Re: Training!

lynnks

About training... would you guys like a shooting range, complete with a warehouse stocked with fake rooms, offices, furnitures and so on?

This is done so that maybe the sergeants could train the privates, or be trained by another higher ranked officer. In the process, maybe we could see some promotions

We could hold live exercises in the warehouse, just to get the board moving?

So.. any ideas you have for the training? We can't do anything with mobile suits until the academy is done. And, we can't have specific weapons for training.

This was after some discussion with kct and shaft because i have sooo little knowledge of military stuff and how a military is run

I would rather call that 'simulated counter-terrorist operation', it would be fun for some of us to get some gears on and do some non-MS missions together.

Well, first thing first, I'm not going to be one of the hostages if this is a hostage rescue operation.

Edited by Guest

I think the training area in general is already more than sufficient.  I'm assuming the part about 'anything with mobile suits' also includes simulators? (So that'll be scratched off the list)

Other than CQB, basic training regarding offensive and defensive tactics would be nice, such as defense from an entrenched position and offense using mobility and terrain, etc.

As for the 'hostage' situation, most CQB training simulations initially use dummies for both the 'enemy' and 'hostages.'  Only during advance stages is when live people (for both sides) are used.  (Paintballs are usually used for 'live' drills)

Ok.. so now,

1) There will be an outdoor/indoor shooting range? Which one would be better? However, seeing that specific weapons can't be named, the shooting range would just be a place for interaction and small talk?

2) An "office/home" setting, where officers can put paper targets on some "sliders" where they erm.. slide to act as the enemy. Or they can do away with the targets and use real people for both sides. Standard issue paintball guns will be used here and maybe some other gadgets that i do not know of

There are cameras in every room to monitor the actions and officers can view the shots from a separate room.

3) A fenced up tiny jungle, with the same purpose as the office setting, just in another terrain. Similarly, paintball guns.

Sergeants can fake taking another set of non-existing privates for a mission, or they can team up with those already in the army. Also, privates can fake being led by a non-existing sergeant for a mission. However, I would really like to see small teams(of about 3-5?) consisting of real people and npcs.

Note: only sergeants can lead a team, create a npc if we have to?

Should we have some private/leading private npcs around? just to make up for the numbers?

1) In an enclosed environment, such as a ship, obviously indoor would be the only option.  But for an open-air base, probably outdoor, since there are differences in the way projectiles fly inside versus outside.

Though we can't name specific weapons, I think it's fine to use the generic pistol, SMG, or assault rifle, though I have no idea about the said authority's opinions on this matter. 

2 & 3) I think those are fine, though I'm not sure if we can get enough PCs to be able to do those sorta exercises on both sides. 

Soldiers: Given how we have a disproportionate number of Sergeant PCs to Privates, we will probably need to fill in spaces with NPCs. 

• 3 weeks later...

As for the things with NPCs, a short profile for them would do?

Would something like this be enough?

Name: Jeanne Heron

Race: Coordinator

Fact Sheet: Jeanne looks like a mistake who somehow made it into the army. Her aim has hardly improved ever since she joined a year ago. But there have been a few lucky days when she shot every target down cleanly. However, she breaks into tears easily if spoken too strictly to and she takes a while for her mood to settle down. Her only bonus is her high agility which has saved her many times from being shot at during training.

Agility: High

Accuracy: Poor

If it is, i'm creating around 10 mini npcs to work around with.

Well, that is simple enough, since we would probably not be developing most of them at the moment.

Another suggestion is that we can create NPCs of our own, but given the busy time we're facing quite a bit now, not many would do that.

Ok.. i'm going to open a shooting range first, because i'll need time to type out the profiles. bleh xP

As liubei said,

Though we can't name specific weapons, I think it's fine to use the generic pistol, SMG, or assault rifle

such things are okay.

that's all

Yayyyyy er.. the soccer field is there for fun *thinking of a swimming pool and a basketball court* 

So far i've finished with the female npcs.. yes, only 4 there'll be around 6 male npcs that i have yet to touch.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Name: Marjolaine Cragus

Race: Natural

Assignment: In charge of the training grounds.

Fact Sheet: A brawny woman who is very distantly related to a ruling family. She was rumoured to have been a fierce pilot in the days when the wars were still on going. She will bark at any soldiers not holding their weapons properly or at privates playing a fool during training. Sometimes, she might even join her subordinates in training if they dare to challenge her. But given her age, she does not react as fast as she used to.   

Agility: A little slower than average

Accuracy: High

Name: Jeanne Heron

Fact Sheet: Jeanne looks like a mistake who somehow made it into the army. Her aim has hardly improved ever since she joined a year ago. But there have been a few lucky days when she shot every target down cleanly. However, she breaks into tears easily if spoken too strictly to and she takes a while for her mood to settle down. Her only bonus is her high agility which has saved her many times from being shot at during training.

Agility: High

Name: Komachi Tokuoka and Sakue Tokuoka

Fact Sheet: They are identical twins who joined the army under their father's (holding the post of Second Lieutenant and stationed in Persepolis) pressure. They have only respect for higher authority as instilled into them by their father. They fare well enough in their physical tests and marksmanship. Komachi, however, has this tendency to only work well with Sakue and close friends, otherwise, she'll only act on her own or take no initiative to respond quickly to situations. Sakue will try to coordinate with anybody, as long as they are on her team. Higher officers knowing this trait of Komachi, will always try to put the two sisters together.

Agility: Slightly better than average

Accuracy: Slightly better than average

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If there's anything about these npcs that anyone would like to change, please suggest it here?

And i'm posting the names of the male npcs first,

Shirai Kenkyusha

Hughes Dechesne

Briel Saunders

Piers Kilch

Takuboku Nakamura

Gerard Poirier

If anyone, anyone, would like to do a short profile (like those above) for any of these npcs, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

@Shooting Range:  Agreed.  If you're a member of the FREE Forces and that is currently unoccupied, head on over.

@DarkNoise & Keiji: Continue posting there when you get the chance.

@Topic: I still don't know the Admins' stance on this but are we allowed to have MS Simulators on base yet?

And I might as well help out on those NPC profiles...(And add another category)

Name: Briel Saunders

Fact Sheet: An average looking fellow, Briel recently 'graduated' from boot camp and is now officially a member of the FREE Forces.  He handles any given tasks competently but isn't exceptional in any particular aspects.  He works very well in teams, enough that he can be trusted to cover your back.

Agility: Average

Accuracy: Average

Tactical Acumen: Slightly below average

Name: Takuboku Nakamura

Fact Sheet: A slim, second-generation Coordinator, Takuboku was granted the gift of a strong analytical mindset but he lacks in physical aspects.  However, he was armed with the belief in the protection of his homeland and managed to struggle through basic training.  The soft-spoken young man makes up for his deficient physical abilities with his ability to quickly accumulate data in the field and then outline multiple paths and possible choices. 

Agility: Slightly below Average

Tactical Acumen: High

Name: Hughes Dechesne

Fact Sheet:  This bulky, muscular young man is very enthusiastic and slightly arrogant.  Before enlisting, he was a star linebacker in his high school's American Football team; a sport that his idol, George Glenn, also played.  Because of this, he is strong and rather fast despite his large stature.  However, he isn't the type to have both 'brains' and 'brawns' so he's not that sharp.

Agility: Above Average

Accuracy: Slightly above Average

Tactical Acumen: Below Average

Edited by Guest

Name:Gerard Poirier

Fact Sheet:Gerard born from a military family passed all the tests that they could throw at him.He is an above average solider with completing all of his missions with great success.His teammates always know they can trust Gerard.

Agility:Above Average

Accuracy:Above Average

I stayed home today because of being sick so I managed to get on so hey.

@ liubei013: There is already a thread where someone played an MS simulation in Orb, and made it like they are fighting a proper MS battle.

I need to figure out NPCs for the hardcore bolt-action-only gang.

I think it is better to leave it at another base (i.e. mobile suit bases) after some of us have passed the academy. It is just an IMHO though.

Trying an NPC for now...

Name: Kanako Sasaki

Fact Sheet: One of the numerous female personnels in the FREE Forces, she was a senior and an older sister figure to some of the females in the FREE Forces. An accomplished marksmen (markswomen), she have no qualms about taking her own course of action if the situation permits it.

Agility: average

Accuracy: above average

Tactical Acumen: average

Name: Ryota Mitsukuri <--- Probably want to make an AD-ed version of the old Ryota

Fact Sheet: He was one that looks for methods which 'solves everything' using various tactics, even if the said method is questionable. Relies a lot on use of instinct and thought-of-the-moment, although he is for one never a proper team player, because he sometimes questioned the strength of the teams that he would be assigned to. Once his trust is gained, a master tactician is in place inside any team.

Agility: above average

Accuracy: above average

Tactical Acumen: high

Edited by Guest

I'll try to make another post at the shooting range. I've just been a little bit busy that's all. !

Oh, let me take a crack at this!

Name: Piers Kilch

Fact Sheet: Piers had a fond liking for paintballing, archery and other aiming associated acitivies which contributes to his naturally high accuracy. He's cocky and always believes that he's right and shrugs off mistakes by saying that "Lady Luck" wasn't on his side. Kilch is a strong and fast runner, but he's extremely clumsy. He doesn't even know how to tie his shoes which he tries dearly to keep a secret. Piers has great upper body strength with muscles situated in his arms. Unfortunately, he believes strategy is for losers and supposes that he could never lose since he self proclaims that he is the "rock". In actual truth, whenever Piers tries to think or even focus on a strategy, he doesn't seem to comprehend it well. Kilch seems to be great at encouragement however and helps motivate the team while hoping to instill confidence.

Agility: Fast, but not reliable.

Accuracy: High.

Tactical Acumen: Below average.

Edited by Guest