PLANT's

XxBRICKSTERxX

First of all, this might have been better if it was in the help or pointless chatter section, but I'll leave that to the admins to figure out (gotta love being a moderator, all the respect but none of the responsibility    ).  Now, on to answering your question:

the L-4 stands for "Lagrange point 4".  Lagrange points are lines of orbit that objects of a set mass can follow, with respect to the earth.  A good analogy would be to compare the earth and the PLANTs to the Sun and the planets of our solar system; the PLANTs can rotate around the earth at certain points, and the Planets orbit around the Sun in just the same manner.  If a PLANT was knocked out off of its Lagrange point, then it would either spiral outwards into the endlessness of space, or inwards towards the earth  (for those that have seen Gundam SEED Destiny, think of the 'Break the World' incident )

Each PLANT is an hour glass shaped colony. The settlements are at the each end and they rotate around each other to generate the artificial gravity. Ten PLANTs are joined together to form a PLANT city. There are twelve cities, each named after a month in the calendar. Each PLANT city is sort of like a nation and these twelve cities are under the governance of the Supreme PLANT Council.

I hope that helps.

You know what I don't get from the Gundam Official site, why did they say "roughly 120" when talking about the number of colonies?  Do you think they said that because some were destroyed?

For RP purposes, how do you think we can make use of all the PLANT sections?  I mean, since there's a section for each colony, it'd be nice to see each of them have some posts eventually; but spreading out the action would be very tricky.

(On a side note, there never seemed to be that many colonies in the show so I was suprised when I read the total amount.)

If you are concerned about what Gundam Official has to say, why not email them and ask them? I believe they refer to Junius Seven being destroyed. But since they did not specify the reason, we give our own reason to justify the number that exists here in Advent Destiny for reference sake.

As for the PLANT sections, we only have a board for each city, not each colony so it would not matter too much. There will be posts to fill them up eventually