Cosmic Era RP planning

Valiant

We have enough players interested in this RP.

Here's the roster based on feedback from the interest check thread:

1. Valiant
  2. @Janus
  3. @Kino
  4. @Roromi
  5. @BrightBlurr
  6. @Natalie
  7. @Acidic

Timeline

First thing we need to decide on is the timeline of the RP. While I personally prefer to do post-SEED and pre-Destiny, Janus reminded me that the old RP was set 10 years post Destiny. She'll be assisting me as Narrator and she'll post her notes once she gets them organised.

Post-Destiny
The advantage of being set some time away from the canon story is that we remove the canon characters from the picture. The disadvantage is that some players feel a little disjointed, and it is a little harder to explain the lack of tech advancements if we simply use or upgrade tech from Destiny. The easier way is to reduce the 10-year gap through retconning major RP events.

Post-SEED, pre-Destiny
This scenario disregards the events of Destiny and allows us to avoid the catastrophes that happened. The advantage, in my opinion, is that we have Destiny tech as reference or even direct upgrade as we go along the RP. It might be more familiar territory for players, but players might also be influenced by Destiny canon. There's nothing good or bad about that, it's all a matter of personal preference.

Thoughts
I'm keen to hear what those of you who signed up feel about the timeline. Since almost all of us were from the old RP, the post-Destiny route might be more appealing since that's the easiest way to continue where we left off. Perhaps we can shave off a few years to bring it closer to the end of Destiny to start with where the factions were recovering from the Second Bloody Valentine War.

I’m a bigger fan of post seed / pre destiny.  I feel like there’s more fuel for conflict that can be picked up. It would be easy to retcon or ignore main characters and just have our people run with events. I think this would be a fresher start too. 

Thats my two cents I’ll go with whatever you guys decide though! 

• Like 1

I still feel like post-DESTINY gives us the most major freedom to innovate as we like. Major characters can step down or fade. We won't be constrained by a need to keep major events in mind. It also helps that we can explain the lack of technological innovation by a lack of need until another major war or even cost of resources. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Roromi said:

The more I think about it the more I like the post destiny idea. My biggest concern is filling in the tech gap. 

Btw great to see you again HHLkill3r!

There won't be much of a tech gap. The second war devastated the Earth sphere.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While not my favorite possibility, it's certainly an option and I have assorted MS and concepts that could be applied/explored.  Many remain from the original AD and were never used.  Does "non-canon timeline" mean non-canon story, or no canon characters as well?

Edited by MM007
  • Like 1

On 19/03/2020 at 06:14, MM007 said:

While not my favorite possibility, it's certainly an option and I have assorted MS and concepts that could be applied/explored.  Many remain from the original AD and were never used.  Does "non-canon timeline" mean non-canon story, or no canon characters as well?

No canon characters. Otherwise it will be quite troublesome trying to deal with them or explain what happened to them.

On 24/03/2020 at 06:38, Replicator said:

Worried about this option. I didn't get to finish Destiny. Long gone in the rotation when i finally made time for it.

Check Nyaa or BakaBT?

On 25/03/2020 at 14:09, Valiant said:

No canon characters. Otherwise it will be quite troublesome trying to deal with them or explain what happened to them.

Check Nyaa or BakaBT?

Nyaa only has Origin, Thunderbolt, IBO, Fighters, Fighters Try Island Wars (but not Try itself), and Divers. BakaBT has turned... weird.

Still, i can check other sites and force myself to watch through it if i do find it in subs. Plus now i know where to watch IBO and see if i give it a try.