Pilot Academy Questions/Clarrifications

evo_Sieg

I'd like to ask (though this may be a dumb question to some, anyways...)

I would like to ask a question about RPing int he academy. Lets say I'm in a civillian district somewhere in the RP (ORB, Plants, whatever...) and want to attend the academy. Do I have to go back to base in order to attend the academy or is this an "alternate universe", where the RPing done in the boards is different from those in the academy?

The faction leaders will choose PA candidates?  Well, someone should edit that last post in the PA Guide section so no one else gets confused because that's not what it says there. 

So, if the faction leaders choose who gets in, how do you get their attention? 

Also, is there a quota that limits the number of applicants at a time?

And is it possible to fail the Academy?  If so, how many chances do you get?

If you're able to pass the Academy, can you request a certain MS/MA or at least give a list of preferences (of course we're talking about mass produced models and not Gundams)? 

Valentine talked about Field and Combat training. What are they both about, generally?

I do seem to get the idea that timeline isn't an issue here, though, so we shouldn't be referring back to our characters in any accumulated history for the role playing.

Aside from that, what nature would these classes take? simple role playing?

Thanks.

The faction leaders will choose PA candidates?  Well, someone should edit that last post in the PA Guide section so no one else gets confused because that's not what it says there. 

I apologise for my mistake. The faction leaders will ultimately choose who they want to send for training. We would be setting up the money system proper and by then the faction would have to pay the training fees for each member they send to the pilot academy.

You can apply via your faction leader but if you are good enough, they will appoint you even though you did not apply.

So, if the faction leaders choose who gets in, how do you get their attention? 

Role play well.

Also, is there a quota that limits the number of applicants at a time?

There will be no quota on the number of applicants but there will be a limit on the number of students enrolled in the school.

And is it possible to fail the Academy?  If so, how many chances do you get?

It is possible to fail the Academy. The number of chances you will get depends on your faction's willingness to spend more money to keep you in the Academy.

If you're able to pass the Academy, can you request a certain MS/MA or at least give a list of preferences (of course we're talking about mass produced models and not Gundams)? 

You can list preferences but the faction leaders will be the ones issuing the Mobile Weapons. They will have to procure the MWs so it is up to them to see who they think is worthy to pilot the MWs.

Valentine talked about Field and Combat training. What are they both about, generally?

That will be revealed once people start to go through the courses.

I do seem to get the idea that timeline isn't an issue here, though, so we shouldn't be referring back to our characters in any accumulated history for the role playing.

It isn't. This is an alternate universe with no relations to the main RP storyline at all.

Aside from that, what nature would these classes take? simple role playing?

Simple role playing of MW handling as well as various miscellaneous events to test the players. More will be revealed as you go through the classes.