J-POP

Fuku with Nodachi

Nah, I have my fill of eurobeat and techno. I now permanently register them in my brain as "racing music" instead of "clubbing music".

I was looking more along the lines of songs with instruments in them, maybe a little j-rock, or anything upbeat and catchy, really.

Just no generic high-pitched vocalists or enka, please. =P

Well, right now i'm sticking with two J-pop artists right now, KOTOKO and Mami Kawada (both did ops for Starship Operators, not that i've seen it ) but whenever i do hear a J-pop song i like then i actively make an effort to find it and "obtain" it.

Why i mentioned KOTOKO and Kawada is that when i hear a song i really like, i start to "obtain" other songs by the same artists. this method is sort of alright, because most of their songs are kinda the same style, if you know what i mean , but im definately not afraid to go listen to other j-pop artists *raises finger*

I'm a BoA fan so I listen to her Japanese songs quite often. Other than that, I don't listen to much J-pop. I still put on Speed once in a while when I feel nostalgic. Then there's Namie Amuro and Aikawa Nanase somewhere on my playlist.

And oh, Ayumi, too. Of course.

One of my personal favorites right now is Angela Aki. Not sure if her music is exactly what you're looking for, but I find it really...likable. It's the kind of stuff that you could listen to over and over again.

She performed an ending song for Blood+ called "This Love" (Haven't seen the series, though)

My friend's recommending Koda Kumi. Is she any good?

Yes, quite good. The song Yuna sings in FFX-2(the original Japanese) is one of hers, IIRC.

I would actually have to recommend "Destiny" by CHiYO. It's the opening theme of the series Gin-iro no Olynssis (Character designs by Hisashi Hirai, of Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, S-CRY-ED and Fafner, but IMHO it's a good show anyway)

The song is catchy as all heck, and it's a good one too.

Other than that, anything by Nami Tamaki, TM Revolution, or High and Mighty Color. Ayumi Hamasaki's always worth listening to as well.

I'm shocked that no-one listed Utada Hikaru! Her song's Passion, Hikari, Tokyo Nights, Sakura Drops, and her latest single Flavor of Life are nice.

Also, Hikaru has albums in both Japan, and the US. She's a muli-talented artist that is fluent in both English and Japanese. Her songs Passion, and Hikari are best known from Kingdom Hearts I & II

• 3 weeks later...

did anybody ever listen to ZONE?

lol, never heard of 'em Well, thats prolly because i dont know any good jpop artists (well, 'cept those that did intros to animes )

I would also like to throw a question out there. Any BoA songs that anyone would recommend? I just got Amazing Kiss (lol) off my friend, its not bad and i'd like to hear more (i don't really like randomly dling songs, to find out theyre not to my taste or something )

Since this is a J-Pop thread, I think this is appropriate here...

I saw a little video and I just love the background song used in it! It sounds so cute that I can't stop playing it in my head, hehe.. Can you guys help me? Does anybody of you know what song is this?

The song is here.

Thanks for anyone who knows what the song is, never mind the dude who's always on the video.

BTW, the video is from my sister, so don't assume anything again, hehe...