posting art and such

kvonne

Valiant, if you really do care about ppl's brandwidths, pleaseeee oh PLEASE allow us to create separate posts for each time we make a sig/art/avv to share.

one whole thread is taking AGES to load. i.e.winder's amazing gallery thread. my screen actually SHOOK and Im on broadbandd!!! ='(

this way we can get more topic numbers cant we?

thankuu

yes but why not make the topics and sigs selective viewing rather than have a great dump of sigs and stuff

viewing them one by one is neater. and browsing thru alotta pages wouldnt really affect brandwiths as much as a large thread would do. why not have a race it's definitely faster to go thru 5 pages compared to loading near 30 sigs on one go. this way, the viewer can go thru a variety of diff members' works too.

<___< this arguement was supposed to be addressed to the stubborn Valiant lol

If we have the topics and sigs selective then it would create clutter for Ray to go through.

Browsing through alot of pages (assuming you go through all pages) will actually take up more bandwidth than one page. You're still loading the amount all the images PLUS extra information whereas on one pages you're just loading the images.

Also, each member has their own thread.

If you have them in separate threads, it would clutter up the whole board and make it hard to track the works of a member. Such as system works on all the forums I own/go to so I don't see why it shouldn't work here.

Like wind said, you would be loading more information if you were to load thread by thread.

The best way to help with image heavy threads is to simply put them all in link form.  We have an HTML code for a reason, why not use it, and save the IMG code for less image extensive ventures (i.e. mecha submissions, character profiles, and the like) ?  It may not look as pretty, but it saves time for our valiant soldiers of dial-up, and helps other people to sort through the images the want to look at.  It also helps to censor what might be seen as 'offensive images' so that people know to view images at their own discretion.

I'm surprised nobody thought of doing it that way before now actually 

A thumb-pic would be a good idea, it's just that I'm a lazy person

But honestly, the forum coding to do an image link is somewhat tedious to do esp for an entire gallery like mine.

Additionally you gotta make them smaller for almost the entire lot of pictures which is a bore. Also, sooner or later you'll actually still use up more bandwidth, assuming you goto all the pics of course.