Re: A day without your internet

Asahi

Although i have a crap internet plan (200mb dl limit, after which i am capped at 28.8kbs) i do have to admit that it'd be hard for me without the internet (even if im not the most die hard rper on this board ) What i want to ask is, what would a day of yours be like without the internet? Would you actually get exercise? Would you stay at home and play games rather than that? Would you go out with friends more?

Well, i'll start off, It would affect my mornings and nights, as those are the times that i usually have nothing to do (well, at night, i can play games ) and if i had any things to look up out of general interest (for example, a list of Star Wars vehicles) then i wouldnt be able to go to wikipedia and look it up. I wouldnt laugh as much (thank you Newgrounds and YTMND) and i wouldnt know how to roleplay very well!

Edited by Guest

Oh my goodness, a day without internet would be tragic for me.

I study Uni from home, so without internet I wouldn't be able to do assignments and worksheets (at least for that day).

I would be very bored; There would be no way for me to RP between those hours of 10pm and 3am, what am I supposed to do? sleep?

Although without the net, i'd probably get a lot more music practise done.

Days without internet, been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

Since I use a wireless connection mostly, my internet likes to conk out randomly every now and then, forcing me to completely revamp the settings on the wireless router.  When I didn't know how to do that, I would have days on end without internet.  Luckily, I have a busy life as it is, so it didn't kill me as much as I thought.  I read a bit more, did a bit more studying, and found more time to just do all the little things that I usually never have time for (like sleep).

I used to live in a area that got hit a lot with hurricanes....As you can imagine with all the damages around me, the last thing in my mind was OMG got to get online.  After a month then you will start to miss it, but really the internet is a incredible tool, but since at least me I have soo many people around me intead of being in the internet when alone in my aparment, I went out with people and be social and loose neurons by the minute

Hmm a day without the internet would mean:

1. A hot date.

2. Picking up a pen to write random stuff.

3. Picking up a pen to doodle.

4. Picking up a good book. (I have a tendency to reach for David Eddings books, which I have read countless times)

5. Sleep

• 3 months later...

I've gone for days without the internet... It's easy... No not really. Actually the last time I wasn't able to touch a computer was when I was forced to attend this retreat. If I didn't go I won't be able to graduate... Stupid university administrators >:(   

Well it didn't go that bad... I ended up realizing that I had fallen in love with my girl best friend, proposing to her, then destroying a wonderful relationship... :(" title="Angry" />

So now I use the net all the time! So nothing like that would happen again

I've got to say I depend much on my computer. Writing fanfiction, posting your thoughts on forums etc...

I'm quite the anti-social person too, so it gets a little difficult for me (even more so now my xbox 360 has blown a fuse), so I'd just go out with my few friends if possible or just walk around and observe people. Other options include reading whatever manga and books I want to re-read and sleeping.

I would sum it up in 2 words: "I'm dead"

Since I'm a computer science stud, I mean student (hehe... ) having internet access is essential, at least for me. I need it to keep in contact with people for school work, among others.

But when all net things go aloof I have to resort to my high school ways, go to a friend's house (I think travel is the better word), bring a WHOLE LOT of storage media (I used scores of floppy disks, now I use CDs and flash drives) and do whatever I got to do there. Sometimes I also bring my hard drive, but thats now a rarity.

In the off period I still go to friend's houses to hang-out and play console games, go book hunting (I'm still searching for one damned elusive book, since 4TH YEAR HIGH SCHOOL!) or we go out to play billiards or (our latest caveat) go karting! But if I'm stuck at home I catch up on my readings (novels and short stories, with more of the latter).

I could probably survive for a couple of days, but that's it. Without an internet connection, I could probably still write fanfiction / shop some stuff / play games, with the hope that my connection will be restored someday.

Without the computer though, I'd estimate 2 days maximum. I have non-electronic hobbies as well, but it's pretty much a part of my lifestyle now. In the free time created by the lack of computers, I'd probably get a job, join more clubs, hang out more, but I'd still miss it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes a day without you computer can be a drag since i use my computer for most of my homework. So it can be really bad not to have the internet or a computer with it. Thought that has happened to be i just do it hand written and then I just play games on my PS 2 until my computer is fixed thats all.