy to tell it you.

With the on going trend of movies this past years. I could say that having a series is the trend today in movie industry. So for sure this ones gonna take another 3 years of rendering time for those bots

I finished the novel of the movie a few days ago, it had a few more things than the movie had, both were exceptionally well done, and kept me entertained. 

A per the sequel if they do make one. I would wish that Starscream comes back with Soundwave, and possibly...Devastator. All that I want is that they don't rip off the original movie, and do a Unicron scenario. Anyone else pop a smile, about the homage to the original movie? I was pretty psyched when Prime Said it

What I really kind of disliked was that they made Jazz into a gang banger instead of a cool hip cat, that he got his name from. I wish they did it a little better, and I was saddened to see Jazz meet his demised by the High and mighty Megatron. Other than a few other things. I really loved how it ended with an open, and assumed demise of the remains of the defeated Decepticons.

I don't there needs to be that many spoilers in this topic considering it's been 5 days since it's gone global.

I can't see much of a plot for the second one unless they revive Megatron somehow ( This did happen before ) or they make Unicron appear which would be f-ed in a way considering it'd be space battling and no kids would be involved out there.

Starscream isn't the type to get revenge for his 'mighty' leader since he always did want control.

So it'd be amazing to pull off a second movie without the plot having to suck as much.

Personally I still think the plot for this movie was still horrible >_>;

This is a must see for the summer, if you disagree with me you can take it up with Megatron.  It's not the best that I've ever seen but I'd give it a 8.5/10.

Okay so this wasn't a horribly serious movie but so what?  For once Hollywood has made an old classic into a new hit without taking everything too seriously.  I mean the movie poked fun at itself numerous times but it was for the best.  As far as character conflict is concerned I think that having a main character try to figure out whether or not to trust Megatron or Prime is a little out there.  I mean Megatron was always just inexplicably evil; besides, what kind of villain has to stoop to pretending to be good, one who isn't very secure in his ability to threaten and destroy all life in the universe.  And there's always the potential for a sequel, if you stayed to the end of the credits you'd notice that Starcream left Earth's atmosphere.  But for now, let's just sit back and enjoy the magic that is giant, Japanese created robots who can really kick some butt.

I think this movie should get major kudos points for shear badassness (is that a word?).  The effects were cool, there was plenty of funny stuff to keep it moving when action was low.

Optimus Prime's battle with bonecrusher was great, all that frantic clawing style fighting, and Optimus's heat sword.  And Starscreams mid-air battle with the F22's was flippin awesome.  Seeing the Secretary of Defense actually fighting and shooting a shotgun at the little decepticon thing was hilarious.

After i left this movie swore at my Cobalt cus it couldn't do anything cool.

I watched the 'making of' special the other day, and it was surprising just how little they did in CGI (giant robots aside _<" title="" />).  They actually took a section of LA and nearly destroyed it during the filming of the last fight scenes 

As well, in the scene where Scorponok is leaping out of the sand to chase the military guys, they used wire explosives to simulate the effect of him leaping out of the sand.  As it was real military grade explosives they used, those actors really had to RUN! otherwise they'd be calling in replacement actors; so the fear you see on many of the actors faces in this movie is quite real 

personally i found this movie to be one of the best cg movies (in terms of the transformers) to come out of America ever. I have always felt that American tech in movies was always in the shadow of the Japanese, but to me this was America's "breakout" in a way.