Re: Orb Foundation Week: The Parade

lynnks

“That’s right it’s Jonathan Locke, and you’d do well to remember that name when you get back to the Alliance.”

Linite raised an eyebrow as Locke talked to her as if he was her superior, but shrugged it off. They were now only a few meters from the door to the café.

“Well with luck we’ll see each other again on the battlefield. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for any ship under your command, I get the impression that you’ll make a fine captain.” Catching himself before jumping into a salute he sheepishly offered his hand for a firm handshake instead.  “Ensign Linite Estral, it was a pleasure meeting your acquaintance.”

Linite’s eyes narrowed slightly.

The battlefield…let’s hope that there isn’t any reason for us to meet there any time soon…” She thought, as she stopped walking and turned to Locke. With a nod, she gratefully placed her hand in his and shook it.

It was a pleasure to meet you too, crewman Jonathan McDowell Locke.” She lowered her voice. “I’ll put you on my request list if I ever get my own crew.” She said with a wink.

I’ll be heading back to the Atlantic Federation soon, so I might meet up with you there, but I’ve got a bunch of work waiting for me when I get back, so don’t count on anything, alright?” she sighed as she thought of the early mornings she would have to endure when she returned to headquarters. Focusing her mind back on Locke, she gave him a slight salute, so she could avoid being noticed by any by-passers.

Linite turned back towards the café and walked a couple meters until she was on the doorstep. Then one last thought came into her mind and she called back to Locke who was still standing there.

Hey, if you ever need an emergency sister, call me up.” She said with a smirk as she disappeared inside the café.

Instead of that Takashi made eye contact with her, making sure that he held the gaze until she knew he saw her.

Linite looked around the busy café, only to have her eyes met by the kind young Orb soldier who had lent her his coat, who was looking right at her, as if expecting her at that exact moment. She approached him with a warm smile, but felt almost awkward under his firm gaze. She held out the coat, which was draped casually over her arm, and felt a touch of redness cover her cheeks.

Here you are, sir; and thanks again.” She suddenly remembered what she had forgotten to ask him earlier.

Oh, and I don’t believe I caught your name, sir.” She said quietly as she waited for his responses.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takashi smiled, almost sheepishly as she spoke to him.  Taking his coat back he draped it over his left arm.

"My name is Takashi Kitsune," extending his hand out to shake Linite's hand "please don't call me "sir."  As far as rank is concerned I'm still rather low on the ladder."  Kitsune studied her for a moment, noting the redness in her cheeks, for someone her age she seemed a bit shy.

"If you don't mind me asking Linite, what brings you to Orb?"

Edited by Guest

"My name is Takashi Kitsune." extending his hand out to shake Linite's hand "please don't call me ‘sir.’  As far as rank is concerned I'm still rather low on the ladder."

Takashi Kitsune” Linite repeated as she took his hand. The redness in her cheeks began to fade as she realized that she must appear to be rather shy to him, which she usually wasn’t.

Well you seem like the type who follows orders well and is reliable, so perhaps you’ll get promoted sometime soon.” Linite tried to sound as if she had no knowledge of military procedures, so she could hide her identity as an ensign in the EA.

Linite supposed it would be wise to arrange her transportation to get back to Washington. In the back of her mind she suddenly made plans to depart later that evening.

I apologize for any trouble I may have caused you, but I’d best get going, if you don’t mind.” she said with another gentle smile. “By the way, I  came here to watch the parade, that's all. However, It was very nice to meet you, Takashi, and thanks again”. Linite shook Takashi’s hand once more and turned towards the door. She hoped she hadn't offended him for leaving so abruptly, but she had to be on her way.

What a day” she thought as she crossed the busy headed down the street towards her hotel. She looked towards the west sky, in which the sun had just barely begun to set as she crossed the street, sighing as she thought of the work load that awaited her.

((OOC: BTW just did a bit of editing on the fourth bit))

Edited by Guest

Takashi was a bit taken back by how quickly the young woman left.  He supposed that she must have somewhere to go and there didn't seem to be any point in stopping her, but he couldn't help but to listen to the voice that popped in the back of his mind.  His time spent as a reporter told him that this woman was worth following, or at the very least worth keeping up with.

Quickly he slipped out of the cafe and dashed across the street looking for Linite.  He caught sight of her heading out and away from the cafe and though he tried Takashi couldn't push through the crowds who were returning from the parade.

Sighing Takashi paused for a moment and realized that given the way she presented herself and the way she spoke there were few places she could be staying.  Taking a wild guess he pulled out his cellphone and called The Sennett Hotel.

An operator answered, "This is The Sennett Hotel, how may I help you."

For a second Takashi was silent and then he responded, "This is Leading Private Kitsune of the FREE forces; I'm looking for a friend who might be staying there, her name is Linite Estral."  The operator was silent for a moment and then responded,

"Yes she is staying here."  Takashi smiled for a short moment and then spoke again saying, "Please connect me to her room phone."

The operator, who was probably tired of dealing with him by then switched the line and he was immediately connected to the Linite's room phone.  After a few second the phone ceased to ring and the answering machine picked up; the answering machine gave him a beep and he began.

"Hello Linite, this is Takashi Kitsune, we met earlier today at the cafe.  I'm afraid that this is rather intrusive of me but something told me that I should at least follow up with you."  Takashi took a quick breath, trying to not allow the act to be picked up by his cell phone's sensitive speaker.  "I hope that I didn't offend you earlier today in any way by trying to help.  I just wanted to say that if you are ever in Orb and have nothing to do... feel free to get in touch with me.  At the very least I might be able to offer you a local's perspective on the islands.  By any means I wish you safe travels and the best wishes, hopefully we'll meet again in the future."  Quickly Kitsune left his cell phone number and hung up.

It might never amount to anything but he couldn't have just let this go.  Turning up his ear piece Takashi spoke into the small microphone that was hidden in his collar.

"This is Leading Private Kitsune, awaiting further orders and direction.  To this point I have had a great deal of trouble making any significant contact with the ZAFT security teams.  I am currently outside of the Sunshine Cafe and am awaiting further orders."  Looking at his watch Takashi wondered just how much longer this day would last.

Locke quietly watched Takashi use his phone; Locke was lucky enough not to be noticed by the Orb soldier (or at least as far as Locke could tell). He had been keeping an eye on things because he felt a certain responsibility at this point in the game.  He couldn’t help but feel like the soldier knew too much, not that it mattered it simply irked Jonathan.

Shrugging he walked back to his hotel to pick up his bag, he was going to head back to the airport to get going. As he walked down the street he considered his next move, something inside of him told him that they still weren’t going to be ready for him to assume real duty. Given his circumstances he could basically go anywhere he wanted to, part of him was growing curious what it was like in outer space. He knew he was playing a dangerous game of curiosity though; perhaps it would be safer just to return to mainland and await orders. "At this point any kind of orders would be nice..."

[align=center]Delfina steps out of the washroom, and stumbles a bit. She was far beyond being sick. Her head was throbbing and her vision was starting to blur. It was obvious that the jet lag, mixed with the strange tasting coffee drink made her body upset. Her hair was messy, but still kept its regal appearance. Delfina had tucked her hat under her arm, and continues to walk to the doorway. She stumbles for a bit, and looks around the room. Hopefully, she could find a member of her security detail or a nearby Orb soldier.

Delfina forgot about the parade and the meeting with the Orb princess. All she wanted to do was rest at the hotel. She shakes her head, knowing that Senator Ashellia Ferrinas the woman she was representing would become easily upset over the matter. Pain rushed all over her body, and her body heat was slowly rising.

She exhales slowly, and undoes her jacket’s collar. Everything on her suit was starting to feel tighter and uncomfortable. “Do you need anything, Commander?” A waiter looks over with a concerned expression over his face. Trying to hide her symptoms, she quickly shakes her head, and walks toward the door. Delfina pushes the door open, and steps outside onto the sidewalk. People were flooding the streets in preparation for the main event. The pain in starts to pound more, and her vision started to spin. Delfina squints and tries to looks for the limousine outside the Sunshine Café. In distress, she looks around to try and spot an Orb soldier. Delfina looks left to right, and her vision starts to fade into darkness. She shuts her eyes completely and falls forward in an unconscious state.[/align]

His attention was caught by the sickly high ranking ZAFT officer, as she stumbled and struggled, trying to ignore any help from the civilian waiter. He finished up the rest of his coffee as she went to the washroom, intent on following her to make sure she was safe. It was part of his duty afterall. He checked if he had everything; His cellphone, his pistols and of course, his wallet. He then sat back on his chair, his eyes scanning the area, although his focus was on the Restroom doors.

It was a while before she came out, looking even worse than before. Her face had an unnatural pale tinge to it, and her hair was amazingly messy. Something you would expect from a woman who had just had a hangover, but this was unnatural. There wasn't any shop that sold liquour anywhere near here. As she wearily went ahead to the exit, he stood up, pushed his chair in, and followed suit, as he had already paid the waiter in advance.

The next thing he saw as he walked out of the door was the collapsing figure of a woman in uniform, the same woman he had intended to follow. He ran forward, running into a few people in the way, as he caught her before she reached the floor. He removed his shoal, and rolled it into a small pillow-like object, and placed it under her head, before he rested it, and quickly changed the comm channel to announce to both ZAFT and Orb security forces alike.

"I have an unconcious ZAFT Commander outside the Cafe! I need medical assistance with this!"

He took her pulse, laying 2 fingers on her neck. It was there, but it was weak, and it almost felt as if it was fading away.

Kitsune had just flicked off the mouthpiece to his radio and looked back at the little cafe when he saw the woman collapse.  Immediately warning bells went off in  his head and he began sprinting to cross the street, nearly getting hit by a few cars as he did.  Even at such a quick pace by the time Kitsune had made it to the other side of the street a crowd had formed around the woman.

Pushing through the crowd Takashi quickly knelt next to the woman and the young man who attended her.  Ignoring the other people around him Kitsune looked to the young man.

"You're coming with me, she needs to get to the hospital immediately."  Takashi pointed at the black marked military car which was fortunately nearby.  "Help me get her to my car and you can explain things on the way."  Not waiting for a response Takashi got on the radio, this time using his country's distress channel.

"This is Leading Private Kitsune of the FREE Forces, my current location is the Sunshine Cafe.  To any forces in the area I request immediate assistance.  Please clear traffic off the roads in the direction of Kusanagi Military Hospital.  I have a patient in transport who needs immediate medical attention."  Shutting off the speaker Kitsune thought that what he said should be enough, there was no need to say who it was and create even more of a problem then the one that was already on his hands.

"Wha-" To have the Commander actually ignore him was somewhat of an insult to him, but eventually he realised why. The greenish tinge on her face and the way she stumbled about like a blind man told him something was very wrong. He had no idea why but will most certainly find out once he reached her...

..Which was something he could not do in time to prevent her from collapsing. Instead, an unknown man and Private Kitsune reached Delfina Schneider first, taking measures to minimise any discomfort that might have been caused to her. Landis next saw Kitsune reaching for a mouthpiece but ignored the message that came next, since the two of them already knew what was going on.

"Come on, von Crailshelm. This looks bad, and it definitely won't look good on our records if NONE of the ZAFT soldiers are with her, whether they like it or not."

Technically, they don't have to like it, but the Commander's safety is our top priority now anyway.

"Private!" He exclaimed as he reached the two of them. "What's happened to the commander?"

Kitsune did his best to not scowl as he looked up at the ZAFT soldier.

"I don't know, my best guess at this point is food poisoning."  He paused for a moment as he considered his options then said, "Come on.  Leave your things here and help us get her to my car so we can take her to the hospital."

"Someone is going to get a little plus on his records..."

His thoughts whispered to him. He hid a small grin, as he, together with the Private, carefully lifted the ZAFT commander off the ground, taking much care to not let her head abruptly move in any direction. He had left his shoal behind, but it didn't matter much, he had alot more of those in his wardrobe. He shrugged his morbid thoughts away for now. He had much more important matters to take care of for now.

They carefully placed her in the rear seat of the car, as he helped to put the seatbelt on. He then headed for the car's front seat, next to the driver's, opened the door, and sat down.

His mind was running with thoughts, about if he should break his cover, about what he could do afterwards...

He sighed, as he sat, and looked back at the commander, more worried about her than himself.

Linite entered her hotel room and threw her keys and handbag onto a small table that was beside the door. She didn’t even bother to turn the lights on or open the curtains. Linite walked over to her bed and plunked down on it, staring at the dark ceiling, when suddenly she became aware of the red new message light flashing on the phone on the bedside table. The turned over onto her side, and reached over to press the button that would play the message.

"Hello Linite, this is Takashi Kitsune, we met earlier today at the cafe.  I'm afraid that this is rather intrusive of me but something told me that I should at least follow up with you."  Takashi took a quick breath, trying to not allow the act to be picked up by his cell phone's sensitive speaker.  "I hope that I didn't offend you earlier today in any way by trying to help.  I just wanted to say that if you are ever in Orb and have nothing to do... feel free to get in touch with me.  At the very least I might be able to offer you a local's perspective on the islands.  By any means I wish you safe travels and the best wishes, hopefully we'll meet again in the future."

Linite smiled as she heard the message. She was a bit surprised that Takashi had made the effort to get connected to her room phone and wish her well, though he barely knew her. She felt bad for leaving so abruptly, but she had to get back and arrange transportation for that evening. She was very thankful to him, though and felt as if she should do something in return, but she doubted her chances of seeing him again in the near future.

Sitting up on the edge of her bed Linite reached for the phone, picked it up and dialled the number that would connect her with the Atlantic Federation’s military transportation office.

Yes, this is Ensign Linite Estral. I’d like to arrange for a plane back to Washington.” She waited as the operator replied. “Yes, on leave, in Kusanagi. That’d be great, thank you.” She said as she hung the phone up. Simple enough, her flight would arrive in four hours. She looked at the clock, which said that the current time was 5:00 pm.

At nine, then…” Linite whispered to herself as she lay back down. She made plans in her head to be at the airport by 8:45. She then set the alarm on the clock, just in case, and closed her eyes for a nap.

"I don't know, my best guess at this point is food poisoning." 

Geez...I know I have no power to judge anyone outside of our army organisation, but this is ridiculous. No grown woman would faint from something as mild as food poisoning, especially if the Cafe is as well-reputed as we've heard.

Still, the Private was probably no doctor. Though he had suspected that whatever had brought down the Commander was more than food poisoning, those theories can be ironed out later.

"Come on.  Leave your things here and help us get her to my car so we can take her to the hospital."

Landis nodded grimly. "That has to be the best suggestion I've heard, Private." Following the other man who had carefully placed his Commander gently on a rear seat like a delicate piece of porcelain. Motioning to von Crailshelm (though he suspected he needed nothing like that), he went in first and supported the Commander in case the ride got a little too bumpy (which he also suspected would happen soon, considering the enormity of the matter). With little hesitation, he looked at the Private.

"Let's go."

{OOC: I don't usually do OOCs but...It feels as though we've left out a whole load of people.}

OOC: Yup you sure did leave out a lot of people

"How's it going, its been quite a while since we met back in Singapore. What have you been busy with since then?.. And where did you get that cool blue sports sedan parked out front!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You mean that blue car over there?" pointing at the blue sports sedan outside. "That was a graduation gift from my dad. He actually wanted to give me a sports car but I said that a sports sedan would be more practical... Just kidding!"

JM and Siegfred then started to remember their hairbrained adventures in Singapore.

"Hey remember when we rode the luge in that theme park?" Siegfred nodding

"We went down that hill so fast the wheels on the luge just gave." Siegfred then suddenly held his right shoulder remembering the injury he sustained.

" Yeah we got rushed to the emergency room you got a dislocated shoulder I got real bad road rash."

JM then remembered a promise he said to Siegfred. "Hey did you remember what I said before in Singapore? I said I was going to join the FREE forces... Guess what? I'm a leading private now! I just got my induction this morning!"

Sieg was surprised upon hearing JM. "You're really in the FREE Forces now? Thats great! I'm a Sergeant in the FREE Forces. By the way, Jase and I am in civillian patrol in today's parade, wanna come join us?", Siegfred asked JM.

"By the way, we better get going once Jase comes back. I'm sure our team leader would be waiting for us. I'll radio him in a while that we met another FREE Forces soldier and I'll ask you to help us out in the patrol. I'll radio Jase to come back so we could go out now, if that's ok with you."

While waiting for JM's response Sieg finished his frapuccino and layed back on his seat. When he finished his coffee he tapped his earpiece to radio Jase.

"Trusdale, this is Correa. If you could please return to our table so we could get out now. Thanks."

"Dang it! You're a Sergeant!?! Oh man... I mean... Oh Sir!" Grinning at Siegfred

"Sure I'd love to join you in the patrol. Since I didn't get any orders from HQ seeing as I just got my rank this morning."

Suddenly from the corner of his eyes JM saw a commotion brewing outside of the Cafe.

"Hey! Whussgoinon!?!?" standing to get a better view of what's happening outside.

JM saw that cute ZAFT officer on the sidewalk, most probably collapsed. After only a few moments a group of people, probably her escorts, swiftly but gently put her in a car.

While the ruckus outside ensues he turned to Siegfred.

"Better report this to your superior. By the look of that chick's uniform she must be a high ranking ZAFT officer." whispering to Siegfred

Edited by Guest

"Hey! Whussgoinon!?!?"

"Huh?" Seeing JM stand up Sieg stood as well, looking over his shoulder to what was JM looking at. There was what looked like the female ZAFT officer in front of the cafe. She was slumped on the ground, perhaps she was not feeling that good. His thoughts were broken by a message in the radio, an ORB soldier was on.

"I have an unconcious ZAFT Commander outside the Cafe! I need medical assistance with this!"

JM then whispered to him as he was listening to the radio, "Better report this to your superior. By the look of that chick's uniform she must be a high ranking ZAFT officer."

"Jeebus its her! The ZAFT Commander is down! What the heck happened? We better go out there JM, come with me."

Siegfred bolted out from the place where was standing and went hurriedly to the front of the cafe. The people inside the cafe stared at him, surprised by his sudden movement. Looking back he checked to see if JM followed him.

"Come on JM, we better check what happened to the lady out front, hurry!", Siegfred then turned back and headed for the door."

Edited by Guest

"Come on JM, we better check what happened to the lady out front, hurry!"

After Sieg came through the front doors JM pushed his arm in front of him, so he can push the door out of his way after Siegfred passed through. They came out just in time to see the limousine speeding off with the ZAFT officer inside, accompanied with her escorts.

"Sieg, this is bad. What could've happened to that ZAFT chick? What do you hear on the comlink?", JM waited for Sieg to reply.

Edited by Guest

Kitsune slid into the driver's seat and in a moment they were off.  Normally driving through Kusangi was a bit of a hassel but after calling ahead the roadways were clear and Kitsune made good time to Kusanagi military hospital.

As he pulled up to the ER a trauma team was already on standby and they quickly got the young woman out of the car and onto a stretcher.  As he followed Kitsune answered as many of the doctor's questions as he could relating to the man everything that he'd seen thus far.

After a moment Kitsune turned and pointed at the young man who'd accompanied him on the drive,

"To be honest doctor he was on the scene before I was so he could probably tell you more."  As the doctor turned to the young man Kitsune pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number.

"Hello, is this the ZAFT embassy?"  Kitsune paused as he got a confirmation, "This is Leading Private Kitsune from the Orb FREE Forces, one of your soldier's passed out and I've taken her to Orb Military Hospital."

Sitting at the airport Locke had a bored expression on his face. He was already past the gate and sat with his green military bag next to his feet and his hands calmly behind his head, his eyes darted around studying the strangers passing by. He had decided on heading back to the Atlantic Federation for the moment, after all there wasn’t anything better to do.

Locke didn’t care where he was sent to he simply asked for the first flight out of the country and back into friendly territory, that flight just happened to be back to Washington DC. He had a mindless look on him, he was out of it, something about the day had drained him completely. Perhaps it was the complete freedom he was able to have all to himself. Smirking he wondered if that was what it was going to be like from now on. He casually checked the monitor with the flight information and notice his arriving within the hour. "I can't wait to get out of this country..."

Ethan watched as the limousine sped away, and waited for a page regarding the Commander's condition.

A sudden beep several minutes later alerted him to the message, and picking it up, it read "COMMANDER IN ORB MILITARY HOSPITAL."

Well, this party ain't goin' nowhere without the Commander, so...

Ethan hailed a nearby taxi, and gave the ORB Hospital as the destination.

Sitting back in the seat, Ethan looked outside at the decorations whizzing by, and yearned for the great time of celebration that he'd been hoping for, and that the banners and posters littered everywhere suggested; it's a little more interesting this way, but the thought of going back to prison should the Commander die, chilled Ethan to the bone.

Not like it was my fault though...

"Here we are, Sir, that'll be Ten Dollars Fifty." grunted the driver, swinging his arm out behind the chair to receive the payment.

Ethan scooped the money out of his wallet, and jumped out of the taxi, slamming the door behind him, and dropped into a sprint towards the hospital entrance.

Opening the door, Ethan's eyes darted around the room, looking around for any ZAFT soldiers.

The Sunshine Café… For some reason it seemed as if a huge conspiracy was beginning to take place around this place. It seemed as if the café would become an important landmark when scholars in the future would look back and claim that this was when third war had started. Claim that it was started because of this conspiracy. If that was the case then was Jayden supposed to be honored to be sitting in this café currently during these events? Jayden’s answer would probably be “no” as the only thing that mattered to him at this time was himself and his military career.

He was an EA soldier and he was proud of it. He was currently a rookie but he was very ambitious and would do anything it took to reach the top. With virtually no one else to worry about other than himself he would commit himself fully to his success… ridding himself of any obstacle that may stand in his way.

As he sat in the café drinking his cup of coffee he watched the events that began to unfold. He sat near the window where he could see most of everything. The EA soldier watched as the woman who was identified by a waited to be a ZAFT commander stumbled out of the door and fell to the ground. She appeared to be unconscious and Jayden sat in his chair and continued to drink his coffee as he watched other soldiers huddle around the woman. It seemed that she was very important to both the Orb and ZAFT soldiers as they grouped around her, each trying to quickly diagnose her illness and help her get medical attention.

Jayden began to get curious and wandered over to the café doors as one man described the illness as “food poisoning”. The very comment made Jayden nearly burst out in laughter. ”A simple food poisoning… That’s a pathetic deduction. A coordinator such as herself is immune to most illnesses including regular poisons. If anything it was an assassination attempt by somebody who is obviously against ZAFT. The poison used had to be a poison that would directly attack a coordinator… it had to be a poison specifically made to fatally injury a coordinator and someone from the inside would’ve had to do it. Seeing as though this is a café in Orb’s territory then one should conclude that it was someone that is affiliated with Orb, if not the Orb military. Funny… I could’ve sworn that this parade was supposed to be about peace. Yet, with those coordinators around peace can never be attained.” he thought as he began to walk back into the café. As he sat back down near the window he kept his eyes on his watch.

”It’s not going to be long until departure now he said aloud as he waited patiently for his flight out of the country.

Edited by Guest

[OOC: ZOMG it's like ages since I made a post here...]

The sudden blaring and sharp crackle from the radio caused her to nearly jump out of the seats...again. Nothing has been going on at the moment, at least from her side of things that she has to be looking after. The scene of the festivities is as busy as ever, with people constantly passing by the backstreet for the reasons of finding a better spot than the previous one. Of course, that is never the case in events like this, from what she have experienced before.

The girl, or rather, 'young woman' from the way she dressed, tried hard to at least concentrate on what is going on.

Oh dear...I must have been very, very sleepy or something...the bleary-eyed girl said while opening her half-opened eyes to look at the status of human traffic in the area.

It was until she overheard something about a ZAFT commander and 'food poisoning' that really shook her up.

Seriously...the heck?

Jase had stomach pains.He heard the transmition "I'm coming"Said Jase.Walking out he shaw that Sieg wasn't at the table anymore.He shaw both of the men out the window "Hey what happen Sieg?"Said Jase .Falling to the floor he had his stomach pains again "Erg"whispered as he got back to his feet .

(ooc:sorry Ive had computer problems but am back.)

Edited by Guest

The young commander was quickly wheeled away as the doctor stood and waited patiently for the young man's response.  With nothing left to say to the doctor Kitsune followed after the nurses and other doctors who surrounded the young woman, thankful that his military I.D. let him have access to areas a civilian wouldn't.

Finally she was moved into a treatment room where the young woman was hooked up to a EKG and the medical team began monitoring her pulse and heart rate.  From outside the room Kitsune was able to look through the large glass window at the woman.

Even with though she was now unconscious he had to admit there was something interesting about her, she was especially beautiful which made Kitsune feel even sorrier for her ailment.

After sending a few more messages to his superiors and to the ZAFT embassy Kitsune found a chair to sit in and sank down.  He'd been right earlier that morning when he'd realized how long of a day it would be.