Spacecombat

Ishian

Ive been wondering if the AMF-101 DINN is able to participate in spacecombat or is it only able to operate in the atmosphere of earth or inside a plant?

After all it doesn't have the Zero Gravity Maneuver Fighter in its production name.

Edited by Guest

According to MAHQ, and I quote,

"The AMF-101 DINN is a mobile designed for sustained aerial combat on Earth. The DINN's design is similar to the ZGMF-1017 GINN, with the exception of the extendable wings used for flight and a helmet-like attachment used to increase the suit's aerodynamics."

As such, its just a GINN with pretty wings and different guns, and performs almost exactly like a GINN would.  I would expect that its abilities in space would differ slightly from the GINN, whose thrusters were made for a zero-gravity condition, whereas the DINN would have its thrusters designed for power instead of finesse.  Simply put, the DINN would move faster than the GINN, but would not maneouvre as easily as its predescessor.

I don't think the DINN would perform that well in space, at least not to a significant degree since it was purely designed for atmospheric flight.  Note that GINNs can only use their thrusters briefly (jump jets, lol) in atmosphere; they would need those flying platforms (forgot name) to be able to engage in sustained aerial combat.

EDIT: Actually, yes, the DINN uses the identical hand weapons to that of the CGUE.  And there are similarities in the frame itself.

From MAHQ:

The DINN's basic armaments consist of an anti-aircraft shotgun and an assault machine gun also used by the ZGMF-515 CGUE
Edited by Guest

While it would make sense for the DINN to work in space, on the same hand it doesnt. Maybe its the weapons which would put it at a disadvantage? I would argue that it wouldn't be able to manuver well seeing how flight would only require thrust in more or less one general direction, The DINN would probably only be able to move in space in straight lines.

liubei013: Those flying platforms are called Ghouls

It could function in space but not very well. Stopping and turning would be a huge problem as it was designed for Earth where there is air density thus creating friction. Since there is no friction in space you need more power to stop and the DINN just wouldn't have that type of thrusters. 

Those flying platforms are called Ghouls

I thought it was spelt "Guul"? Nevermind, its not that important

Anyway. yes a Dinn can, but wouldnt work well in space. But, i suppose if you swap some parts, then we can have a Dinn Space type? Like thrusters here and there, so we can have it stopping and turning efficiently now

According to MAHQ, and I quote,

"The AMF-101 DINN is a mobile designed for sustained aerial combat on Earth. The DINN's design is similar to the ZGMF-1017 GINN, with the exception of the extendable wings used for flight and a helmet-like attachment used to increase the suit's aerodynamics."

As such, its just a GINN with pretty wings and different guns, and performs almost exactly like a GINN would.  I would expect that its abilities in space would differ slightly from the GINN, whose thrusters were made for a zero-gravity condition, whereas the DINN would have its thrusters designed for power instead of finesse.  Simply put, the DINN would move faster than the GINN, but would not maneouvre as easily as its predescessor.

The model answer