Re: Seen it...seen it...familiar...nothing new there...heard it all before...

OPA

*Much crying*

This is so sad; why are the character bio's so cliche- not so much the bio's themselves, it's the personalities.  I've lost count of how many times i've seen "A nice person overall", or, "Fiercly loyal to his/her friends and will do anything to help them."

Is it just me or is there just no end to the amount of "Nice guys" here.  I'm telling you, it's getting to the stage where i just wanna scratch my eyes out whenever i start reading these personalities.  Can we stop writing ourselves in and RP?  With all the nice people round, how the blazes are the flamin wars starting?!? :S

I'm just venting here (and this might be in the wrong spot).

When crap happens, even nice guys should fight dirty...Especially for their own survival.

But you've brought a point to my attention (and hopefully to the mods). "A nice person overall" is not what I would call 'detailed'. Aside from the fact that such people would LOVE to have their character in the centre of attention (meaning one of the main characters), a 'nice guy' is probably the easiest and least challenging character to role play. I don't think they are writing themselves in, but more of the ideal character they want to role play.

That being said, nice guys or not, it would be really great if everyone keeps to the personalities of their own characters. I've seen far too many characters role played into OOC-ness.

Good thing I was one of the first nice guys,

But seriously, though I haven't went through that many of the newer profiles, it really is gonna be too good of a world for us here in AD. But as far as I know there's one member here who has a diabolical mind who could be the spark who ignites the war.

For me, if at least one stands up to start a war, and gets a number of people to sway to his/her cause then that would still be able to start a war, though it would be slower than if we had a good number of baddies here.

I'm not gonna start the war, but I'll gladly throw the last punch 

But yeah, I agree that there are possibly a few too many nice guys out there, we need a few twisted people to make things go crazy (where's falko-sama when you need him  ), once that happens, it won't matter how many nice guys we have, cause half of them will end up getting shot down by Neko-Kyra (no one can touch the loli characters, they're too cute to hurt)

hmm...perhaps i poorly worded myself by saying people were writing themselves in- but F.A.I.T.H. seems to pretty much have hit the nail on the head anyway.

True also, there aren't enough really bad guys running around; sure the multiplayers (KCT and the rest of 'em) have a few nice ones up their sleeves, but while the "one character" rule is in effect...

P.s: Too many cordies

How about a vote? We can't have too many madmen running loose in space, blasting at every single thing they deem as a threat (which would be EVERYTHING, in my opinion ). A few-several, would be nice, and the occasional nice guy(s) who lose their minds temporarily in the fight.

**look at F.A.I.T.H.'s avatar** Is he a "bad men"? But isn't he very cruel?

I think that even "good person" can ignite war - if he has a reason and enough power)

He's not really 'bad' or 'evil'....Just that his methods and way of thinking are somewhat unorthodox compared to the average goody-two shoes protagonist.

Technically, ANYONE can ignite a war...But whatever the reason, it cannot be universally good or evil, because what is seen as righteous and justified in the eyes of  ORB/EA/ZAFT politicians and military might be evil/insidious in the eyes of others.

So problem lies not within "good person" or "cares for his friend,family etc." Problem is when there's too many "I don't like war,i don't want to kill"-soldiers. 'cause that just plain stupid. And isn't "approving time" means to help those,who new to RPing, correct this stupidness (i hate that word,grrr..)

So problem lies not within "good person" or "cares for his friend,family etc." Problem is when there's too many "I don't like war,i don't want to kill"-soldiers. 'cause that just plain stupid.

If you're talking about Kira Yamato, I'd agree as well. Getting thrown into the war and then whinging on about not wanting to kill is pretty silly, realistically speaking.

And isn't "approving time" means to help those,who new to RPing, correct this stupidness (i hate that word,grrr..)

You could use 'stupidity' if you want.

the problem with this suggestion is that in doing so, we would be seen as restricting the new user's decisions to decide what kind of person his character would be. We can only tell him the basics he has to take notice of, and at most give suggestions as to what kind of soldier he should be. Whether him uses those suggestions is out of our hands. Personal preferences, you see, but advice on our part might help, if that's what you're thinking.

There is only 2 ways most people would want to go for.

1. The goody-two-shoes. Pretty much everyone wants to be the all-round good guy.

2. Absolute evil. But since they are not the one in control, they tend to go for option 1. then.

That is why I make my Sayaka-chan a bit cynical .