Underwater mses

lynnks

From the looks of things, being CE 85 and all surely there should have been improvements in the current fleet of MSs of all the factions, as well as in military infrastructure, for that matter. With the EAF having their Forbidden Blues/Deep Forbiddens and ZAFT with their GOOhNs, ASSHs and GINN WASPs we will need underwater MSs if ever we get attacked (you all know we can and will be anyways, hehe...).

Based from the CE71 and CE74 timelines the lack of aquatic defenses is a weak point of ORB which should be rectified with the production of these underwater units.

Since we're on the subject of aquatic forces I think it would be very advantageous for us to also increase the flagship vessels of our navy (ie, Takemikazuchi). Since the maiden ship has already been downed we: 1st) need to replace it and; 2nd) have sister ships of the new flagship so in the case that the flagship be downed we could have one of its sister ships take its place. We could even have submarines, but it'll be a long shot, hehe..

Well that's my point-of-view.

Edited by Guest

I really think we should not only as the issue regarding terrain (hey, our nation is a freakin' series of islands), but 'equality' in terms of MS types.  (Given how both ZAFT and EA has several mass production aquatic models)

Another issue was one that Sieg brought up in that old thread was the lack of submarines in the Orb fleet.  It would be best to have at least some vessels of these types to supplment the main fleet.  This is especially important given the more pro-active stance of the FREE Forces.

(Meh, pretty much what Sieg just mentioned.)

I'm hoping to see that what we wanted are allowed, since Valiant have once said that no one will get a new type of MS, since he made it like 'the pace of technology development is zero for the past 10 years' back then.

I don't know about now though, honestly.

Couldn't we just upgrade our existing mobile suits to do the job rather than build an entirely new one. I mean just for now... Can't we modify the M1 Astray to have an aquatic assault pack? Imagine a deep blue astray with new streamlined armor and a new back unit complete with torpedoes, a water propulsion system, new ballistic weapons ( to improve underwater effectiveness) and sonar. Just one more thing maybe that astray could have the same anchor like devices that the strike noir uses.

I mean it is more cost effective to upgrade and modify existing mobile weaponry rather than to engineer and develop new specialized units. Well... That's just my opinion.

*nods* Rad's design wasn't a fully radical overhaul but more of a significant modification to the Murasame line.  The only issue I see with an Astray + Scalar system is that the Scalar system is technically ZAFT property.  But then again, it wouldn't be the first time that Orb 'acquired' other technology.

Still, it's not a bad idea to put the basis of an Aquatic MS via the Astray frame.  It would give more life to the supposedly phased out model.

Edited by Guest

So we already have 2 proposals for aquatic MSs, Rad's 

MVF-M13A Amemasu and an aquatic MBF-M1 Astray.

From what I see given enough resources the Amemasu would be very very feasible, since its a high-speed aquatic vessel. But if resources would be limited then the modified Astrays would have to make do.

How about ships/submarines?

I think it would be already assumed that the Orb Union rebuilt its navy after the reorganization into the FREE Forces.  So I don't think we need any major changes for the fleet.

As for subs...good question...it's rather amusing to note that ZAFT seem to have invested more into aquatic technology than the earth/land-locked EA.   It's possible that we could have some propulsion technology from some limited number of submarines that could then be scaled down to mobile-suit level, allowing for a technological branchoff for aquatic MSes.

@kct: Lol...no kidding.  It's like "Sir, we detected enemy suits underwater!"  "Well...we're f**ked."