Re: The Valiant Soldiers of Dial-up

OPA

With the presence of the ever-devouring craze that is "Broadband" sweeping the world, consuming those it touches with its addictive tendrils of fast bandwidth; a steadfast few stand tall, and work to combat the evil Broadband and stop its hostile take over.

These are the archives of those brave few, who stood strong in the face of adversity and opposed the threat even though they were greatly outnumbered.  Utilising their wit and tactics, these brave few continually struggle to outfight the Broadbands superior speed.

OPA

evo_Sieg

Konigstiger

(Yes, i'm insanely bored post here if you are a Valiant Soldier for Dial-up- you're on dial-up)

Edited by Guest

I would like to anounce that I am also a Valiant Soldier of Dial-up. Having been subjected to 9 years of utilization of theold dial-up lines at home, I have grown attached to it, so much that in the advent of the "Bradband" craze I too have continued to soldier on.

I join OPA in his crusade of fighting against the Broadbands superior speed!

Brothers who share the same fate, stand up and join us!

Long live the Valiant Soldiers of Dial-up!

I pledge my aligance to The Valiant Soldiers of Dial-up. For being a dial-up user ever since I first got an internet connection, way back years ago. This broadband craze must be stopped at all cost. And all broadband users must submit to the inferior dial-ups.

"For the preservation of our broadband free World!!!"

*Fires 30 rounds in to the air with his AK-47*

Rargh, i oppose you Valiant knights of Dial-up, join broadband, we have faster connections, free downloads, AND you can play on your computer and talk on the phone, at the same time! Join the Legague of Broadband!

Come over to the faster side!

lol, I am j/k, dial-up is cool too, though i really don't see why you have dial-up, I think it's to slow, and has too many downsides. That's my opinion anyway.

I was, for many years, a brave Knight of Dialup. I battled countless 512k foes with my mighty blade of Ping and fended off blows with my stout shield of Lag. But these weapons soon proved obsolete as the costs required to maintain my almighty connection rose and rose, until I was forced to join the shuffling, groaning masses of the undead Broadband legions.

BRAAAAIIINNNSSS!!!

I have been using dial-up for almost a decade, and have faced my share of broadband demons, emerging victorious every time. Alas, time has finally caught up to this old soldier, and what his enemies could not do, cost-efficiency has done for them. In a week, I shall be among the ranks of the fallen; all I ask is that, when I am gone, those I leave behind will hang my picture among those of my old comrades who have long passed on before me.

[me=evo_Sieg]follows after OPA's salute.[/me]

Commrade, surely a week from now we will hang your picture beside those of our valiant commrades we had by our side as we soldier on this battle against the forces of the Broadband Army.

We will forever remember your days as a Valiant Soldier of Dial-up.

One week from no we shall raise our guns and fire a salvo, saluting our great commrade while shouting at the top of our voices...

"For the preservation of our Broadband-free World!!!"

We may be slow, but you will completely stop when you have reached your download cap because of all your excessive and needless downloading; you will be easy targets regardless of our speed.

Our slow connections teach us patience, therefore make us deadly with our best laid and long planned plans we have been planning.

Patience isn't just wasted in planning...*hefts Halo 2 Sniper Rifle*  We can wait forever. *Crack*

• 2 weeks later...

*Funeral music plays*

Friends, my fellow comrades...we come here today today to honour the life of one of our dearest and most dedicated brothers, Rad.  Rad was one of the best of us, the strongest beleiver in our cause, and toughest fighter.  Although Rad has finally been consumed by the very opressive monster he fought so hard to destroy, he will not be forgotten.  His passion, dedication and zest lives on in all of the Valiant Soldiers of Dial-up.

The broadband abomination that continues to try to completely sweep across and consume our world thinks it has won itself a victory, and some of you here may think so too; but I say to you that this is untrue.

Rad's sacrifice will only increase our determination, it fuels our resolve.  On the battlefield, his memory will strengthen us, unite us.

The broadband and all its minions will regret the day it met the Valiant Soldiers of Dial-up; it will regret taking Rad, our dear brother, from us.

We salute you Rad...

*21 gun salute*

*Hangs Rad's picture in the Hall of the Honoured*

We hang this token of rememberence of Rad for all the Valiant Soldiers of Dial-up to see...Rad...although now consumed...a Valiant Soldier of Dial-up.

FOR THE PRESERVATION OF OUR PURE AND BROADBAND-FREE WORLD!

We may be slow, but you will completely stop when you have reached your download cap because of all your excessive and needless downloading; you will be easy targets regardless of our speed.

Our slow connections teach us patience, therefore make us deadly with our best laid and long planned plans we have been planning.

Patience isn't just wasted in planning...*hefts Halo 2 Sniper Rifle* We can wait forever. *Crack*

Oh, really?

You're fighting ex-Dialup Knights, man.

We know patience, and we've mastered our environments enough to save our cap for when you strike. After that, it's game over for you >=D

[me=evo_Sieg]looks at the pictures of fallen comrades hung at the walls of the Valiant Soldiers of Dial-up HQ, then looks at the newly-hung frame of Rad Rider-Kamakura.[/me]

"Tsk tsk, another one bites the dust.

Sieg hears the 21 gun salute, then stands in attention and salutes at the picture at the wall. He turns around and shouts...

"FOR THE PRESERVATION OF OUR PURE AND BROADBAND-FREE WORLD!"