Charlotte Clarick

Milady

General

Full name: Charlotte Clarick

Nickname: Charlie or Clare; her code name is Coppelia, in reference to a character in a famous ballet

Race: Coordinator

Occupation: ZAFT Pilot ranking as Ensign, and a few other things on the side, like a spy for the Orb Union, for example...

Birthplace: City of Kusanagi, Orb Union

Citizenship: Dual citizenship in Orb Union and Plant Territories

Personality: What is the point of discussing one's personality? After all, do we not have three of them? First is the one we attribute to ourselves, second is the one others attribute to us, and third is the one we actually have... Well, enough with philosophy here! It can be said that Charlotte is emotional and intuitive, powerful and passionate, exciting and magnetic. To add to this, she can be jealous and resentful, compulsive and obsessive, as well as secretive and obstinate. If Clare was to be assessed from a Jungian perspective, it could be said that she excels in the intellectual, intuitive and emotional quadrants, but lacks much of the sensational aspect.

Appearance

Height: 5'8

Weight: 65 kg

Hair Colour and Style: Long, slightly wavy brown hair with bangs. She wears it down almost always, unless doing some work that requires a lot of concentration

Eye Colour: Dark-brown

Identifying Marks: Due to a lack of melanin there is a white, heart-shaped spot on her left shoulderblade

Skin Tone: Ivory

Build: The build of an athletic female - smaller hips, and slightly wider shoulders, but not to a point where it becomes unattractive. On the contrary, her physique is quite eye-catching and appealing.

Clothing: Clare is the type to wear practically anything. A business suite, a skimpy dress, a school girl uniform - this girl has no boundaries when she dresses. If the fashion magazines said that the next best thing is to tie cats to shoe straps, she'd do it.

Handiness: Ambidexterous

Background

Mother: Jil Clarick

Father: Andrew Clarick

Siblings: None

Relationships: None; although many have claimed that she has a thing for a certain young man, Charlotte denies it altogether.

Personal History:

Charlotte’s story is a strange one. Both of her parents were originally from Eurasia, but as the tension between naturals and co-ordinators became more and more pronounced, their families had moved to Orb Union in order to attempt at a tranquil and peaceful life. Her mother was a brilliant student. She stated out on the faculty of civil engineering, but then transferred to a biochemical department where she had met Charlotte’s father. He was several years older, and already a professor on genetic engineering. The two had dated for several years and finally got married. When the question of a child had arose, Professor Clarick had insisted that their daughter be made into a co-ordinator. Unfortunately, it would appear that he was more interested in experimenting with chromosomes than in having a child. It would appear that his wife had a rare recessive set of chromosomes which he had cloned in order to see what it would do in a homozygous set. The aftermath was horrible. Jill Clarick did not handle the labour and died seconds after her tiny pale, dark-haired baby was born. Andrew left as soon as he discovered what happened, fearing that the family, once they find out the reason of their daughter’s death would come after him.

As a result, Charlotte was taken by her maternal grandparents. She had a rather happy childhood, since she was never denied a thing and spoiled to death, but the knowledge that her mother would have lived had it not been for her. Her school was dull, since Clare hardly ever misbehaved and spent most of her time buried in books. Oh, her temper was quite wild, but in her younger years no one had ever brushed her the wrong way. She lived to please her grandparents because she felt she owed them. That was until two years ago. Although Orb was not directly involved in the conflict between the PLANT and the Earth Alliance, there were several gangs formed all over the country. Clare’s grandparents were shot by accident during one of the shootouts between the naturals and the co-ordinators. That is when all had started...

Andrew Clarick came back to country at around that time. He was at work on one of the government projects that consisted of training a group of special agents. His daughter was a natural choice. Charlotte was an emotional wreck, but instead of taking her to therapists, Andrew chose to place her into the new division and let her climb out of her depression on her own. Amazingly enough, it had worked for Clare. By then she hated both sides with a burning passion. Both were nothing but fanatic killers. She was robbed of everything by those people, and so held no sympathy for either. She moved in ranks quickly, and graduated in under a year. Along with her ID, Charlotte’s father presented her with a code name of Coppelia and an assignment - to enter ZAFT military with the purpose of gathering intelligence. Why Coppelia? Simply because when her grandparents were gone nothing but an empty shell remained - a pretty doll that no longer felt any tender emotion for anyone.

On top of that, a strange change took place in Charlotte. Ever since she was little, she was sometimes able to tell what others felt as long as the emotion was strong. After her grandparent’s death, the ability had strengthened. Unfortunately, it had not ended there. Sometimes a very acute migraine would come upon Charlotte, where the pain in her head was enough to cause her to vomit or pass out, and then she would begin to hear voices - distant thoughts of random people. They were like buzzing, but sometimes she would be able to differentiate separate individuals. It never lasted long, and after several minutes, Clare would always loose consciousness. She had no control over when this would come, and never told anyone about it. There was always a chance of her blacking out in the middle of training or in battle, yet she refused to acknowledge that it might have been her father’s experimentation with chromosomes that did it to her. In spite of this overwhelming evidence Charlotte kept telling herself that she is normal, and prayed that no one would find out...

After a successful year in ZAFT military academy, Charlotte graduated with honours, a gold medal, tons of meaningless friends, and a brand new rival. Amazingly enough, only this person was able to bring the devil out of this usually collected girl. At all other times, she was sly, respectful, well-mannered, and good-natured. She did as she pleased in battle and spoke her mind openly, yet did it in such a way that prevented anyone from issuing the justified punishment to her. But this guy... Things were very different with him. Their pathetic rivalry with one another began at ZAFT Academy, where he had the nerve of cutting in front of her when they were getting uniforms. Things had slowly gone from bad to worse since neither seemed willing to let go of the stupid and immature rivalry. As a result, Clare found out exactly what it is liked to be publicly reprimanded by the superior officer. In fact, not a week had gone by without both of them being in some sort of trouble. Perhaps for her it was the sort of negative buzz that kept her going, or maybe she just liked to make someone’s life miserable...

Camelia01.jpg

The creator of this image is unknown, but he/she has my eternal gratitude

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Milady_de_Winter/?action=view&current=Clare3.jpg

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Milady_de_Winter/?action=view&current=Clareavi.jpg

Also made this drawing to show her in uniform. Unfortunately I got lazy half way and did not do anywhere near a good enough job on her clothes... I might just work on that later. And thanks to Aethereality.net for the brushes.

Edited by Guest

ok I just have to say 'wow O.O' after reading that. I'm not sure about the genetic engineering thing but the higher ups will confirm that for you. Otherwise, I didn't pick up on any grammatical errors. interesting... but I've got a question. Why Zaft and not Orb???

I don't mean to offend you, but Profiles are generally written in the third-person form.  While the narrative form you used is quite interesting, a Profile is meant to provide us with a good idea as to how your character is like.  And yeah, I recall someone else writing a profile in such a manner some time ago, but someone else raised a similar point.  (Also as a quick reference during actual Roleplaying...)

And, by the way, if that image isn't your creation, please give credit where it's due.

EDIT: I'll take a closer look at your Profile soon.

Edited by Guest

With regards to the crediting, you can simply place a disclaimer stating that you do not know who the owner is but you credit it to the owner.

Just to clarify things, we RP in third person here, hence the need for profiles to be written in third person

The profile isn't complete. You missed out the first section on the profile.

The gene tampering is fine by me. From what I see, it is purely for storyline purposes, rather than to give a character a certain advantage. If you want to give her special abilities through the experimentation, you would have to let us review it.

Done, and the ability is in the second-last paragraph of the bio. I just figured that it'd be useful if she had an ability that might prove useful at times, and yet be very detrimental to her health, and could even indirectly lead to death. Just makes it more interesting.

I think this is the first time this issue really emerged.  Might as well voice my thoughts on the matter.  In any discussion about evolution and genetic engineering, there are always talk about the potential for enhanced mental abilities.  It shouldn't be surprising that some individuals exceed over others in certain aspects (such as the enhanced spatial awareness required to use the original DRAGOON system or the Moebius Zero's gunbarrels).  So there may be that extremely slight possibility of individuals with telepathic abilities as well, especially with all that genetic tinkering.

As for Milady's character...I suppose it's okay to have such an ability as long as it cannot be truly utilized, especially in battle.  In another words, the character cannot just read minds at will to her advantage.  (hence the reasoning behind the numerous disadvantages, no?)

Well, that's my two cents, Valiant.

EDIT: Oh, right, the actual profile.

@Milady:

For your Background information, you only need to list the names of family members (as well as their current 'state' of being).  The History itself should explain the details, as you stated.

I noticed you sometimes switch between your character's first name and her nickname(s).  This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it may confuse people skimming through the profile. 

As for the rest, I don't see any other significant issues.  Nice work.

(By the way, the correct rank spelling is Ensign. )

Edited by Guest

Well, in my defence, I can see her doing more fainting than mind-reading. And even when she does hear voices, she is usually unable to differentiate them - it's mostly a buzzing noise or so many voices at once that she cannot concentrate. As for the battle, I think I had mentioned that she cannot function when this happens to her, so what use would it be?

Since it seems like more of a character trait rather than an ability, given that she can't really utilise it, you can use it.

I'm not sure if the Orb or PLANT faction leaders would approve of the dual citizenship.

By the way, it's "reference" and "famous". Try the spell check function. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Yeah, thanks for noticing. Actually, I don't like to use this function at all. I typed the whole thing in a word processor and then pasted it in the reply box. However, I forgot to add the clarification of her alias when I typed in Word, so I just edited it here. I should really read over what I write, since when you're typing, replying to a million MSN messages and being bugged by a friend about his character [that‘s right, Mio, it‘s all your fault!], you know you're not going to spell correctly... *sigh* Shame on me for being so lazy.

As for the dual citizenship, I'll be more than happy to wait for their opinion. I just thought that since she is a spy, it would only make sense that she'd be a citizen in the county she spies in and in the country she is spying for, but that's simply my own humble opinion. 

I will be more than happy to change it to simply PLANT if you want me to.

Edited by Guest

Just some problems

...but the knowledge that he mother would have lived had it not been for her.

You meant 'her' I think

Sometimes a very acute migraine would come upon Charlotte, where the pain in her head was enough to vomit or pass out...

enough to make her vomit or pass out. What you've got now sounds like the pain itself does it

As a result, Care found out exactly...

Care

one more thing/comment- god another really well done profile *feels really inferior*

Edited by Guest

Just some problems

You meant 'her' I think

enough to make her vomit or pass out. What you've got now sounds like the pain itself does it

Care

one more thing/comment- god another really well done profile *feels really inferior*

Thanks for the compliment, although I am not very good at all... Heck, I don't even proof-read what I type! ;

And thank you for finding those mistakes - I have corrected them. However, I see nothing wrong with the second one. I thought the "migraine" sentence was grammatically correct. 

Perhaps you meant "Sometimes a very acute migraine would come upon Charlotte, where the pain in her head was enough to cause her to vomit or pass out, and then she would begin to hear voices - distant thoughts of random people."

Perhaps you meant "Sometimes a very acute migraine would come upon Charlotte, where the pain in her head was enough to cause her to vomit or pass out, and then she would begin to hear voices - distant thoughts of random people."

Right! I'm such a blonde at times. Thanks ;

Anyway, forgive a noobish question, but what more do I have to do in order to get my character approved? Just wondering, since you have not given me any specific suggestions, so I really do not know whether the profile is fine or not.

Thanks in advance 

Approved for the Zaft Forces

[align=center]plant.png

PLANT Supreme Council, Nation Defense headquarters,

Aprilius One branch[/align]

As of July 5th of CE85, Charlotte Clarick is accepted into the Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty, under the direct supervision and guidance of the Supreme Council, and the officers appointed over you. We wish for your talents, and abilities to lead Plant into a new age of glory.

You and many young people your age will be the next generation allowing Coordinators to live free from persecution and discrimination. We hand the future of Plant into your hands, hold your head high, and don’t let that inner light falter.

Signed,

Chairwoman Ashellia Ferrinas, National Defense Headquarters