Orb Foundation Week

Kaizer

It has been announced that on Sunday, November 5th, The opening ceremonies for Orb Foundation Week will be starting, and that all members of the site are invited to Kusanagi to attend.  If there is any member that wants to attend Kusanagi in person, post here so I know.  For those that don't want to attend, the event will be televised, so you can watch the ceremonies no matter where your character is in the world.

I was actually hoping that maybe we could do smomething which could aid us later on like steal a ZAFT submarine or get some Orb tech or something (which is all tricky since we ourselves can't use mobile suits). But instigating conflict is always nice... assasinations are always a plus

It may be best to wait for the MW academy to open before we instigate a war, just to ensure that we can actually do some real fighting when the time comes.  I have no qualms about starting the war ourselves, I just want to make sure that we are ready for it, and that we know why we are doing it.  I mean, the current EA is free from Blue Cosmos and Logos control, so animosity towards coordinators in general is no longer a viable reason for a war; and unless Orb is planning on revealing some new technology that could give it an edge in battle, I see no reason to attack them.

This isn't saying that we can't attack, just that someone needs to give me a reason before we can sic' Winders on our enemies 

I mean, the current EA is free from Blue Cosmos and Logos control, so animosity towards coordinators in general is no longer a viable reason for a war; and unless Orb is planning on revealing some new technology that could give it an edge in battle, I see no reason to attack them.

With a slight twist of Rad's words, there's more than enough hatred for Coordinators. A vast majority of our soldiers supposedly enlisted out of resentment for the Break the World incident. By the same reasoning the vast majority of Orb Union soldiers would have enlisted after witnessing the failed ZAFT invasion. They should by all reasoning hate the PLANTS just as much if not more than we do.

But then again I understand your point. After all that has happened hatred is not a good enough reason to start a war. We should probably be thinking up a means for the Orb Union to start things off. Let 'em try to act holy when they're the instigators. 

Sorry for the double post but I've changed my mind. I would like to attend the festival. It really seems like it would be lots of fun as well as a great thread to debut my lowly grunt. Also, if it's possible, I hope that the rest of you change your minds and choose to attend. We really could use a float. 

Edited by Guest

Hmm I'm still unsure if I want to go (I have a character reason why not to), either way I'm kinda hoping that James will return to get things moving in our thread again, I'd hate just to bypass and ignore him. Other than that if we're going we're going so people should probably start heading over there IC. On another note who is our representative going to be for this shindig?

got it in one Rusty 

OMNI enforcers will not be represented at ORB during this ceremony, as it would be in bad taste to bring in our own military for their own holidays (It'd be like sending troops to occupy a place during christmas; which I think actually happened once, or something close to it; *needs to read up on world history a little more* ) 

• 1 month later...

Yes, until I give orders otherwise, all members are free to head to the ORB festivities, and I hope to see all of you at the upcoming christmas celebrations as well.  Yet again, I find myself thanking Roromi for keeping an eye on things when I get swamped by homework and whatnot