Re: Football fans

Valiant

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like 3-0 against Liverpool at the Emirates Stadium. Bah...

Another interesting topic is Gerrard being played out of position for England and Liverpool.

I think it's just total rubbish. Many good players are so called "played out of position". But if they are really good then they don't really have a position. They can still contribute to the team if they are playing in another position. Look at good midfielders like Zidane and Ronaldinho. They play well when they play wide and then cut in to the centre. They can ghost past defences and get into good space to receive a pass.

Well, I read an interview with Rafa Benitez. He says that in the EPL, and most probably in England in general, players tend to have this mindset that they have to play in a certain position. Stay in formation, stick to tactics. Whereas for other continental clubs, players tend to be more flexible and more fluid. Take Luis Garcia for example, he can play on the right, left, centre, in midfield, up front, on the wings.

If a player is good enough, he'll still play well in any position.

Man Utd v Chelsea. I can't wait

and Man Utd just lost to Celtic. Now they are going to need to beat Benfica, or else. Let's hope it doesn't end that way for them again, having to get knocked out by another Portuguese club.

Technically, most players from leagues such as the Serie A, Primera Liga or even from the South American leagues tend to find themselves waist deep in trouble when playing English football. Perhaps that's one reason why Tevez and Mescherano could not perform, as well as Obafemi Martins, and that is the style of playing as well as the roughness of the English game.

Good for Man Utd

Maybe Benfica will break English hearts once more, like what they did when they dumped Liverpool out of the competition.

Well, the English style of playing is very physical. Same goes for Sheva and Ballack. Takes time to settle into the English game.

Well Mark Gonzalez's injury was due to him overstretching when he crossed after making a lovely run down the flank. Torn hamstring I think. Ouch.

Well, we can only hope they'll come back sooner and stronger

Time for the fringe players to step up and show their stuff.

Just like what the players from Arsenal did last season...I think.

In any case, I'm happy for Liverpool for practically qualifying for the next round. And talking about European competitions, how is it that Newcastle can beat their opponents there and sit unsteadily just above the drop zone?

Portsmouth at 4th...Cool.

Liverpool spent no less than 15 million euros on buying players. From Dirk Kuyt to Craig Bellamy to Fabio Aurelio to Mark Gonzalez to Jermaine Pennant, none except Kuyt have shown potential to lead Liverpool back to their glory days. Pennant and Bellamy were explosive but ineffectual, and that is basically due to Benitez's tactics, not his rotation policy. From my point of view, rotation is a must in the premiership, and it is wise that Benitez actually keeps Luis Garcia fresh for Champion's League games, because he is by and large Liverpool's european talisman, much like what Totti was for Roma in their domestic campaign. I propose that Benitez scrap Sami Hyypiabecause his response time is rapidly deteriorating with age. He's no Sheringham or Gary Speed. Agger and Paletta should get more first team action. Secondly, Gerrard should return to becoming a complete central midfielder to complement Xabi Alonso, who by now should have been the successor to Pirlo as the next "deep" midfield playmaker. Liverpool should play defensively away with their midfield anchored in their own half and let Kuyt and Bellamy more space to run, because that's what Bellamy's good at. At home, Crouch should pair up with Kuyt to spearhead the attack. Lastly, buy a replacement for Steve Finnan because he is the only right back that Liverpool has.