One New Gundam

fireminerva

Personal Note:  This design is based off of the Terra Version of the G-Saviour which can be found here provided that you surf around a little bit.  While most of the inspiration has come from the G-Savior there are also aspects drawn in from RX-78NT-1 Alex and also the mass production Gundams from 08MS Team.  Since I like the idea of having mass production Gundams I figured that I'd just run with it.

Model number: ZGMF-X1000A

Code name: Salvation Gundam

Unit type: prototype assault mobile suit

Manufacturer: ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty)

Operator: ZAFT

First deployment: Top Secret

Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso

Dimensions: 18.7 meters

Weight: 81.62 metric tons

Construction: unknown

Powerplant: ultracompact hyper deuterion nuclear reactor, power output rating unknown

Fixed armaments:  2 x MMI-GAU32D 30mm CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x XMA-011 beam saber, stored on backpack, hand-carried in use; 1 x MX2450 beam shield generator, mounted on forearms; 1 x MMIX-HCGG04 90mm Gatling gun, mounted in right forearm

Optional hand armaments: XMA-BAR81 high-energy beam rifle, power rating unknown

Technical and Historical Notes:  The Salvation Gundam series was developed at the end of the Second Bloody Valentine War as ZAFT noticed that its Gundams were beginning to become a bit of a strain, even on a war time economy.  In order to remedy the senior designers in ZAFT decided to streamline the production process in order to make what would essentially be a mass production Gundam.  First field tested only a few days before the end of the war several units have been produced in secret over the years, just as a form of insurance should war come to ZAFT’s doorsteps again.

I like the bridge between stock mobile suit and Gundam. However, one thing in the CE that makes a Gudnam a Gundam (other than the operational system) is the fact that Gundams debut some new crazy technology or radically improve upon existing technology. (See below)

Gundam; advancement

G-Weapons; Phase Shift Armor, Beam Rifles, Beam Sabers

Duel (ZAFT); Assualt Shroud

Freedom, Justice; N-Jammer Cancellors, HiMAT modes

GAT Series 2: Trans-Phase Armor

Providence; DRAGOON system

ZAFT Series Two Models; the Deutrion Beam Transfer System, Variable Phase Shift Armor,

Impulse; where do I start?

Destiny; Alot

Legend; Improved DRAGOON system

ORB-01; Beam Deflector

Strike Freedom-Infinate Justice; Uber Brokenness

I am missing this in this machine. For an example I will go to my Wing Gundam (Based off the Ver.Ka model in mahq.net) I have come up with a nano-wings of light (will get cooler name later) based on generating a wwings of light on top of the machine's wings by 100s of nano boosters, giving the machine a new level manuverablity. Oh, and that buster rifle of mass destruction.

EDIT: If you want something that fits between a stock mobile suit and a gundam I saw on wiki that when testing the Destiny idea out they built 3 Impulses that lacked phase shift (and i believe the beam recharge system) to test the Destiny shilioette. ZAFT might want to build that as a one piece replacement for the ZAKU (it has 5 packs that go with it that could possibly be fieled, since the Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss packs require leg flyers as well)

Edited by Guest

Well ZAFT still needs Gundams.  And as far as the reactor is concerned, who's to say what's legal in this crazy day and age.

I don't really mean that but in order to actually maintain some semblance of military power ZAFT almost has to violate the treaty, though the same goes for the other nations.