Re: PLANT defense Network

MobileWeaponAce

I was curious because its never stated in anything that Valient has posted but after several nuclear attacks has the PLANT's learned a lesson and built some sort of defensive network around the PLANT's to help prevent any future attacks. If so is it a ring design encasing the plants, several satellites in and around the plants, or a few long bar like satellites. Either way the defense network if properly armed can help defend the PLANT's against a variety of attacks from MS to Battle ships and also and futher Nuclear attacks. Now what i propose isn't something revolutionary most of the technology exists today I just want to make sure that the PLANT's aren't leaving themselves open to any unnecessary attacks.

Ah, the stuff that comes out of random chat discussions...

Well, I doubt the PLANTs themselves can mount weapons like the colonies in Gundam Wing. I would assume that the PLANTs rely on fortesses like Jachin Due (no longer exists) and that super carrier (that I think Kira shot down), or Messiah (which Kira did shoot down). But it seems the PLANTs now just rely on the space fleet and neutron stampeders to protect the homeland.

At this point I don't think that we could protect all of PLANT using satellites, given that there are so many.  Unless someone comes up with something rather ingenious I don't want to put up anything like a satellite defense system; I also have a hunch that such a large military initiative would be a violation of one treaty or another.

I mean if u really think that but just trying to back a point there are already plans IRL that back my point that america is proposing one is to put anti ballistic missle facilitys in Alaska and the Moon. The best way i belive to do this would be to have several smaller satellites spread out similar to the ones used in Halo 2 if u have ever played it.

Don't double post.

PLANT's already have a miniature Genesis that was shown during Destiny that protected it from Nuclear Attack.

I've already discussed with Luibei about a similar barrier around the PLANTs just as the Artemis had around it's base. You'd need only a few satellites to encase it but such power would need Nuclear Energy and such.

As much as PLANT's needing protection, the miniature Genesis gun is fine enough.

Ryou, that is called a Neutron Stampeder, it is specialized equipment mounted on a Nazca class ship.

It is NOT a miniature genesis, it causes nuclear warheads and reactors to prematurely detonate. but against a battery operated machine it does nothing, also, once you were aware of the weapon, it is fully possible to stagger an attack against it and overcome it. Those alone wont protect the homeland.

Man I know too much about that stupid thing....*cries himself to sleep or something equally as melodramatic*

Sigh, I suppose that I do have to make some sort of formal decision on this since I hold PLANT's Supreme Council Chair.

Official Stance:

Aside from the continued production and improvement of mobile weapons, the upkeep and maintenance of our fleet, the securing of our bases and the protection of our territorial lines PLANT will not engage in open hostilities or take any suggestive, aggressive stances against its national neighbors who are currently in good standing with this government.  This includes the assumption that its neighbors are currently taking aggressive stands against our nation which indeed they are not.  With that being said PLANT will act within treaty guidelines in order to secure its own national liberty and it will be on guard against those who seek to tear at the fabric of our society.

The official stance is obviously in the spoiler column for a reason, and that is so that I can say read between the lines.  PLANT does have a defense network, it's called ZAFT.  ZAFT holds in its possession the means to fight against any aggressor and can mobilize vast resources of men and equipment at any given time.  ZAFT also has the ability to defend the PLANTS from nuclear attack with a Neutron Stampeder, no one ever said that only one was made.

I will, and in the future will probably continue to do so, not support the construction of a weapon like GENESIS.  It's cold, it's cruel, and after being the bad guys in the last two wars who tried to destroy Earth I'd rather avoid that path.  Besides, global domination through use of super weapons never works out; if we want to control a country we'll build our fast food restaurants there and dominate them economically.

What then, can constitute as a defensive network, just in the scenario that our neighbours decide to turn a *little* unfriendly?

Not that using economic means isn't a feasible idea, but I've got a feeling that somewhere, somehow the narrators will start to build a fire, then throw in some oil bit by bit where it eventually explodes into open conflict. The only question is when, and how prepared we are for it.

When it does boil down to that, perhaps a team of soldiers specially trained to defend PLANT can be made, or building defensive turrets or the like on the PLANTs. I'm aware there are quite a few limitations here, but that's all I can think of for the moment.