Re: Don't write if you're illiterate

Valiant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was some pretty...impressive piece of writing. I don't think I could ever come up with a wondrous piece of work like that in a thousand years.

Seriously speaking, I've gained a little resistance to this kind of thing, since I was asked to spell and grammar check several essays of my friends in a week during secondary school, but imagine 40 similar scripts like that coming in to you if you're a teacher....It's worse than the death row.

Regarding Chinese...Shouldn't we start a thread on languages and the like instead? I thought it could be more appropriate.

• 3 weeks later...

Haih...

BACK TO THE OFF-TOPICS!

Yes, my Chinese sucks.  I can't understand songs or anything, only guess what people are saying from my limited vocab, and make sign language+a limited vocab to tell them what I want.    Go me!

Wow...and I thought I did fanfiction bad...

PS: It sounds like a Singo.  No offense to all the admins, but yeah.  I mean, there's no "I saw a big monster it had a big fat ass la" but just...I dunno.  It sounds like bad ESL Singlo.    No diss!  I swear!

Ohh...

Sorry la...I dunno, I only go Singapore to visit family.  Though there's a lot of Chinese Singlos and Malays where I am...

I use Simplified in my poor attempts to write...

Well, if it's Trad, then it's usually a watchamacall it HK person, 'cause they're the ones that usually use Trad, aye?

The pure writer within me has just now taken a pen, and gouged his eyes out, set himself on fire, lept into very flammable acid, slit his wrists, bashed his head against a wall, called a biker Richard Simmons, insulted the opposing teams at an Irish soccer match, lept out of a tall building, before dying reading Jar-Jar Binks' autobiography.

I have to admit, it takes skill to write that badly. Seriously, I couldn't do that badly if I tried...