Re: Star Trek VS. star wars

OPA

Its not too hard, really. If you noticed, most of the strongest Jedi don't focus purely on the light. They are usually quite grey. Mace Windu with Vaapad, Revan are a few examples. And I would state Jacen, though his storyline disgusts <_<

Yoda's small and fast. His strength with the force is also commendable.

But also remember that he is still very, very old. Everything ages and dies. Everything slows down and dies. And in the end, Yoda gets outclassed anyway. Rofl.

Yes, so imagine how slick Yoda would have been in his prime?

Ok, there's way too much SW love going on here; time for a real show....Star Trek!!!:D

Star Trek was a turning point in tv history; during the time it was launched, everything was all westerns and dark toned shows that reflected more real life stuff.  Star Trek came along and showed a future where things weren't so bad, giving the human race a future.  (On a side note, Gene Roddenberry lied to the studios, he told them that Star Trek would be more a Western in space...if not for that little white lie, there would have been no Star Trek.)

Then came along Star Trek: The Next Generation (and Patrick Stewart ) probably tied right up there with the original series for its fame; further carrying on the Enterprises mission of exploration.  I believe that it's the idea of exploration that captured its fans (at least it did me).

Yoda's lightsaber form is mostly athletic rather than attacking or defending, its a nice mix between the two different styles, Form 4

Anakin Skywalker uses the aggressive style of lightsaber combat, aka Form 5

Obi Warn uses the evasive style of combat, or defensive style, aka Form 3

Count Dooku uses the dueling method, Form 2

Form 1 is for newbie Jedi, eg: Younglings.

Form 6 is for Jedi who prefer to study the force over fighting, I can't think of an example Jedi.

Form 7 is Vaapad as Valiant said is used by Mace Windu; it brings the user to the edge of the Lightside (towards the Darkside) and thus hard to use, but is a strong form

Anyone loved him when he was a Borg?

Oh YEAH!!!!!  When he came up at the end of "Best of Both Worlds pt.1" saying, "I am Locutus of Borg".  That was like....ha yeah!

Really did like the First Contact movie, that would probably have to be one of the best Star Trek films -at least for next gen.

"New Jedi Order" was a GREAT storyline...Vergere was annoying, but quite amusing, I thought...her brief conversations with Luke were particularly enlightening.

And Tsavong Lah was pathetic. Nom Anor was too, but he was at least tolerable.

Kinda ironic how Jacen used to be the philosophical one who was most careful about straying too close to the Dark Side, back before Myrkr(sp?)

And now he's like Vader, but even more powerful. And he's still a complete human being.

I'm actually really, really looking forward to seeing how that storyline("Legacy of the Force") plays out. It really is frightening how much like Anakin Skywalker he's turning out to be. I wonder if his marriage will have the same unhappy end his grandfather's did...I hope not, for Jacen's sake as much as for his family's.

Speaking of which, love how old Han Solo's pushing seventy and still kicking arse.

The guy who really got the short end of the stick in the "Legacy of the Force" series is Boba Fett. Can't wait to hear from him again either.

SW rocks.