Mass Produced Mayhem

FrostyFoster

(This takes place before Gundam Generation)

"Aaaaand time!"

GM.jpg.20e59c4af2ed66b0788fea24b36ce1a3.jpg

A Daughtress went out in a blaze as a blue beam pierced the belly of the machine. The GM Rush had shot down it's final opponent, ending the mission. Normally a Diver would be excited about whatever prize they'd get, but not Ryu Zero. This was his 27th attempt at the mission, hoping to improve his time on the leader board. The scrawny player sped through the menu, noticing a time of 73.4 seconds. Ryu, who was know in GBN's main lobby, slammed his fist on the front table, catching a couple glances from concerned divers. "HOW THE HELL DID HE FINISH IT FASTER THAN THAT?!" He screamed as he looked at the current record holder.

CARTER LEE

ZAKU FORERUNNER

68.9 seconds

"Every. Single. Time." He uttered, opting to go down one of the nearby hallways away from others. "I don't even know the guy!" It was that moment when an idea popped into the diver's head. Once again pulling open his menu, he found the other player. "Hmm. Doesn't look that tough." He immediately got to work, creating a request for Carter. "We'll fight in space. No asteroids, no debris, nothing!" He pressed down the button for the fight offer. "Just my GM vs his Zaku!"

Edited by FrostyFoster
  • Like 2

Carter was lounging in the hangar of the main lobby, since it was a place that players could see each others builds, talk shop about upgrades, and lounge around in their cockpit, he was checking the marketplace on one monitor, while the other was fixated on the leaderboards, for speed of course. “Hmm..” he thought to himself “Should i get the pet Elemechu?.. its expensive, though..” he thought. 

He saw a score pop up on the leaderboard and raised an eyebrow “73.4..” he said to himself “What slowed him down?.. hmm..” he was thinking pretty intently before he got a ping, and a request for a PVP battle “Huh?- Thats the same guy”.

Carter hovered over the ignore button, before a thought came into his head, fighting him would let him see his set up, and it could help him train his aim too “Alright, guy.. lets do it”. Carter smiled and then accepted the fight, the countdown started.. Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six...

• Like 2

Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

At that moment, Ryu was transported to one of the space levels. The battleground was closer to the Earth than expected, but no debris or other objects were in sight. "This'll work." He thought while staring at the monitor. A blue Zaku floated opposite of the GM, almost waiting for someone to start the battle. "You won't beat me here." The diver uttered as he opened up the comms to the opposing Gunpla. 

"Carter Lee!" Ryu yelled out. "You may have some of the best time records in GBN, but I REALLY want to see how well you battle others." His tone was more mellow, making it seem more like a friendly brawl than petty revenge. The GM pointed it's beam rifle at the blue Gunpla. "I'll prove to you how fast I am!" The rest of the GM's movements were a blur. The mobile suit moved in all sorts of different directions as it fired at the Zaku, hoping to get closer to the machine while its pilot was distracted. With no G-Forces, Ryu could focus entirely on destroying his combatant while the red Gunpla jerked around.

• Like 2

“Damn- he’s really going for it!” Carter tried to track him as best he could, but he figured out quickly just how difficult that would be, he clicked his tongue and raised his shield as he turned his thrusters on “Lemme show you a little something then!” He said over comms, he quickly dropped altitude and started cruising around at high speeds, matching the pace of the red blur, trading pot shots with it as they streaked across space. 

Carter looked at the monitors, he wasn’t that good at PVP.. well, at all.. but he had lots of practice when it came to general combat, if he was gonna win this.. then he’d have to be careful!

Carter swapped weapons out, he quickly went to a full stop as he drew his bazooka, leading the shot carefully and.. “Fire!” He declared, letting loose a fast flying missile towards his opponent!

• Like 1

The bazooka's missile shot out faster than Ryu had expected, not giving him much time to take it out. Luckily, the GM had more than just it's beam rifle. As he fired the GM's shoulder cannons, the destroyed missiles blast sent Ryu flying away. "Come on, get steady!" He yelled while the red gunpla tumbled through the depths of the Earth Sphere. Pulling forward on all of his engines, the diver attempted to regain his balance, opting to put away his beam rifle on the waist instead of continued fire. 

Many of the boosters pushed him around, but he soon got in position to strike. "Alright then. Let's get personal!" The GM blasted back to the Zaku, pulling out one of the two beam sabers inside of it's shield. Ryu ignited the pink sword, striking diagonally down at his blue foe. "Just try and dodge this!"

Carter clicked his tongue as the rocket he shot got taken down “Good reflexes, he’s good” He said to himself, though he wasn’t idly speaking.. he was preparing his next strike, stowing away the bazooka as he stayed within range of his tumbling opponent, he wanted to capitalize; he started to aim his arm mounted vulcan guns, but..

”He righted himself?- that quickly?!” He was surprised, he didn’t know someone could do that in such a manner, especially in PVP. 

He saw his opponent start dashing at him, he was new to PVP but.. he wasn’t gonna run off “I’ll accept that challenge head on!” He said, drawing his heat sword and dashing to meet his opponent! “Take this!” He swung diagonally upwards, the two machines met close up as sparks flew off the clashing weaponry!

A Blue Zaku, and a Red GM.. they were like two ace pilots meeting in the middle of the One Year War. 

• Like 1

The speed of the two Diver's and their Gunpla was nothing to scoff at. As the OYW machines connected their blades, Ryu intended to fire his shoulder cannons once again, but a problem arose. "Damn! The angle!" He yelled while attempted to point the extra weapons. He'd be firing at nothing, an undamaged Zaku head being the only thing between the two shots.

"Come on then! Let's see how you handle this speed!" WIth the flick of the GM's wrist, Ryu's second beam saber ignited. The heat sword was winning, causing the diver to create an X-shape with the pink blades in order to defend himself. However, that wasn't his speedy trick...

Ryu pushed hard on both joysticks of the machine, bringing him and Carter farther from the Earth Sphere. With the assault being commenced, Ryu hoped that the heat blade would wear out due to pressure.

Carter clicked his tongue and tried to think fast, after he pulled the second beam saber he knew that his heat blade was gonna lose out, though.. that wasn't his only melee weapon! Carter let himself get pushed back away from earth, before suddenly swinging his heat blade up and away, letting go of it completely “Let’s scrap!” He shouted as one of the Zaku’s shoulder spikes popped off, he grabbed onto it like a knuckle duster and threw a huge uppercut to his opponents torso. 

He glanced at the monitors to the side, it would be bad if he stayed in close.. but those shoulder cannons would be equally annoying to deal with, he grit his teeth and bit the bullet. Connect or not.. after that punch, he was gonna boost backwards to gain some distance!

• Like 1

"Ooo-ah..." Ryu's mobile suit was no G Gundam, but it really seemed like he felt that uppercut. The spike hit the Torso HARD, sending the entire machine away from the blue Zaku. "Man, gotta get my bearings together." The Diver uttered, shaking his head as he grasped the controls. Looking at each of the monitors, he couldn't find his beam saber, likely lost somewhere in the far reaches of the map. Watching the Zaku attempt to gain some distance, he waited for his time to strike.

"Now!" Pulling out the beam rifle off the Gunpla's waist, he erratically fired it, along with the two shoulder cannons. "Let's add the vulcans too. Why not?" Pink beams and bullets blasted to the Zeon machine, hoping to make their mark.

Carter congratulated himself for the slick escape, not realizing he had just put himself in even more danger, he returned the shoulder spike back onto his.. shoulder, and turned around, ready to fire on his enemy- But what met him instead was a barrage of beams, bullets, and missiles “Ah man!” He raised his shield to block it but got sent flying back, the damage it caused broke the shield, but luckily the arm mounted Vulcan guns were intact. 

“Helluva barrage..” he said, floating there, he decided to draw his machine gun and start firing back while moving erratically, his machine moved in complex patterns, sudden diagonals, quick turns, even doubling back before moving forward suddenly to vary the times which his shots would land 

“Ha! This the best you’ve got?!” Ryu yelled as he began to match the patterns, but flaws started to arise, calling for drastic measures. “That’s it! It’s time for this charade to end.” The red GM tossed aside its shield as Ryu fires every thruster on the unit. The Federation Gunpla blasted in the general direction of the enemy Zaku, pulling out both of its beam sabers.

”Come on Carter! I’ll-“ BOOM! The right side of his monitor began to blare red. “What?” The GM’s right leg had blown off at the knee, sending it flying behind him. At that moment, the left arm completely shattered under the intense pressure. “Oh please no.” By the time he had made it too the blue mobile suit, his Gunpla was only a head and torso, now slowly floating towards the Zaku. “Aw man...”

Carter grabbed his shoulder spike once more and was preparing to catch his opponent with another strike, “Ora!-“ though, he stopped and held himself back as he saw his opponents Gunpla fall apart at the joints, when he saw the torso and head float over.. he didn’t know how to react.. for a bit. 
Carter put the shoulder spike away and floated over to his opponent, catching him “Whoa- uhh.. are you okay?” He asked over comms

• Like 1

Ryu was shocked by the other Diver's actions. "Oh. I'm honestly shocked you didn't go for the kill." He stated as the GM was held in the Zaku's arms. "Honestly, I've been having issues with the thrusters on my unit." He looked around as the warnings kept blaring. "I think it has something to do with the build quality." Ryu thought about the other speedrunner, realizing that he'd have good advice. "I'd say you've won this battle, but could you actually give me some tips on fixing that?"

“It wouldn’t feel right to have gone for the kill in this situation..” Carter said, he looked kinda confused when he was suddenly asked for advice, he rubbed his chin and thought about it “Well.. its most likely loose joints right? Depending on the kit you use.. Take some clear or black nail varnish and coat the polycaps or joint with them, it should thicken it up so that when you put it back in the socket itll be a better fit” Carter thought that should do it, since thats what he used before 

• Like 1

"Huh. I guess I should try that!" The two floated in the middle of the battlefield, but no battle was currently being held...

The GM Rush blasted forward as it stabbed the last blue Zeon unit. The mobile suit crashed to the ground, creating dust all around him. "And time!" Ryu yelled out as the GM ignited its thrusters, now no longer flawed thanks to his new friend. Being brought back to the main lobby, the diver checked the score of the mission.

RYU ZERO

GM RUSH

58.6 seconds

Ryu didn't jump for joy or freak out. He simply smiled, knowing that he got that score with the help of Carter.

FIN