Universal Century RP planning

Valiant

We are still a little short of the minimum number of players but let's kick start the discussions. With something concrete, we might be able to attract more players to join in.

Here's the roster based on the interest check thread:

1. Valiant
  2. @Acidic
  3. @Saigō_Slade
  4. @FrostyFoster

Timeline

We have a rather large range of times to choose from. I will use the standard Gundam Canon as the reference for what's the canon timeline we are looking at. We can set the RP between or during these following conflicts. I have added my comments regarding the times.

• Pre-OYW - primitive mecha, but there's the Zeon rise and internal conflict
  • One Year War - Federation vs Zeon; In-fighting between the Zabis
  • Post-OYW - Gryps Conflict, Titans vs AEUG vs Zeon remnants vs Axis Zeon <-- this throws the conflict wide open, especially if Axis comes in earlier.
  • First Neo Zeon War - AEUG vs Axis Zeon
  • Between the Neo Zeon Wars - we can remove Char and have Neo Zeon regroup under a different leader, perhaps one that isn't bent on causing nuclear winter, but what fun is there?
  • Second Neo Zeon War - Londo Bell vs Neo Zeon <-- given that this conflict is also known as Char's Rebellion, it's hard to cover this without him as a central figure.
  • LaPlace Incident - Mecha is too advanced and I would prefer not to do this.

Alternatively, instead of starting from a point in time and then overwriting the events that happened after, we can do side stories that go along with the main timelines. Doing so would open up a lot of opportunities to go parallel with the events, with canon events acting as progression points we can move along. Thoughts?

Maybe we can share our UC familiarity to see what's the better place to set the RP in.

1. Valiant - MSG to CCA, Unicorn
  2. Acidic - MSG to CCA
  3. Saigo
  4. Frosty

I am very familiar with UC. I've seen everything from MSG to Unicorn multiple times.

I think doing side stories that go along with the main timeline might be easier, but the "What If" stuff where canon events change might be more fun. I'm new to this stuff, so whatever everyone else decides on, I'll be fine with.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FrostyFoster said:

I am very familiar with UC. I've seen everything from MSG to Unicorn multiple times.

I think doing side stories that go along with the main timeline might be easier, but the "What If" stuff where canon events change might be more fun. I'm new to this stuff, so whatever everyone else decides on, I'll be fine with.

Yeah it'll be more fun with original content, but it also needs to be relatively easy for new players to join and integrate. We just need to weigh the pros and cons. I'd love to hear what the others on the list think.

18 hours ago, FrostyFoster said:

I think we should do side stories during the One Year War. A lot happened during it and I think it would easy for new players to create their own Federation or Zeon squads. 

I vote for an Arctic side story. Mostly because I'm trapped in the snow. Was there fighting in Russia and/or Alaska during the OYW?

1 hour ago, Acidic said:

I vote for an Arctic side story. Mostly because I'm trapped in the snow. Was there fighting in Russia and/or Alaska during the OYW?

That'd be fun! There was fighting in the colder climates during the OYW, it just doesn't get shown a lot. This is the only clip that involves winter fighting.

An Arctic side story would be great to RP because there wouldn't be much interference from other things that happened during the OYW. I vote for this too.

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2019 at 12:39, FrostyFoster said:

Maybe we can do canon changes after the OYW ends if people want to.

There's a lot of room during Gryps Conflict and the First Neo Zeon War to play with.

My suggestion is to do post Gryps Conflict. Here's an idea: the Earth Federation recovering from internal strife with the downfall of Titans. Neo Zeon drops a colony on Dublin and begins a full scale invasion of Earth. Meanwhile, Titans remnants continue to engage AEUG forces.

19 hours ago, Valiant said:

Neo Zeon drops a colony on Dublin and begins a full scale invasion of Earth.

Change it to Kansas. I hate that place. 

19 hours ago, Valiant said:

There's a lot of room during Gryps Conflict and the First Neo Zeon War to play with.

That sounds like it could work! I'd like an interesting environment (Arctic, Desert, Tropical Islands, my mom's house) to add onto that because most of the Gundam series I've watched touch and go on Earth (I know about the spin offs I just haven't watched them). 

On 03/03/2019 at 09:48, FrostyFoster said:

It's been a little quiet here... 

We are active on Discord. Come join the discussion there.

On 23/02/2019 at 13:00, FrostyFoster said:

Have we decided yet if we'll diverge from canon, or if we'll just do side stories?

We'll go from the start of Neo Zeon War

Let's get this going. With the Earth Federation reeling from the destruction of the Titans, the AEUG forces had to deal with the Zeon presence in the Earth Sphere. We will start with AEUG and Neo Zeon as playable factions.

Here's the brief directions for the factions. More details will be supplied to the factions later on.

AEUG - wants to establish peace between the Earth and Spacenoids in the Earth Sphere

Neo Zeon - wants to regain Zeon territories and unite Spacenoids in the Earth Sphere

Choose your sides:

1. Valiant - Neo Zeon
  2. @Roromi - Earth Federation attached to AEUG? This is based on your feedback on Discord
  3. @Acidic
  4. @Saigō_Slade
  5. @FrostyFoster

Please help to spread word of this RP so we can have more players to make this RP grow.