Re: Gundam models discussion thread.

kct

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some variant of the Zeta Gundam found in the Gundam Evolve 9. 

Apparently they are following the Green Divers scheme for the Unit 3, not the Virtua On-ish Evolve 9 colours. Of course, being Amuro's Zeta is a selling point (although nothing will be changed from your standard MG Zeta Gundam 2.0 kit, other than colours). This is what it would looked like, if it were to be the Green Divers version (it's a recolour of the 2.0 in a Japanese magazine).

zeta3ak6ah0.th.jpg

zetawavemz1.th.jpg

I don't know, as I've said all over the place, the lack of a MG Buster Zeta (Grey Wolf aka Shin Matsunaga's) from Evolve 9 is murdering me.

Edited by Guest

Anyone getting the MG Hi-Nu?

I certainly am. That thing is Awesome. I'm also planning on getting the MG Strike Noir, F91 Harrison Martin Custom, and Crossbone X1 Full Cloth.

I may consider the MG Strike Freedom...what I really, REALLY want though is a MG Destiny and/or Infinite Justice. But I dunno if that'll ever happen...*keeps hoping*

So I heard MG Strike Freedom is like weird.

Well, they changed the design a bit and they upped the amount of bling. Of course the result is that the little blue WoL knockoff it does in animation is even less plausible, but other than that, they finally managed to make the thing look pretty good - except for the excessive bling, but that's nothing a bit of paint can't fix.

IF I get one, I plan on nixing the gold.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Ahem, may I ask question?

Maybe it sound stupid, but someone know about how many 1/144 HG SEED/SEED Destiny were released? And if someone know where I can see this list , can you tell me? And please, no " just google it" - my skills in googling really sucks - already tried ((

Well, no paint... in most cases, but even MG kits need a bit of a touch up in places. Don't rely on paints though, there nearly impossible to get matching matt paints... in the uk anyway.

Search the web for a site called Gundam Mad, you'll find theres specially made marker pens for gundam modals and there sold in series sets.

e.g A pack of markers with most of the colors used in seed. Or another pack with colors used in destiny.

I myself just assembled a 1/100 MG Freedom, and found that eyes and the guns and a few little unoticed areas need touching up.

Well, no paint... in most cases, but even MG kits need a bit of a touch up in places.

Nah, I meant the method of modding without the use of paint. I'm wondering about what coarseness of sandpaper to use, or if I need a varnish or something at all? I don't really want to spend 21 bucks on an HG just to wreck it. =P

Edited by Guest

Now I don't mean to sway you're opinion Fuku, but you don't need to sand parts. Thats if you're lazy like me For your (and anyone else's ) sake, I've scanned the instructions that I got from the back of a pack of Bandai Clippers (see image^^)

But the thing is, there's an almost fatal flaw with the last step. It says to clip as close to the part as possible. This is bad, as you might clip the part, or it will leave a white stretch mark (O_O seriously)

To combat this (white stretch mark), I clip not to close to the part, leaving a little bit of plastic on it. Then I use a hobby knife to slowly shave/slice/trim off the tiny bit of plastic. Try not to trim so hard and you should be fine But its up to you if you'd like to adopt this habit *shrug*

width=392 height=600http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8457/image0001ye4.jpg[/img]

• 2 months later...

So thus far, I may expand my Mg collection since I have a Job. I'm thinking of getting all the Strike MGs, Rouge/IWSP/Noir , or get me the original RX-78-2 MG, and buy this nifty conversion kit to make it look more like the new Evolve version.

The redesign looks cool, makes it seem a little more stylish and modern with the open armor over certain portions of the frame. Don't get me wrong, I do like the nostalgia of the old RX-78, but the re-design makes it look a little more menacing to a modern day audience.

Redesign Evolve RX-78

Edited by Guest

The redesign looks cool, makes it seem a little more stylish and modern with the open armor over certain portions of the frame. Don't get me wrong, I do like the nostalgia of the old RX-78, but the re-design makes it look a little more menacing to a modern day audience.

Redesign Evolve RX-78

Ah, Wilhelm, this/these resin kits are supposedly called "Neo Grade" made by a South Korean company. I've got piccies of their other conversion kits (Strike Freedom and Strike) my friend gave me them a few days (^o^) ago. Lol, but I don't have their website  (google'll help )

anyone ever tried using acrlic paints to paint models?

That same friend I'm talking about uses acrylic too lol. He's a bit of a messy painter, but if I can remember correctly, he said the acrylic "bites/sticks" well to the plastic. I personally haven't used them though So its a second hand account here