Hair color debate

Vanguardian

*Sigh* I understand that already (since that's probably the basic idea of gene modification), so I thought you would understand what I'm posting above as well. If we put in the terms of being 'natural', Coordinators are probably the most unnatural things to exist, since their genes and possibly other parts of the body (assumption) are modified to begin with. That's what makes them "stronger" in comparison with the Naturals.

If this satisfies the people in charge, I'm not pressuring for a change for the need of a strange hair color for characters. I'm simply stating my own view, and whether the rule can be changed is up to you guys.

My point is, why don't you see one in real life?

They have glow in the dark orchid. How do they do it? They take the gene from a firefly and put it into an orchid. Same goes for the glow in the dark mice.

You need to understand how genetic modification works.

Wait, wait, wait. Glow in the dark mice?

Do they create two enzymes to glow like fireflies, or what? (I know this is off-topic, but I've neve heard of this before.)

EDIT: I just remembered something. On a microscopic level, hair has the exact same cell structure as scales. Feathers also have identical cell structure; basically, a composite of tiny scales. So it would not be impossible to take pigment from scales and/or feathers for any hair colour.

Edited by Guest

Well, to be fair, lots of the science crap in Gundam would never work.

I see no reason why manipulating genes to create specific haircolors would be disallowed, seeing as how a lot of characters in SEED actually have fairly weird hair colors that seem to be their natural ones.

Nicole and Yzak sharing their parent's hair is one example.

Thing is, the only thing this RP is being similar to SEED is that it is set in Cosmic Era. Otherwise, we're UC-nizing it/whatever.

I just remebered a thing, if this board is some kind of tribute to UC...even people in UC itself have stragely coloured hair...

People must remember that the gundam series has always tried to maintain at least some sense of realism, which is why it never faired that well when it first came out. Eventually people liked the realistic take on giant mecha battling, and gundam became what it is today. At Advent Destiny, we strive to maintain that ideal in homage to the gundam series, as well as to prevent people from going over the top with their characters.

Explain why people like Camille have blue hair then, if you said this place serve to be like UC Gundam.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, but remember that Coordinators are still genetically equal to Naturals, save that they are pretty much always at the top of their game.  If their hair was made from feathers then they would be that much farther away from Naturals, and I doubt that many people would want a head full of feathers just to have blue hair.  Also, I've seen both naturals and coordinators with weird hair colors (The druggies all had weird hair, and they were pretty much naturals save for the drug addiction), so unless we are assuming that naturals have feather hair too, it would be best to think that they just dyed it.

Finally, remember that while the Gundam series has some level of realism, it is still an anime, and the hair color of characters is not a reflection of the technology of their society, but just the character designer's way to make Athrun look more bad-ass  .  We strive for realism with our RP, so dying our character's hair is a simple method to go about doing that, and it doesn't even have to bring that much change to the way you play your character.  Besides, Valiant has already put his metaphorical foot down on the subject I believe, but I do appreciate the level of study some of you have put into the debate