Detailed Questions

James Hawke

I think this is the proper forum to ask a couple of detailed questions because this is in preparation I understand that all of the answers to the questions will not be answered quickly or can’t be answer:

1) Are we going to have the technological limitations of the time we are playing? 

a. What I mean for this question is that for example if we start playing on CE 71, then EA can’t have mobile suit until CE 72.  That means that Zaft can’t start with Gouff.  The advantages with this is that it seems more real and avoid the mismatch of a mobious MA against a Zaku Gouff, the disadvantage that is a drag to wait a while to get decent MS

2) Is there going to be a rank system?

a. Are we using the leader/pilot system for simplicity sake, or are we going to use a realistically military rank system with ranks like Capt/ Lt

3) Are we going to be independent or squadron oriented?

a. What I mean for this is that in big battles for simplicity sake people are assigned to squads instead of having a bunch of people attacking disorderly and most of your game play revolves around your squad like a similar military.  More details about this type feel free to ask me.

4) Are initial MS/MA are assigned or requested?

a. Assigned seems more realistically because military doesn’t give state of the art machines to unproven, you start with crappy and work yourself up

5) How do we know that our char got approved?

6) Are we regulated under a point system for the MA/MS stats or we use common sense

a. When we post do we have to post our stats of the MA/MS ex. speed and stuff like that or use common sense that Freedom is faster than Guinn

This is some questions that I had and I could not find the answer in the rulebooks. 

I think this is the proper forum to ask a couple of detailed questions because this is in preparation I understand that all of the answers to the questions will not be answered quickly or can’t be answer:

1) Are we going to have the technological limitations of the time we are playing? 

a. What I mean for this question is that for example if we start playing on CE 71, then EA can’t have mobile suit until CE 72.  That means that Zaft can’t start with Gouff.  The advantages with this is that it seems more real and avoid the mismatch of a mobious MA against a Zaku Gouff, the disadvantage that is a drag to wait a while to get decent MS

2) Is there going to be a rank system?

a. Are we using the leader/pilot system for simplicity sake, or are we going to use a realistically military rank system with ranks like Capt/ Lt

3) Are we going to be independent or squadron oriented?

a. What I mean for this is that in big battles for simplicity sake people are assigned to squads instead of having a bunch of people attacking disorderly and most of your game play revolves around your squad like a similar military.  More details about this type feel free to ask me.

4) Are initial MS/MA are assigned or requested?

a. Assigned seems more realistically because military doesn’t give state of the art machines to unproven, you start with crappy and work yourself up

5) How do we know that our char got approved?

6) Are we regulated under a point system for the MA/MS stats or we use common sense

a. When we post do we have to post our stats of the MA/MS ex. speed and stuff like that or use common sense that Freedom is faster than Guinn

This is some questions that I had and I could not find the answer in the rulebooks. 

The storyline will be posted up soon so that would answer some of your questions.

So I'll jump to the faction system.

That'll be determined by the faction leaders. It is up to the leaders how they want to run their faction.

MW are assigned.

Your character gets approved when it is moved to the character library.

The MW system will be unveiled at a later date.

MW submission need to follow the MW submission template.

• 2 weeks later...

First question: Yes, someone already made up a profile with his char linking to Blue Cosmos remnants, I think.  No to the second question...that's a bit of a god-mod, hence the reason why canon characters or any relations to them are prohibited.

Third question:  Probably...but at some very distance point in the RP, which hasn't started yet.