Flay Allster...Sadistic?

Makoto24

So I was re-watching I think it was episode 12 of Gundam Seed last night, and I realized how sadistic Flay became.  At first I just hated her because she was annoying, and in the Manga she isn't that bad at all, but in the show...lets just say i was a little weirded out. Does anybody share the same sentiments?

I dunno, after rewatching some of SEED, and looking through the manga again, I found that Flay wasn't that half bad a character.  It sucked that she didn't get enough chances to show her true personality only because the series is centered more on the war and Athrun and Kira's struggles.  I mean, at first she is thankful to Kira and generally kind to him, if aloof to his struggles at being a Coordinator surrounded by Naturals.  Then that changes to wanting to manipulate him; as she believed he didn't try hard enough to save her father.  But you have to wonder when exactly did she stop wanting to manipulate him, as it seems clear enough by the end of the series that she cared for him.

I don't think she's ever done anything that I would classify as Sadistic.  Evil & manipulative, yes, but not sadistic. 

ah. yea i see your point.  Like in episode...11 she was holding that little girls hand saying "Yes we need him to kill them all" in a...well evil tone, and almost crushed the poor girls hand.

Then she goes and sleeps with him...that was manipulation, but yes i dont know where she actually started to LIKE him instead of use him.

I think I used  this phrase in my signature before...

' If the one you love is killed, and you hate the murderer…And murders must be punished. '

It's the basic though pattern for many in the series. Athrun and Nicol's death, Patrick Zala and his Wife's Death, Murrue Ramius and Mwu's death,  Shinn with his  family's death/Stellar's death.

Though I think I liked her as a character for actually being helpless and then using Kira still. She was going to pilot the Strike once Kira was going to leave, so it was better this way. I didn't hate her as a character once I understood her xD

Fllay definitely is... well slightly sadistic, emotionally speaking, and very... well manipulative.  Though she does seem to get better as the show goes on, most notably after she obtains some emotional and physical distance from Kira and has time to think about what a horrible person she is.

My personal feelings on her are indifferent, while she is bad for being ridiculously manipulative she does reconcile her problems not long after Kira breaks up with her and as the show progresses she becomes much more thoughtful... though I still dislike her for how she acted when the show started.  Actually, scratch my emotional indifference, I don't like Fllay Alster at all.

I didn't used to hate her, but after watching her in the show...i just wish she was never drawn. lol.  But she had one of the most evil laughs i have heard in a while.  In episode 16 she was lying in bed when Kira had to go to the Strike, and she just started to laugh...evil like...it was disturbing, and she was crying when she was laughing so I kinda had the "wtf?" face on. heh.

Probably has something to do with character complexities. Obviously she feels distressed about something, yet joyful that she had gotten her way.

With the apparent way she acts, I don't think it would be nastily inaccurate to say that she's been spoilt to a greater extent than the average teen. She is, after all, the daughter of an important man. In a way, her reaction is akin to showing glee in getting what she wants, only in a morbid manner.

I recall having a thread a while back somewhere in the forum...