Positron Cannons

evo_Sieg

I'm not sure what that is, though it seems like a joint project between the French and the Germans; what with the whole "Panzer" and "Armure" words being used.

Actually... never mind.  I thought we were talking about a real world application of something gundam instead of the mirage colloid system.  But anyways, speaking of the Germans, they have this new mobile artillery piece that looks a lot like some of the artillery the Orb uses... or am I thinking of Evangelion.

A guass rifle and a rail gun are two differant things.  The rail gun uses two charge rails (hence the name) and a guase rifle is also called a electric coil gun.  The US navy is thinking of recomisioning  navel battleship-class ships with rail guns to eliminate secondary explosions from hits.

• 1 month later...

I say Positron Blasters! w00t! that would totally make my day...unless the Taliban discover it first then it would suck...although it would still be cool because it was created..

Rail Guns...ROCK!!!  Has anyone played the game 'Red Faction'?  I play it at my friends house, and we play this one multiplayer map where we each get a rail gun with a heartbeat sensor scope, sit in an isolated room with one entryway, and shoot through walls and floors to kill opponents...ITS AMAZING! 

Personally, while the advance in technology is cool, I don't know how thrilled I am about new weapons like these becoming accessible to any modern military.  Until 1990 the world had to live with the arms race that existed between the US and the former USSR, heaven knows we barely got by that one.  The idea that positron cannons could be accessible in a few years is kind of troublesome, given the fact that you could create a level of destruction equal to or greater than the A Bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

So as I said in the beginning, cool... but scary.  If anything I would hope that governments would stop spending money on newer, "better" weapons and start reconciling their differences with each other before the world's nations are at each other's throats again.

Maybe I'm taking that too seriously but I thought that it would be nice to bring the other side of the argument to this discussion.

yea i agree with fireminerva a bit to the extent that new weapons would be cool. but not necessary at this point in time. because as long as we have those kind of weapons we are always gonna have wars, and politically the better the weapons the quicker the war can be done, the less damages it will have, or in another sense the better weapons that one side has, the less antsy the other side will get to start the war. that was the whole point behind the atomic bombs. well that and to beat germany to the punch during WWII. But after we created the Nuclear bombs, everyone else felt threatened and just raced to build their own arms, and then when the soviet Union started moving their nuclear arms to Cuba, it was just a question of who was going to fire first. but luckily the leaders of the time in both US and Soviet Union felt it best to not do anything.

um.....kinda got a bit off topic sorry. but anyway what i was trying to get at was if we got that out of control over a bomb. think what this whole place will go to when we start introducing weapons that we cant effectively defend against at this point in time. so while it would be beyond belief that the world would start producing gundam like weapons in real life and be one step closer to coming to most of our fantasies. our planet nor our current state in time could handle anything like that...

oh yea hey ya'll I'm brad, sorry I'm kinda late for the discussion i want to try to become a bit more active round here since i have lost everything that i usually do....um anyone wouldn't be up for a little mock battle huh? just so i can get back into the game since i haven't really RP ed in like a year or so.