Re: Filipino iStandby

evo_Sieg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know we could just buy those local donuts on those local bakeries out there. There much cheeper at P3.00 per piece, they can be very satisfying already.

hhhmmm... Parokya ni Edgar, Kamikazee...thats all I can think off...

@Sieg

Atlast someone I know who feels same way on classical music.

Ribbed cracklings? I've never heard of that.... Oh! Kropek! That's the pinoy term for it! I remember now. Personally I don't like kropek that much. The street food I like is fishballs with sweet-spicy sauce! Darn it I made myself hungry!

*Hears local fish ball guy a block from current position*

Wait a minute! My NeoG senses are tingling!!!

*runs out of the house to buy fish ball*

*returns with 10 pesos worth of freshly fried fish balls in a bowl with sweet-spicy sauce and a 1.5 litre bottle of coke*

OKay! I got some fish balls and coke! The perfect snack while watching anime'!

BTW I'm currently listening to Josh Groban, Maksim, Classical music, Urbandub, Stonefree, Parokya and Kamikazee

Nah neo, it's a snack by Beer Match. Although kropek is win for five pesos, too. But yeah, I'd rather have 5 pesos worth of fish balls.

I'd scarf down practically any kind of street food on a skewer, heh. Don't you just miss those days when a fish ball was fifty cents? I used to bring home platitos of the stuff. Kikiam is my other favorite, but it's slightly more expensive. Green Mangoes or Singkamas with bagoong is awesome, too.

Haha, I remember roaming around the subdivision with my friends, just trying out the barbecue from different places.

I was about to say Iced Candy, but once I figured out how to make my own (quite early in my youth), I kinda lost the craving for it.

Further parent-prodding shows that I can't leave Canada until '08, because I have to stay for three years in order to be a citizen.

When that time comes, I'll go on a massive foodtrip!

Haha, how could I forget those two! XD I've only had the chance to eat the Quail's egg quekquek, but they say there's a bigger one where they intentionally form the chicken embryo. >< Wonder how that turns out.

Dirty ice cream. Mhmm...

Goodness knows how much I've spent on those cheap little things.

Hahaha, nothing on the Filipino thread but food. Such gastronomes we are!

Edited by Guest

Hey Konig, GOMEN NASAI!!!!! NeoG and I are sorry we weren't able to come to the EB last Jan 20. A balik-bayan classmate of ours came and of course as gracious hosts we had to be his tour guides for the day, hehe... Just joking. The barkada beckoned that we go out and so we did, sorry! We'll try to join the next EB, ok?

Damn that was a good time! We toured our friend at SM Mall of Asia and then we went Karting! w00t! Jeebus, I never expected that karting would feel that good, DAMN! Instantly I was picking the best racing lines while I was going full throttle AND controlling my kart as I drifted through the corners, JEEBUS!!!

Well part of the reason both of you didn't came here is my bad connection. I couldn't connect for 5 days, so I wasn't able to inform you well on the EB. But rest assured there will be more EBs to come.

Now for some moments during the EB:

-I never felt so good after eating MOCF, or should I say OCF as the mango ingredient was never added. But still good to me.

-And there were also pizza and pizza and pizza and... oh yes, PIZZA. 5 frikin boxes coming from, YelowCab and PizzaHut. Did I forget to mention... pizza.

-I never knew that a 1.5 liter Coke would make a very beautiful fountain. Very stylish and elegant. (Coke + Mentos = Splash)

-And for 20 hours we played with my friends PS2. In those 20 hours we only played Soul Caliber 3 and Gundam Seed Destiny O.M.N.I. vs ZAFT Plus. But most of it was Gundam.

I have never felt so good each time I destroy the Destiny and Impulse Gundam. The feeling of killing Shinn is so sweet. It is even nicer if I destroy them using the Windams with 2 Nuclear launchers on them or (my favorite) Gundam Destroy with his triple breast positron cannons.

I can like wise say that we all both had a blast with or weekends. So Fuku, wish you were here.

MOCF! Errr... OCF! Yatta! That would have been heavenly, OVF!

5 freackin' boxes of freackin' pizza!?! If I were in the EB I would slap myself a lot just to make sure I wasn't in pig-out heaven! Hehe...

And lastly, Gundam Seed Destiny OMNI vs ZAFT, is that the one with all the mobile suits from Seed up to Destiny and including some from the Astray manga?

Jeebus, I wish we were able to make it to your EB. But then I could still feel the kart drifting beneath me while I wrestle the steering wheel and floor the throttle as I do a powerslide on the track. I swear, I've been bitten by the karting bug!

Lol, I'm kinda sick of pizza, because every single time I go to a party here, it's always pizza. >< One time, I thought "Doesn't anybody's mom make sopas for the guests anymore?" But then I remembered, there are no responsible adults in high school parties.

But damn, the "final boss of cheesecake", haha. That I wouldn't mind having. And games that aren't from North America that' isn't from Final Fantasy! The only kind of OMNI vs. ZAFT goodness I can find here is in the arcades, also known as the money pit. I pay twice the money for Maximume Tune!

And the only karting I ever experienced was the Go-Kart track in Subic Bay, lol.

Hmm, now I'm thinking that I should extend my future vacation stay there for about a week or two.

Well, for once maybe we shouldn't talk about food. So, today I present to you something that requires a little more thought:

Our National Fist; Why the hell is he "going into politics"?

How can somebody who NEVER ONCE BEFORE showed an interest in politics suddenly become politically active? Furthermore, how can somebody who DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT POLITICS expect to become a useful member in the government? I mean, I'm very, very proud that we have somebody like the National Fist, but just knowing that he's about to do this makes me sick to my stomach. It's either a.) He's being used or b.) He honestly wants to help the people but is quite naive about how things are done. I don't blame him, if that's the case. I mean, there are a lot of "politicians" who are really just celebrities who cashed in on their popularity.

Come on, which has a higher salary: politicians or actors?

It sickens me to think that it's socially acceptable for celebrities to become politicians. When will we learn that being a politician takes more than being popular? Of course it sounds silly; but it's true, isn't it? Remember the time we had an actor for a president? How the hell did that happen? Lot of good that did us.

Who knows, maybe some stupid politician convinced him to do it. Gah, I'm tired of the Filipino bureaucracy. Same faces every year, same scandals, same corruption, etc. etc.

Haha, so yeah, what do you think of the boxer going into politics? If there's anything I'm misunderstanding, then please do tell. Keep in mind that I only watch the newscasts, which are questionable at times.

• 1 month later...

Well you did kill it. Sort of, hehe... Perhaps our mind was not yet able to comprehend your political viewpoint but we're trying! hehe...

Updates on our national fist.

He finally came back to his senses; he will no longer engage in politics because it will interfere with his boxing career.

HELLO!?! Isn't it obvious that it WILL disrupt his boxing career. He better keep his using his gloves IN the boxing ring and not become another puppet in the goverment, hehe...

So, what other topics do you guys want to bring up?

Whoah! And I didn't even notice summer was already here! Jeebus!

We better get going to enjoy our last bum-type summer! To the tune of D-51's "No more cry" and Bob Sinclair's "Love Generation:, among other OSTs, hehe...

Speaking of summer, what are your plans about it guys?

Hey Konig, any summer EBs?