Mason Denari

General

Full name: Mason James Denari

Nickname: Mason, Mace.

Race: Coordinator

Birthplace: Junius 5

Citizenship: PLANT

Personality:

Evil, arrogant, the new devil… none of these terms have ever been linked to Mason. Mason’s kind nature and honourable attitude has given him problems in the past. He used to get into needless fights to protect people he didn’t know. Though half the time he lost these fights, he learned from every single one of them. He may have been smaller, less of a fighter, but he very, VERY, rarely lost to the same person twice. Using the initial engagement to learn about the opponent, and the second fight to take them down.

Later in life his kind nature still remains, though it has been mostly hidden by sarcasm, cynicism, and a very conscious desire to protect his friends, family, and pretty much everyone else on PLANT.

His strong sense of honour, and right and wrong, comes, not from his Abusive, jobless, father, or his abused, loveless, workaholic mother, but from his best friend growing up… of course it was something that came naturally, but Malcolm buried it deep into him.

Deep down Mason is really just the same kid that he always was, but now… now he has the knowledge needed to fight effectively for what he believes in… What exactly he believes in… well nobody knows… Even he hasn’t decided.

Appearance

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 160 lbs

Hair Colour and Style: Mason has jet black, shaggy hair with dyed red tips. His hair doesn’t reach very far down but goes about an inch upwards from his scalp.

Eye Colour: The Coordinator’s eyes are green, at least for the most part. Protruding like fire from his pupil is a wave of orange that makes him seen slightly more special.

Identifying Marks: Besides a small scar to the right of Mason’s right eye that resembles either a dagger or a percent symbol, depending on who has become his company that day, and the tattoo that started as a tribal curved knife shape and ended with the front of a vesalius class ship going from the left of his neck, over his collar bone, onto the top of his right peck Mason has no identifying marks.

Skin Tone: Mason is ever so slightly tanned, normal eyes would see it as natural skin colour but there is a little darkener in there.

Build: Mason’s build… Mason has the build of… Mason has the build of a comic book geek who takes part in regular exercise. Not as muscular as an athletic person, or someone who enjoys sport, but more muscular than any geek you’re likely to find this side of the moon.

Clothing: When out of any formal uniform he may be in Mason usually wears a long red, cloth, trench coat linked together by six buckles. Three at the bottom half and three at the upper half, leaving what he wears underneath relatively viewable. His upper half is generally clad in a black long sleeved shirt with a small, fashionable, military logo on the upper trim of the pocket. While He wears black jeans and black and loafers. Under his trench coat he wears a holster, just above his bottom, which used to be his fathers, before he re-enlisted. Hanging from the front of the soldiers black leather belt is an odd looking data pad, made specifically for the purpose of analysis… though it did have other uses.

Handiness: Primarily Mason is Right handed but he can use his left if the need arises.

Background

Biological Mother: Julia Denari (formerly Julia Cross) alive, military engineer.

Biological Father: Grave Denari alive, Jobless, Abusive drinker.

Biological Siblings: None

Legal Mother: Sarai Hartness, Military Engineer

Legal Father: Matthew Hartness, Military Engineer

Legal Siblings:

Sister; Marie Hartness, Older. Robotics technology university student.

Brother; Higure Hartness, Younger. Home tutored programmer.

Wife/Girlfriend: None

Personal History:

Mason James Denari was named after his grandfather. He was born on the twenty second of February CE 66 to Grave Denari, an alcoholic, wife beater, and Julia Denari, a workaholic, military engineer with little love for her son, on the PLANT colony known as Junius 5.

The coordinator was shown little love growing up. His mother loved his father, but not him. Her irrational love and refusal to see her husband’s faults caused her to blame Mason constantly for the beatings she took whenever Grave took a sip of vodka. She often told the young boy, that it was his fault that his father drank, that he was the bane of their existence… They were happy before their son was thrust upon them by the fate of the universe. It took such a little amount of alcoholic beverages to make Grave’s fists fly that Mason often wondered whether the alcohol had anything to do with it at all. A mere excuse to take up the hobby that he so enjoyed, the destruction of his wife’s mental, physical and emotional well being.

Mason was only in school for a short amount of time before he was forced to leave. In that short time he made great friends though, one stood out more than any of the others. Malcolm, ‘Mal’ Fain. Something about the co-ordinator made Mason feel at peace. Malcolm was there for mason when he needed him, and he was there when he just wanted him. But sadly it lasted for even shorter time than Mason’s stint in school. Malcolm left Junius 5 only a year before he did.

While Malcolm had headed with his family to Armoury 1, Mason was rescued a year later by a family from the Carpentaria base on earth. They had come to dinner at the house of their subordinate, Julia Denari, when Mason was roughly 8 and, after Grave burst in, drunk and stinking of alcohol, things turned bad. It was pretty easy to understand what had been going on.

A year long battle between the Hartness family and the Denari parents waged in court rooms and in hallways outside lawyers offices. Mason was removed from his home and from his school. On Mason’s 9th birthday the dispute finally ended when a judge ruled that Mason was to either live with the Hartness family, or continue in the orphanage that he had been subjected two over the past year.

The decision was easy. During the year Mason had spent in the orphanage being bullied, picked on and attacked by all but the rodents, his only solace was the Hartness’s almost daily visits. Mason chose to join the Hartness family.

Moving in with them at Carpentaria he was soon re-united with his childhood friend, Malcolm, who had been transferred to Carpentaria not long before him. Mason’s new parents and Malcolm’s parents worked together fixing mobile suits and, on occasion, with teams of scientists on new Mobile suits.

Over the next few years, 7 or 8, he learned what love was, he was taught scores of lessons on technology, programming, scripting, robotics. His mind soaked up the information like a bone dry sponge dropped in a puddle. Taking the information without permission, but not against will, until either he could take no more, or until the source was as dry as he once was. Neither came quickly, though eventually he had learned all he could from his teachers and his parents, and all those around him. Anything he didn’t know was easily accessed via the Pro-net data pad he constructed using the information he had learned. Over the years Mason and Malcolm grew even more friendly, moving from good friends to best friends.

The Pro-Net was an invention of Masons, allowing him to access any wi-fi, radio, infra red or in some cases, purely digital signal he wished to access information or to change it. The Pro-Net data pad was one of a kind, it was able to do other things, things a normal data pad could do, and due to its special abilities, the ones some could call hacking, he did not let anyone know about its… other uses. He might have used it honestly, for learning and handing in work when he completed it, but others might not be so honest with the Pro-net system.

16 years old. He was old enough to leave if he wished but… he felt he was needed there. His older, technically adopted, sister Marie had left for a 5 year robotics course, and though Mason had been accepted into many universities, what with his incredible test scores and unrivalled technical knowledge, he decided to stay at the base, unlike his best friend who went back packing across the planet, staying in contact only by e-mails and the occasional phone call. He got a job in the scrap yard, trying to salvage the pieces of mobile suits and old computers to use in more modern things. He also used the time to teach Higure Hartness the things other people didn’t tell him.

He loved his job, all the way to his 18th birthday when he finally decided to leave. He gave his data-pad to his little brother Higure, after the younger teen built a new one for Mason. Mason’s new data-pad no longer had Pro-net, but he had outgrown it.

Because of his reputation of incredible technological abilities Mason was asked to join a team, on a par with his no longer new parents’ team. He eagerly accepted. While building and programming the mobile suits that his team were asked to design Mason had a lot of time to run simulations in them, training as a pilot, it was a slow process over the year, but he grew to love the mobile suit pilot life… and when his best friend decided to try out for ZAFT, Mason was compelled to follow.

Edited by Guest

Really nice bio, though I find the lack of mentioning his fights makes this aspect of his personality just pop out of nowhere.

He used to get into needless fights to protect people he didn’t know. Though half the time he lost these fights, he learned from every single one of them. He may have been smaller, less of a fighter, but he very, VERY, rarely lost to the same person twice. Using the initial engagement to learn about the opponent, and the second fight to take them down.

Speaking to him now in MSN so I'll ask for him, do you mean in his history these parts are missing? If so, I'd just like to point your attention to this part;

"During the year Mason had spent in the orphanage being bullied, picked on and attacked by all but the rodents,"

Obviously it doesn't go into much detail but if it's needed I'll whip him into adding it...

If Valiant, being owner of Advent, states something, we must assume it's a rule until/unless he corrects himself.

However, you would be correct: unless Valiant says otherwise, the name Andrew is canon and cannot be used in any profile. It may not make sense to you and me for such a restriction to exist, but it currently does, and what is expected of us is to respect his decision and to abide by it. If anyone wishes to contest it, there is always the Suggestion board.

Ummm... Which name is Canon Valiant? I'm assuming you're meaning Shinn but considerin' the surname isn't Asuka (believe that's right?) it wouldn't be Canon. Heck, over 'ere in the U.K Shinn is a company that sells Kiteboards...

I apologise for the confusion. It seems like we need a list of forbidden names.

But judging by your rationale, should we allow Kira and Lacus since those are real names and if no one uses Yamato or Clyne it would be perfectly fine?

Andrew is by far a more common name than any in the series so it's simply logical that it is allowed but I'll come up with a list of names in case of future disputes.

But judging by your rationale, should we allow Kira and Lacus since those are real names and if no one uses Yamato or Clyne it would be perfectly fine?

I just wanted to add: using those names as their own characters name might not be ok, but using them for unimportant characters that are unlikely to be seen anywhere but the history section of the profile... I just dont see the harm. so long as their not saying that their related to Lacus clyne or Kira Yamato, or that they met them... thats just my opinion... my opinion just bought me another few days of not being accepted didnt it... bugger.

I for one, agree with Mason whole-heartedly. I moved his bio in the first place because I thought it was a-ok, even the part with his father being called Shinn. In Japan there are heap-loads of Shinns, what if someone wants to call his char by his own name?

Obviously we need to have a decision factor, if someone calls themself Kira but has a totally different bio to GSEED Kira what happens? Etc.

Pardon my interruption, but it is as Rad says. Just a list, and problem's solved, so perhaps we should end the discussion on this and continue with comments on the profile.

Hmm....I like it. Very detailed and somehow still straightforward. There are just a few things I'd like to point out, though...

-'Sinicism' is the wrong spelling of 'Cynicism'. Sorry for nitpicking.

-I felt that you could have mentioned his best friend a little more, or how he has been in contact with Malcolm or how Malcolm has inspired him. The last part of the bio would seem last sudden if you mention a little more of that, seeing as how important his best friend is to him before.

Cheers.

I for one, agree with Mason whole-heartedly. I moved his bio in the first place because I thought it was a-ok, even the part with his father being called Shinn. In Japan there are heap-loads of Shinns, what if someone wants to call his char by his own name?

Obviously we need to have a decision factor, if someone calls themself Kira but has a totally different bio to GSEED Kira what happens? Etc.

Notable names in the series will not be allowed to be used. I'll draw up a list.

Could you explain this part, "While Malcolm headed with his family to Armoury 1, Mason was rescued by a family who worked as military engineers at the Carpentaria base on earth."

Was he rescued in Armoury One or in Carpentaria? It's confusing.

Could you explain this part, "While Malcolm headed with his family to Armoury 1, Mason was rescued by a family who worked as military engineers at the Carpentaria base on earth."

Was he rescued in Armoury One or in Carpentaria? It's confusing.

Malcolm, Masons best friend, went to Armoury 1, Mason was saved by a family from Carpentaria base, but yeah I see how it is confusing and im editing it

Edited by Guest

This will be the final application accepted into Zaft for the time being. If your profile has been approved, you may Role play, but as a civilian.

[align=center]plant.png

PLANT Supreme Council, Nation Defense headquarters,

Aprilius One branch[/align]

On the Morning of November 11 of CE85, Mason Denari is accepted into the Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty, under the direct supervision and guidance of the Supreme Council, and the officers appointed over you.

You and many young people your age will be the next generation allowing Coordinators to live free from persecution and discrimination. We hand the future of Plant into your hands, hold your head high, and don’t let that inner light falter.

Signed,

Commander Delfina Schneider, National Defense Headquarters