[Recruitment] Referees Wanted

Valiant

Due to time constraints, a couple of our existing referees are unable to commit their time to help officiate the Destiny league matches. If you think that you have what it takes to be a referee of the Coliseum, please fill in the following questions and post in this thread.

1. State your past experience in MW battles.

2. What makes you capable of being a referee?

3. Name three characteristics you have that makes you a good referee. Please provide at least one example for each.

4. How often can you post if you are officiating a match?

• 2 weeks later...

I think that I'd like to be a referee so I'll kick off this thing.

1) I've had one experience with a MW battle way back in October against Rad.  The outcome was a loss on my part. Here's the link

2) I think I'd make a capable referee because I make unbiased opinions and base them, at least when it comes to roleplaying here on AD, on the SEED universe.  I try to be relatively scientific in my approach to everything so my decisions in all areas of life are usually based upon the facts, though I'm not afraid to operate outside of them either.

3) I'm capable, I've sat down and done my homework on the Gundam SEED universe and I feel that I know my stuff when it comes to MW weapons, armor, and capabilities.  I'm focused, I'm objectively driver which means that my only objective is to officiate the match; I'm not here to make friends so I'll make decisions based purely on reason.  Finally, I'm up for having some fun.  I feel like being a referee would be a lot of fun for me and that it would be a great way for me to contribute to the Advent Destiny Community.

4) I can post every day, at least once a day, if I'm officiating a match.

Hm.  Why not.

1.  I participated in this battle that ended in my defeat in briefly in another battle in which I was DQ'ed since I was unable to respond on time due to RL obligations.

2. I make every attempt to be impartial and I detest unsportsmanlike Role-Playing. (e.g. God-modding)  I tend to do 'my homework' regarding various Mobile Weapons, their capabilities, and armaments to understand the ranges of their abilities. 

3. I'm unbiased.  It doesn't matter if an RP battle involves relative newbies or veterans that I'm more familiar with, I do not favor one side or another based on who they are.  I'll remain focused on the occupation of playing a referree.  And yeah, this is another way I can continue to contribute to AD.

4.  I usually can post once a day, but for those times I cannot, I try my best to inform the required parties beforehand.

• 1 month later...

1. State your past experience in MW battles.

waa... such a hard question already past experiences... back in SeedRpg i have participated in various batles won few lost few. also fought in simulator battles as part of the training schedule

2. What makes you capable of being a referee?

unbiased, knowledgable in most types of ms/ mw in the cosmic era as well as afterwar, uc eras.

3. Name three characteristics you have that makes you a good referee. Please provide at least one example for each.

unbiased- my rule is only based on what is happening in the arena as they say there are no friends on the battlefield

determined- once i start i'll take it till the end

also helps make the forum more active and lively

4. How often can you post if you are officiating a match?

i'm on almost everyday... so i can post at least once a day. but if i'm away i'll inform the guys involved as well as finding a substitiue ref in my place to not disrupt the flow of the battle

• 1 month later...

1.) Participated in a number of PC vs. NPC battles on SeedRPG, plus a nice fight against Falco (that was retconned out, sadly). I've also fought in a Coliseum match, along with a number of battles on other Gundam RPG sites using both UC and CE tech (including one battle which was UC vs. CE o.0). Examples can be given on request.

2.) I'm very familiar with the mechanics of the various weapons and special systems found on the MS and ships of the Cosmic Era, and tend to make sure I research the capabilities of mobile suits I would face in a fight or, in this case, referee fights for.

3.) A.) I'm rather unbiased. I'm not about to favor someone depending on any past I have with that member. If someone breaks a rule, I'd call them on it. Besides, when we come down to it, it's just a game.

B.) I always keep my cool in a debate. If a disagreement were to come up between me and a Coliseum fighter over a ruling, I can step back a make a logical and analytical argument based on the facts. I also have a fair sense of when such an argument is worthwhile and when it's time to either enforce my ruling or take to the higher-ups.

C.) As previously mentioned, I do my best to know the facts and stats pertinent to a fight. The weapons, systems, and limitations are all things I consider to be vitally important to keep in mind, as they determine what maneuvers are possible in any given mobile suit.

4.) At the very least, I check in on a daily basis, and could post as needed on that basis.