Re: Orb Foundation Week: The Parade

lynnks

[align=center]

Delfina looks out at the Orb officer by the name of Zeru Ayanami. She looks at him for a second, and pauses. She holds up her hand and salutes him. "I'm sorry for this to end this way, please give Plants' condolences for the current situation." She held a stern look about her and walks off after the lead soldier.

A little ways down the hall, Delfina turns to Landis. "It seems that Earth is full of untrustworthy people still. I thought the world was all behind age old ideals such as terrorism..." She shakes her head, and looks up at the rooftop access door. "Are you alright Landis?" Delfina should be the one asked that, she still felt woozy from the anesthesia and medicine the hospital staff gave to her. Her strength was about to give out, but knowing Delfina she wouldn't let this handicap hinder her duties.

[/align]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: I'm finally back...just in time for things to wind down.

Ah well.

IC:

In the past hour or so, Demetrius waited patiently for things to begin.  However, the supervisor announced that the parade would be delayed for a certain amount of time.  Then the comm traffic picked up dramatically, something about the ZAFT representative being hospitalized and other cases of food poisoning. 

He walked over to some of the participants, who were crowded over a small, portable TV.  He switched on the full military band in his communicator while simultaneously watched the broadcast as Deputy Secretary of the Ministry of Health, Mr. N. Flusto made a special announcement, only minutes after the 'news' reached the military's channels.

"Okay, you heard him.  Pack it up and be careful," the supervisor said.  It was quite a surprise that the parade would be postponed, if not altogether cancelled from this unexpected event, but playing it safe was the required response.  Demetrius fished for his moped's keys and nodded at the supervisor once as he left.

He got on and keyed his 'team' frequency.

"I suppose all of you heard the news.  Some of you may have encountered the mentioned situation.  Pack things up and head home if you wish, but keep your comm line opened in case additional orders from HQ arrive.  I'll be heading back to base to check on things.  Amherst out."  After a minute, he zipped out of the parade starting zone and slowly made his way through traffic.

"I'm sorry for this to end this way, please give Plants' condolences for the current situation." Ever the dominant figure demanding respect and attention, Landis never failed to wonder how this woman did it all-Even in what many would consider an embarassing exit and humiliation in some manner. Many men would have failed to hold their own ground in her place.

As they continued striding towards their destination, she turned to him. "It seems that Earth is full of untrustworthy people still. I thought the world was all behind age old ideals such as terrorism...". The statement was followed by a shaking motion of her head. To Landis, though, it came as no surprise as much as he was told that the sun rose from the east.

Too many enemies...

"Are you alright Landis?" He looked up, surprised by the simple query, giving her a small chuckle in return despite himself. "...Sorry about that, Ma'am, but with someone like you who has been through all that actually asking me that...I must really be looking as though dozens of beams have been bouncing around in my head." Despite his increasingly bleary eyes, he grinned, and even that faded as he looked at her with concern regarding her own status. "Speaking of which, Ma'am, I think you should be worrying more about yourself, no offense intended."

She slapped her forehead as she received news of what happened over the radio, and over the televisions over the area. She more than amused that a food poisoning case is happening at this moment, to the extent that festivities have to be cancelled...at least, for now.

"I suppose all of you heard the news.  Some of you may have encountered the mentioned situation.  Pack things up and head home if you wish, but keep your comm line opened in case additional orders from HQ arrive.  I'll be heading back to base to check on things.  Amherst out."

It was at this moment that the Sergeant Amherst called in to the communications channel, informing them of what is need to be done in the current situation. Seeing that traffic has been drastically reduced in view of the postponement, she decided to head back to the Unity Bar, seeing that the car radio is still fixed on the console of the black sports sedan.

Closing the door of the sports sedan, the fiery engine of the car is started. Minutes later, she begins to drive the car away from the current spot, leaving behind a trail of heavy-bass soundtrack, courtesy of the car's exhaust.

[align=center]

Delfina lets out a sigh, and shrugs her shoulders. After stepping outside onto the helipad, she stands gallantly beside the doorway waiting for Landis, and the others. “Thanks for the concern, but it’s my job to put others in front of myself!” Delfina exclaimed trying to overcome the loud noise generated by the helicopter. A large wind blew against Delfina causing her hair to flutter around like feathers. Her purplish locks move in front of her face hiding a slight grin.

“Orb, was quite a thrill ride…” Her eyes look up at the azure sky at the objects floating in the sky. Even in clear daylight, the Plants could be seen from the Earth’s surface. She pauses for a second, and holds her hands up forming a box. Delfina holds it to her eye, and closes it mimicking a camera. [/align]

OCC: It was fun while it lasted, see you Orb citizens later.

Getting into his jeep he said"OK Sieg when your ready just tell me".He went into the glove compartment and got a gameboy and played some of the kids games.Jase then pulled out his Pda to see his monthly schedule "Eh nothing for this or next month" he thought to himself.

(OCC:not sure if it was mine or jm turn to post so i posted if any changes needed tell me.)

((ooc: sorry for my absence I've been  busy with school ))

Blake sighed as he returned to his hotel room and began to pack up his things. After he was almost done he hopped into the shower and washed off. When he had finished he changed into his ZAFT uniform and packed away his civilian clothes. He tied his hair back to make it presentable and left his room. He checked out of the hotel and called a cab to take him to the space port so he could return to the PLANTs and finally return to his normal life.

"Finally I can get out of this place...I don't see why so many Coordinators would live here...It's still controlled by Naturals...I'll never see it..."

With that Blake arrived at the space port, went in and got his ticket. Within a few hours Blake would be returning home to the PLANTs and finally be able to breath without worrying about Naturals being around him at all times.

((OOC2: I know it's short but my mind is fried...I have a test later so I'm bleh))

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while... Writers block...

Jase comes in and throws a question at JM. "I'll be riding with JM in his car as we go and get my car. You could follow us in your jeep and when I get to my car we'll make a convoy to my house. How does that sound?", Siegfred suggested. "...and is your car ready yet JM?" Sieg gives JM a grin as Sieg waited.

"Yup! My car is finally stuff free!!" Pointing at the now visible back seat and floor of the blue sport sedan.

JM then looked at Jase in his jeep playing around with his Game boy and PDA. "Hey Jase!!! Sorry for the delay. I had to clean up the insides of my car."

"Let's go!" Getting in the sport sedan and turning the key. JM then turned on his car's kick-ass sound system and finding out that he hadn't switched CD's before leaving the car... Lacus Clyne's voice started to fill the car's cabin. JM was embarrassed to say the least. No one knew that he listened and was a fan of Lacus Clyne. Then... More humiliation... In his dashboard then appeared a monitor showing Lacus Clyne dancing on a pink Zaku's hand. JM knew that the more... Scantily clad Lacus Clyne was a fake. Fake or not there was no denying that she was hot!

Still red in the face and Clyne still on the radio and on the monitor JM looked at Sieg. "C'mon hop in. It's time to go."

OOC: Sorry, had been busy with real life commitments. XP Got a job and was really busy XP

Sandrilene was about to show herself to the soldiers when Haylie stopped her, saying that she had recieved a message saying that the parade has been cancelled. That means that there was no longer the need for Sandrilene to make her debut sooner than she had planned.

"Ms. Apfelsine, we must leave immediately," Heidi told her and led her another way, away from the crowd. Sandrilene thought of Delfina who was expecting her, and gave a sigh, making a mental note to ask her over for tea and apologise properly.

But whatever way, the little holiday is over, and she have to be back at PLANTs, and she would have to carry out her duties. Not exactly the most pleasant job in the world, Sandrilene thought and gave a sigh, as she got into the car.

Siegfred was standing beside JM's car, leaning on the car's side with his elbow on the roof as he waited for JM to finish cleaning up the mess that the passing Destroy did to the insides of his car. Then JM called him after a while. "Hmmm, so it seems that your car has rear seats. I thought the Destroy that came through here obliterated that on its way out." Siegfred's grin grew wider, knowing that he kept the insides of his car nice and clean, owing to his obsessive-compulsive nature.

Siegfred was still standing beside JM's car when the latter started up the engine and turned the sound system on. A pop-py dance tune started to play, more of a dance remix of a song frequently heard some time back. He peered into the car and saw Lacus Cly... no, Meer Campbell on a concert, where she was standing on top of a ZAKU's hand. "Cute, but a bit cheesy for me." JM then turned to him and told them that they were already going.

"Ok, but on one condition. Could you just please at least change the song on your radio? House or techno would be more appreciated than a scantily clad woman dancing on top of a ZAKU, at least by me.", he told JM. Sieg then turned to Jase in his Jeep. Raising his voice so he can be heard over Jase's earphones Sieg bellowed to Jase, "Hey there Jase, were going to the cafe! You better get your jeep started up. Pull up behind us and we'll make the convoy back to the cafe."

Sieg then slid into the front passenger seat of the blue sport sedan and fastened his seatbelt. "JM, go easy on the throttle would you? We wouldn't want Jase to get that much behind your car. Why don't you creep on the side while Jase maneuvers his jeep onto the pavement, then when we form the convoy we can make our way to the cafe, agree? Lets go!"

"Hey there Jase, were going to the cafe! You better get your jeep started up. Pull up behind us and we'll make the convoy back to the cafe."

"OK Sieg Coming just one second "Said as Jase put down the Game boy. He put the key into the ignition and started up the jeep.Jase put on his seat belt an put the bottle of gingerail in the cup holder revving the engine twice.Jase then tuned the radio to a rock station and slowly pulled out onto the street.

"Okay! Buckle up Sieg! Were going now!" pointing to the three-point racing harness connected to the racing seat.

JM then revved the sports sedan's engines. The uber-turbo's whine filled the cabin despite the sound insulation and the radio. JM then pushed a button in the steering wheel. A loud, fast and addicting Guitar riff filled the cabin. JM then increased the volume of the music. JM looked at the wide and open streets. Everybody seems to have went home or are inside shops still watching at the news coverage of what had transpired. Suddenly it came... A violent, unexplainable urge to drive at speeds some would think are suicidal. JM knew it was dangerous, he knew he had a passenger on board, JM just didn't care. JM remembered when he last took his medicine. It was just less than two hours ago since he last took the medicine to suppress his condition. He thought about taking it again but didn't. He sometimes likes the feeling of his extreme state. The feeling of unexplainable mania, the feeling of adrenalin, the feeling of unsuppressed emotion.

JM turned to Siegfred. JM caught his reflection in the rear- view mirror, the look of his eyes have changed. He didn't care.

"Sieg! You be the navigator!" as JM put on his driving gloves, a sure indicator of the controlled madness to come.

*In JM and Siegfred terms, "You be the navigator!", means to hold on for your life and tell the driver where the heck they are going.

JM gripped the steering wheel adrenalin rushing through his blood. He's ready to go.

"Okay here we go! JM Mendoza in unit Zero- two launching!" stepping on the gas.

550 horse power and 600 nm (newton meter) of torque rushed to all 4 wheels of the sports sedan, introducing their backs and butts to the race seats.  Jase was about 100 meters ahead of them, but just after 3 seconds Jase was trailing them. Fading farther and farther from view.

Edited by Guest

"Ahh so its a race you want JM "Jase said himself as he saw JM and Sieg dash passed him .Jase floored it might be a jeep but these one had been souped  up so it could go fast .Starting to catch up Jase changed the music to those old hillbilly chase music.

"Am coming for you JM"he hadn't raced since his high school days."Darn his is a sports car got to do some fancy driving"said as he went in one lane and into the other with out doing his turn signal's.Jase could hear the people honking at him "Ehh honk and me I see "Said as he saw that he had almost caught up.

JM saw that Jase was starting to catch up with his Jeep.

"Hehehe! Want to race Jase?Then let's race!!!" Stomping on the gas pedal.

Unfortunately for Jase and his modified Jeep JM's car was still in second when he passed Jase earlier.

"4 more gears till top gear... Hehehe!!!!" JM then shifted to third and sure enough was accelerating at a ridiculously fast pace. JM looked at his speedometer and saw that he was going over a hundred and twenty miles per hour.

"Your Jeep might be modified but it's still as aerodynamic as a brick with a parachute behind it!" the manic JM shouting as if Jase could hear him.

Further accelerator mashing and perfect shifting saw JM and Siegfred at over 150 mph.

"What now Jase?" shouting inside the car's cabin

As the black sedan turned into the other street, the sight of 2 cars passing by at high speeds is certainly a surprise to her.

"Those morons...don't they realize that they're endangering the lives of others?" the girl then grits her teeth, seeing what is happening. "And on a day like this?"

She then decided. It's been a while since this black sports sedan sees action on the streets, or rather, the lack of action on the streets. There is now a sports sedan and a 4x4 racing against each other, and there must be someone to stop them. She constantly questions her ideas, but the temptation to race after this long is something she could not miss.

"That's it," she said, as she then goes a gear down on the car, and sets the boost controller to the maximum output possible. The inline-six engine begin firing all the 500 horsepower available, sending the rear wheels screaming at the mercy of the drivetrain's brutal power transfer. She has set the car so that whenever it goes anything beyond 450 horses, power delivery is nothing short of brutal. Unlike the cars that were racing against each other (one is a offshoot of a 4WD sports sedan, and the other was a jeep), her car was designed as a lesser sibling of a certain super-coupe that was designed to out-gun the others, so she can trust the car. If the drivers before her did well, why she can't?

As the car then struggles to eventually gain traction of the rear wheels, the sedan begin thrusting itself forward towards the other cars. The bodykit of the car at least manages to hold the car down to the floor, but she is not a believer in excessiveness.

"Whoever are you people, you're finished," she then muttered, going a gear up and getting nearer to the other cars, as the exhaust practically screamed. She was thrown back onto the seats, as the car begins to propel itself towards the others.

Edited by Guest

As Jase pulled onto the street JM quickly gave chase. Sieg started to relax when he sensed something different from JM. He looked at JM as Jm said, "Sieg! You be the navigator!" "Oh crap, don't tell me he forgot his medicine..." Sieg told himself.

Then the inevitable happened. Before he could react they were now hurtling down the road. "Hey JM, I know we're both speed freaks but this is taking it too far! Shouldn't we slow down a bit?, Sieg told JM, but to no avail.He still had the manic expression in his face as he shifted gears. As they approached 150mph as indicated on the tachometer when Sieg peeked he started to shout at JM, "Hey this is dangerous! Although I don't challenge your driving skill I think we aren't at the 'ORB-tobahn' section of the highway yet! We'll be breaking laws, and you know that even though we are soldiers we wouldn't be excused! Just think what HQ will do to us! Slow down will you!"

Sieg watched for a reaction from JM. Hopefully that set of yelling would bring back JM's senses. "I better contact Jase if JM keeps this up, so Jase could stop provoking JM's rampage.", Sieg thought as the lines on the road raced faster and faster, almost blurring into a straight white line on the road.

As soon as Demetrius made it back to base, he quickly headed to his room and then changed into his uniform.  Then he made his way across the base amidst the sounds of loud engine whines, marching footsteps, and the blaring speaker making incoherent announcements.  After verifying his identify with the MPs on duty, he made his way in and up to the control tower.  The very top was lined with a circular arrangement of a variety of consoles with military personnel hunched over with their eyes glued to the screen and their ears enveloped by their large headphones.

Demetrius saluted to the officer on duty and nodded as he made his way to one of the main radar consoles.  He carefully tapped the Private's shoulder and waited until the Private took his headphones off before asking, "At ease, Private.  I'm just curious as to our current situation.  How many boys we got in the air?"

"Uh, we got a squadron's worth flying CAP around the main city immediately after the incident while we got several other flights around the base and two more near the Spaceport; we also have another two flights on standby, sir," he immediately replied.

"Understood.  Thank you, Private," Demetrius said as he saluted.  He then turned and folded his arms as he calmly looked out the window at the bustling activity around the base.

JM  was still flooring it and now a another car was coming up behind him."Great now i got to sport cars to race am just out matched hope he slows down"Said as he started to lighten of the gas.

He started to wonder about the other car so he radioed Sieg"Sieg we got company another sedan is behind me and tell him to lighten off the gas"as he continued to drive.

As Sieg's worry continued to increase his radio started to crackle again. It was Jase telling them that they were being tailed by another sports car, presumably its an undercover police cruiser or something because Jase is telling them to slow down.

"JM you NEED to slow down for now, a covert cruiser is tailing us. We wouldn't want to get entangled with a mess with the police right now, aren't we?" Sieg then looked at the mirrors to check on the car chasing them. Jase was falling back already, and a black sedan, looking very much like his came into view. He remembered something about it, like he's seen it before. It was the car parked behind him at the Unity bar! "Could it be one of ours?... Yes it is! Jeebus! We need to slow down NOW!", Sieg told himself.

Sieg turns his attention to JM again, "JM the black sedan tailing us is one from the bar! I was parked in front of it jut this morning, so I assume its a fellow soldier, perhaps part of the security detail as well. Now re REALLY need to slow down this time, before anything starts to erupt." He then radioed back to Jase, "Keep slowing down Jase, we wouldn't want to provoke JM again. Could you get an ID on that black sedan behind us? I have a feeling I saw that car earlier today, AND I think its a soldier tailing us!"

"Keep slowing down Jase, we wouldn't want to provoke JM again. Could you get an ID on that black sedan behind us? I have a feeling I saw that car earlier today, AND I think its a soldier tailing us!"

Jase heard Sieg and went just fast enough to be right behind the other sedan.Trying to get a look at the licence plate saw it was a military vehicle.

"A soldier's sedan hum maybe it that other woman what was her name um "Jase thought then all of a sudden remembered.Tuning it to the main channel (the one everyone can hear)"Sergeant Sayaka Nakano is that you ahead of us in that sedan "Said Jase.

Crap, they found me out.

That was the expression she gave when she overheard her name on the radio channel, opened by the person driving the jeep. Being known is something, and hearing that someone on the verge of getting provoked by the sight of a female chasing, or rather, racing against them is the last thing she had on her mind.

Looking at the traffic, she quickly tries to come up with alternatives as they passes the blurring signboards. To make a long story short, she is coming up with a Plan B.

Seeing an exit coming up, she knew that this is her chance to escape.

This is it, I'm getting out of here. She said, as the black sedan slows down behind traffic, enough to avoid the sight of the racing cars. Quickly, she makes a turn to the exit, leaving the scene, as she flollows the exit out of the roads they are on.

[OOC: Time to run.]

• 2 weeks later...

Siegfred was nervously keeping watch on both the black sedan tailing them and on JM's driving. His sight quickly darts to and from JM and the rear-view mirror. At first the black sedan was making mince-meat of the traffic behind them then he saw it backing away and disappearing behind the traffic.

"Jase, did you see where did that black sedan go?", Siegfred asked as he tapped the radio again.

Sieg focused on the berserk driver beside him. He was still going full-bore through the roads. Although he was accustomed to high speed he wasn't that comfortable riding that fast on surface streets, let alone having a lead-footed driver with a slight disorder on the wheel.

"JM, for the love of all things good would you please slow down? If you don't then I'll have to force you to slow down, for the safety of the two of us and the other people on the road. Snap out of it and get back to your senses would you!". Siegfred was already screaming at the top of his voice, half desperate and half furious at the hapless condition he had riding shotgun in as a blue streak whizzed by the roads of ORB.

OOC: NeoG, it would be nice if you could reply already, hehe...

• 2 weeks later...

"Jase, did you see where did that black sedan go?"

"Yes she just got of one of the exits back there shes gone by now"said Jase as he started to worry about Sieg and JM.

Seeing the JM wasn't slowing down and that he was starting to fall behind he radioed Sieg again"Hey Sieg am starting to fall back because am not wanting a race but soon ill lose sight of you guys if you could try getting him to slow down".

(OOC:Um Evo I went ahead and posted but have you heard anything from him.)

((OOC:Sorry Jase! I forgot that I was supposed to post here. I know it's lame but it's true. Again sorry to make you wait.))

An annoying voice came rushing through JM's brain, like a dam just broke inside JM's head and all that was happening outside just rushed in his brain in a torrent of information

"What the!?!" snapping back to reality, disoriented

Looking straight JM was disoriented by the speed his car was in. A quick peek at the speedometer revealed that indeed they were going very, very fast. Almost 170 mph. Looking at his hands that were gripping the steering wheel, they felt like they were not his but of some other person.

"What the heck was I doing?" JM then realized the peril he put his friend in. Putting the car at neutral then removing his right foot from the accelerator to gradually slow down the car. Lightly tapping the brakes JM slowed down his car to about 70 mph. JM then signaled and maneuvered his car to the shoulder of the highway. JM parked the car and switched on the car's hazard lights

"God... I am so sorry Siegfred..." facing his friend

JM can't think of anything more to say... He just put them in some serious peril. His condition was not to blame because JM had the chance to take his medicine. Scratching his head JM opened his car's trunk then went out. He searched for his duffel bag, which contains his medicines. JM took some out and popped it in his mouth. The medicine was bitter. JM searched in his bag for a bottle of water. He found it and drank some. JM got back in the car... A deafening silence filled the car's cabin... 

Finally, perhaps after all the screaming and wailing he did inside the car JM came back to his senses. From the horrifying speeds they were doing the car slowly went to park on the shoulder by the road.

"God... I am so sorry Siegfred..."

JM suddenly went out and took something from the trunk. Sieg was just relieved that JM's back to normal. He checked the mirrors to look for Jase as he waited for JM to get back in the car. As JM came back in to cool down after the horrifying run Sieg asked;

"Are you ok now JM? There seems to be a lapse in your medicine, I suppose..."

Spotting a quaint little food stand by the side of the road he asked JM to go relax a bit outside.

"Why don't we sit outside, near that stall and maybe grab something to eat while we wait for the medicine to fully set in? We'll wait for Jase here as well."

Sieg radioed Jase, "Jase, this is Sieg. We're now parked by the road's shoulder. Come look for us, we'll be resting here for a while, do you copy Jase?"

Sieg turned back to JM, "Let's get going, shall we? I'm really feeling hungry now, after that little fun run we had back there."

He clambered out of the sport sedan, relishing the fresh air. Though well acquainted with fast speeds he was scared for the safety of the civilians they passed on the road. Sieg's just relieved that that was finally over. Reaching into his shoulder bag Sieg put on his shades and stood beside the car, his back being supported by the car's side as they waited for Jase to arrive.