Re: "Exotic" Food

hannahkiki

Oh! I remember something I watched on TV. Here in the Philippines, in the farmlands to be exact they eat fried rats marinated in soy sauce and vinegar. By the way those rats aren't your typical sized rats, they are as big as some housecats... No Kidding! Of course they were chopped up so it doesn't resemble a rat anymore.

• 5 weeks later...

I've gone to the provinces before and ate a lot of sauteed crickets. It's very good! It's interesting to note that in the past few years eel and frog became much more socially acceptable. Chicken fetus is good though, if you just keep in mind that it's now cooked food - same as any other. =D

I've also been lucky enough to find wild boar jerky and pan fried deer. Pigs blood barbecue? I didn't have the stomach to try that, but I'm starting to regret it. Chicken intestines on a skewer are great, though.

Sadly, I didn't get the chance to eat rat, bat and snake before I left. >< Kangaroo sounds really good.

Grr, now I'm hungry and I just ate dinner. =/

• 3 weeks later...