Re: Earth Alliance Help Desk

Valiant

(Alright I hope I'm not jumping the gun or anything, monkey see monkey do what can i say :p )

Opening up the door to the room a strange teenager walked in, his boots loudly clanking against the tile floor, demanding attention. He had woken up very early, just to make sure he was the first person the Earth Alliance would deal with today. As he walked he conveyed no rush, but rather an eerie sense of control, almost as if the room existed because he wanted it to.

Blonde hair and blue eyes he had a handsome face although it betrayed his demeanor by conveying his young age. He was dressed in a cadet uniform, which was neatly worn, had he not been walking he may have been mistaken as a manikin. A black leather satchel rubbed against his left side observably filled with what could presumably be paperwork. As he approached the table he stopped a couple of meters away from the representatives and snapped into a salute.

“Jonathan McDowell Locke, I’m here to request enlistment into the Earth Alliance military forces.”

After finishing his salute Locke reached into the satchel and retrieved a black leather binder packed with papers and gently slid it across the table. Although full it was neatly maintained and organized. Locke took a step back after putting the binder on the table and returned to a rigid pose with his hands respectfully against his sides, his piercing eyes stared blankly ahead like a perfect soldier should. His body language conveyed nothing less than confidence and his mere presence held an invisible impact in the room.

((Sorry, but I've been itching to take something like this comically, and yours is just perfect for it Roromi))

"Jus gimme five more minutes dad......"

Sitting, or rather, laying on the opposite side of the table was a young woman; somewhat the female counterpart to the man standing before her.  She had shoulder length blonde hair bordered by a blue headband, bordering a cute and feminine face.  Hearing Locke's voice, the woman yawned and stretched as she remained seated; giving Locke a good view of the fairly torn jeans and worn out white t-shirt that she wore.  Her blue eyes blinked groggily as she adjusted to the light given by the ceiling lights above them, and she looked back and forth between Locke and the black leather binder that had landed next to where her head had been resting not too long ago.

"What're you doin' here? I was havin' a good nap and then you come and wake me up and....." The girl began, but she stopped halfway through her half-hearted lecture as the situation began to unravel itself to her.  For a moment she was silent, and one could swear that they could hear cogs cranking in the back of her head as she slowly but surely worked out why this blonde haired man was standing before her,

"Oh! So that makes you the new guy then!?  Thats great, one more soldier round here means that theres one more excuse for dad not to yell at me!"  She said as a bright smile appeared on her face and she instantly came awake, shoving the expensive looking leather binder to the side as she bent across the table to shake Locke's hand energetically,

"Glad to meet ya!  The name's Lune, got it?  What're you doing here so early anyway?  You could've came in later and, you know, not have interrupted my nap?"

(OCC: LMAO you have no idea how hard i laughed after i read the first line of your post. It was actually challenging to think about how to make locke reply in character so i had fun with it :p Helped me figure out his personality more. )

As the so-called Earth Alliance official dragged herself awake Locke was less than amused. If this is what the Earth Alliance has resorted to maybe I’m fighting for the wrong side? Locke quickly shook the thought out of his head, he would remain professional, it was his duty.

Jonathan nearly jumped back in fear as the girl bounced up to life. Mom didn’t tell me there would be girls like this in the military though! Noticing the outstretched hand Locke uneasily extended his own and felt like his hand was about to be shaken off by the energetic attitude the girl had.

"Glad to meet ya!  The name's Lune, got it?  What're you doing here so early anyway?  You could've came in later and, you know, not have interrupted my nap?"

So far Locke was less than impressed by the girl’s carefree behavior in such a professional environment. This girl can’t be serious! Locke looked at the girl almost as if she had something on her cheek and slowly retracted his hand. Trying to keep his composure the teen coolly replied, “I came early so I could make a good impression…” as if to disprove his effort he noticed the attire Lune was wearing and cringed. It appeared like she was more ready for a road trip than for war.

“You work here I presume… right?” The question was more rhetorical and from what he could gather the girl was probably only a few years older than him, he had his doubts about her being seriously apart of the Earth Alliance.

"What d'you mean, 'Do I work here?', of course I work here!  Don't see anyone else around here, do ya?"

Lune had let go of Locke's hand and was now wiping her face enthusiastically; having taken Locke's look the wrong way and thinking that she had some drool on her face or something.  Once she was satisfied that her face was clean, she looked up at Locke and grinned childishly, somewhat glad that he had arrived.  It was a boring job if there was no one else around, though she was still mad that he had interrupted her nap the way he did,

"Yeah, I work here; you don't got a problem with that, do you?"  She asked playfully as she reached over once more to nudge him in the ribs.  Poking him was all well and good, but Lune wanted to try and get Johnathon more worked up and unhinged; she didn't like military stiffs like him, as she's had to live with them for the greater part of her life.  Blue eyes met blue eyes as she locked eyes with him,

"So..... I take it you wanna job or something, right Johnny-boy?"

(OCC: sorry for taking awhile to respond, i didn't have computer access over the weeken and i had some school work to catch up on)

"So..... I take it you wanna job or something, right Johnny-boy?"

Locke’s face twitched at the remark, he simply despised the butchering of his name, and didn’t appreciate being called a boy. He may have been a coordinator and that could attribute to his achievements but he had achieved a lot no doubt. At the very least he deserved to be referred to respectfully.

As if her insulting him wasn’t enough she continued to nudge him in the ribs as if to deflate his professional attitude. Had he not been sent there to get business done, had it not been an obligation to be there, he may have let his guard down but he was given strict instructions from his mother to get this done today, and being a candid was a reward for doing a job well done.

Trying to move on Locke carried on, “as a matter…” Even as he tried to talk though Lune continued to harass him by nudging his ribs,  “as a matter of fact I am looking… for a job as a soldier, I think … that I can be a valuable asset to the Earth Alliance…” He lost his patience and stopped, waiting patiently for the girl to stop. He didn’t want to snap at her and make a bad impression but he got the vibe that it almost didn’t matter with her.

OOC: Short: I would like to apply to EA, long read below

In a fall afternoon, cold rain dropped somewhere in a street in North America.  In the mist of the cold rain, there was the shadow of a person moving a shopping cart.  As the shadowy person moved his cart, he took a small moment to pick up a soda can from the ground and threw it on the shopping cart.

Slowly pushing his cart, the shadowy person arrived to his destination a small cardboard box.  Knelling the homeless man entered the box and slowly removed his headpiece.  The image of the person revealed long strained grease heard and a beard full of dirt and random debris.  He put his hands together in an effort to keep his hands warm.  While he was doing this he though to himself “Is a little chillier this year than most years, this is going to be a long winter”.   Seeing his breath, the shadowy people keep most of his body extension near him.  Looking around in his dirty box, full of random items collected from the trash, he found a bottle of wine.  The homeless person opened it and started drinking it “At least this will keep me warm, and make me forget about the past” he though to himself.

In the distance, he heard a person screaming, nothing unusual in the place that he lived.  Normally he would ignore screams, because it attracts unwarranted trouble and the homeless person has been shot just to kill time once in his life.   The man step up and walk stumbling to see what is going on.  The man grabbed his bottle of wine and started to move while drinking.  As he turned the corner, he noticed two EA officers one male and one female.  The female had a knife to her neck by a thug and her shirt was being slowly being pulled out.   On the other aspect, the male had two thugs holding each hand and he seemed very agitated. 

EA Male – You touch her and I will kill you!

Thug with knife -  No, it is you who will die if you keep annoying me…all I want is some loving to night

EA Male – You bastard!

The homeless man saw what was transpiring in the corner of the street.  A rape nothing unusual to his part of the neighborhood, turning around he wanted to drink his problems off and go on his way.  However, something clicked the old him would have not let something horrible happen in the past.  Turning around the man threw the bottle to the thug with the knife.  The bottle went directly to the thug head and knocked him unconscious.  As the knife fell the female EA officer grabbed the knife and went to one of the thugs that was holding the Male officer. 

As one the thugs noticed that the momentum of the battler shifted to the officers side the thugs decided to leave running.  After they left running the female officer went to the thug who was trying to rape her and acted in a way that could have killed the though. 

The homeless man reading what was happening step from the shadows and yelled “NO! That bottle was not to kill him, but to save you”.    As the man yelled at he step in the view of both officers.  Both officer stared at him in dismay and the male officer seemed in shock.  The male officer looked at the man and said “No, it can’t be…James is it really you?”.  The man slowly wanted to walk away and said “That person died 15 years ago in Germany”. 

The male officer ran to James and touched  his shoulder  “you don’t remember me is John, remember the academy days, you got commissioned in Phantom Pain and I remained as a instructor”.  The man took his hand of his shoulder and said “Like I said that person died in Germany”.   John smiled and said “whether you are James or not, regardless you saved my life and Lt. Teresa over there…let me invite you out for a meal at least”.  The homeless man smiled and said “A meal sound reasonable”.  As James accepted the invitation they moved in to the main street and there was a limousine waiting for them. 

As they got in the limousine, John smiled at the homeless man and said “Yep, I know of the perks of being a colonel pretty impressive.” The homeless man looked down and said “You can say that”.  The limousine started to move the young female Lt. looked at the man and noticed his jacket and said “So you where a member of Phantom Pain?”  The man looked at her and said “I was a pilot before, but not anymore”.  John looked at the man and said “James, I know it’s you…let’s cut the crap the state between us and Zaft has been very tense at the moment and the military is starting to secretly build up.  Both sides know that war is only a matter of time” 

The man looked back at John and said “So what does that has to do with me”.  John looked concerned and said “James, I know what you saw in Germany was horrible, but that was not your fault”.  The man looked at John and yelled “How can you say that! Did you see the people died like I did?!  Did you?!  You don’t know what it felt like seeing all the children being killed by DESTROY! You didn’t see the atrocity that it committed all the needless bloodshed.  And after seeing ALL of that you want me to fight again?!”.   

John took a deep breath and said “your right I did not see that, but I also see a person that paid for a misstate that he committed 15 years ago, I am offering your life back a second chance.  A second chance to accomplish what you believe James…please I want to help you”.  The homeless man looked at John and said “And how can you do that?” John smiled and said “I can put a good word for you, and I can clean you up and give your uniform back, the might not retain your rank and you might have to go to training again, but the Lt. here is more than willing to help you out.  I remember a person named “Ace” he was cocky arrogant, self centered, but a hell of a pilot.  You showed character today and I want to make sure. 

During the rest of the evening, the homeless person got a shower, shaved and a haircut.  In no time he was looking like an officer again.  On John house he placed a uniform in the bed and said to the homeless person “James, wear this uniform tomorrow when you re-enlist, it has your old rank and your old squadron pin and your old wings…when you are a colonel is easy to get the bars and the pin.  The homeless person looked down and said “Thank you John”.  John then looked at his old friend and said “Get some rest you have a big day tomorrow”.

The next day Lt. Therese picked the homeless man up.  During the ride she smiled and mentioned “You do look hot today, I barely recognized you”.  The man smiled and said “Thank you, I haven’t received a compliments on my looks since my girlfriend left me”.  A small tear was shed by the person who was a homeless before the incident. As he got left in front of the steps of the recruitment building, James walked the steps.   As he arrived to the main desk the receptionist looked at James and said “Name and state the purpose please”.  At that moment he aligned in to perfect attention and said “Former Lt. James Hawke, wanting to re-enlist ma’am.”.  James then smiled and though to himself "James Hawke, Ace is back"

Edited by Guest

((OOC:  Sorry for the wait guys, had some stuff I had to take care of, mid-terms and all.  I'll be finished with them by friday, and then I'll be around full time.  As you've noticed, faction applications can be made once you have your character accepted and moved to the library area, and I'll get to them in due time if you request to serve in the EA.  On a note of constructive criticism, I would like to see you try and improve the literacy of your posts there James.  I understand that english may not be the native language of everyone on this board, but the least you can do is try for a more structured post; as its hard to see where one paragraph ends and another begins.  Also, the site's spellchecker isn't all powerful, so don't put all your trust in it; it CAN make mistakes  . ))

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lune sighed at the uptight mannerisms of 'Johnny-boy', as he reminded her far too much of her father Bian.  It had been her father who had dragged Lune into the OMNI enforcers, and while she had ended up enjoying the job for the most part, she hated the overly orderly manner by which every soldier was supposed to act.  Constant lectures from her father on the topic didn't help the matter much either, and she could only hope that she could find at least one other soldier who liked to bend the rules every now and again.

"A valuable asset?  What are you, a person or a monopoly piece?"  Lune stated as she readjusted the blue sweatband on her head so that it wouldn't slip down over her eyes.  Reaching behind her haphazardly, she managed to extricate a long and official looking form from a pile of papers, and handed it over to Locke along with a pencil.  She sighed once more before flopping her head down on the table and saying in a monotonal voice,

"Fill out the form and hand have it looked over by one of the aides over there."  Lune said as she pointed to a small table to her left where a pair of well dressed men stood and were busy looking over a large pile of application forms.  "Its pretty standard stuff; name, age, gender, medical conditions, so on and so forth..."  She added as she looked up at Locke, only to see that another person waiting in line for her.

"Name and purpose of visit please," Lune said, a look of exhaustion on her face as she looked over the flashy military attire of the applicant before her.  Perfect posture along with the man's reply told Lune that 'James' was most likely another order loving, shoe shining, run of the mill military man.  This was going to be a long day......

"Okay then, 'Former Lieutenent Hawke', why do you wanna re-enlist when you could be sitting back at home and enjoying an early retirement?"

OCC: I did this post before I saw the list that we should get characters approved first, so I apologize for the confusion that this might have brought to you people.  I modify slightly the post above and broke up the paragraphs.  I normally copy and paste from Word and I forget to hit enter twice at the end of the paragraph.

James noticed the feminine looking female in front of him sitting on the desk.  She seemed to be under his perspective rather laid back and not very big in military protocol.  James noticed on her forehead a blue headband, not issued by military protocol.  That and the lack if straight attention indicated that she was one of the more relaxed members.  “This is going to be a long conversation” though James.

Before continuing the conversation, James noticed that he did not remove his hat before he came in to the building.  Protocol indicated that when talking to other officers and inside a building he should remove the hat.  James then quickly grabbed his military hat and put it under his armpit.  He could tell that his face was beginning to blush red because he made a basic mistake.  “Ummm….sorry about the hat ma’am totally disrespectful….wanted to clear that up…ummm”.  James though to himself “Hey idiot better answer the question!!”

With his face still red, James straightened up and said “Ma’am with all due respect I did not retire I was dishonorably discharge so I can’t take any benefits.  I am here only because someone wanted me to be here”.  Looking to the female officers eyes James responded in a calm voice “Division has my record in the file, as you can see in this uniform I was a pilot and a former Lt.. I was discharged 15 years ago, I know I am not the man that I used to be, however someone believed that I still have something to contribute.  Quite Frankly, I don’t know for all I know I could be the garbage man of EA…all I know I am here for someone that believes in me and quite frankly picking up the garbage beats pushing a shopping cart all day”. 

Looking down he concentrated on the tile in the floor and said, “Am I wasting my time?”

[OOC: Interesting approach to a topic like this...]

The door to the conference room swung open with alarming vigor, almost slamming against the wall it was hinged on. Light seeped into the dim-lit room around the figure who stood in the doorway, making an imposing silhouette of him. He stood at a three-quarter angle, one side of him more forwarded than the other. His one arm was drawn up with his hand at his shoulder, holding the shoulder-strap of some kind of satchel slung across his back. The silhouette of his head was completely alien... halfway up, it branched out and then tapered up into a shallow point.

But as he stepped forward and swung the door shut behind him, everything became clearer... if not strange in different ways. The 'cone' on his head was a straw Chinaman hat... one of the very cliche'd types. Under that hat sat a head of leaf-green hair which was not really short but not long, either. Under that were two cheerful brown eyes that addressed the rest of the room warmly, like he knew them as friends.

"Ni Hao!" Atake greeted in Chinese, giving a small wave with his unburdened hand. His casually-worn cadet outfit rustled slightly as he approached. "Earth Alliance is recruiting, right?"

((OOC: its definitely a fun way to answer questions, and it helps figure out what positions to give to people.  On a side note, if your profile is approved, please make sure to post on your profile thread saying that you wish to apply for the EA.  We have to make all applications official after all  .  ))

"Janitorial duties aside, I think you'll have to fill out this form to get a job."  Lune said as she handed James a sheet of paper and pencil, identical to the one she had given to Locke not 10 minutes earlier.  While Lune could have probably handled his application herself, she didn't want to be the one who let a discharged soldier back into the OMNI enforcers; daddy dearest would probably bite her head off for it.  She was about to go get a drink of water when a gust of wind from outside sent shivers down her spine, causing her to look towards the source of the cold wind; which in turn caused her to cover her mouth as she fought to stop herself from laughing.

The man before her was wearing a large straw hat to cover his green hair, and his smiling face and casual air had been just what Lune had been waiting for.  Despite the fact that this man wore a cadets uniform, his cheerful greeting showed that he was far from the uptight shoe shiners that she had been dealing with all day.  She wasn't going to let some other officer take this one away from her before she got a chance to have a bit of fun with him; that is, once she could catch her breath that is.

"O-okay, I can help you over here," She said as she waved back cheerfully, "The name's Lune, whats yours?"

[EDIT OOC: I made some minor alterations to the bio expressing that my character wanted to be recruited into EA. Hope it's okay.]

Atake raised his eyebrows in pleasant surprise. For once, instead of being snapped at by some stiff-suited superior for his casual entry, he instead got a round of suppressed laughter from a young girl at the table. Quite a pretty girl, another side of his psyche added as he watched her fighting back an urge to laugh... he always had taken a liking to blonde girls. A recruitment officer, however, was probably not the person to chat up.

Yet, he took the laughter much better than he ever would take a fierce beratement. So many people had laughed at his appearance before that he found it as a friendly gesture towards himself, now.

"O-okay, I can help you over here," The girl called back, returning the wave. "The name's Lune, whats yours?"

"Name's Atake," The young man responded, walking further from the door and more towards the table. "Just flew in from Thailand."

Two other smartly-dressed figures stood there as well, trying to look like perfect soldiers or statues; standing at attention was quite ambiguous. He gave small waves to them... not that Atake really wanted to engage in conversation in a pair of militaristic medal-mongers. The military screwed most people up, that was clear. But this girl, Lune, seemed not ot have been stung by the beauraucracy of the OMNI forces. All the better... one more person he could talk naturally to.

"So-o-o..." He began with a grin, unshouldering his satchel and holding it by the strap in one hand. With his right hand he adjusted his straw cone-hat slightly, looking at Lune with a joking grin. "Any nice positions open? Supreme Commander of OMNI Forces, perhaps?"

Edited by Guest

((As long as Valiant accepts the bio, then its fine with me.  And just remember guys, this isn't for applications to a faction, its to get an idea of each faction and to ask questions.  I'm sure you've all read Valiant's announcement regarding that, so this is just a heads up, kay?))

"Thailand?  Never been there before, hows the weather this time of year?"  Lune said as she leaned against the table non-chalantly ((love that word )).  Sure, she might get in trouble for not just handing out an application form and calling down the next person in line, but what was the point of working here if you couldn't learn a bit about the people you were going to work with?  Now prepared for Atake's antics, she didn't have to work that hard to stop herself from laughing, and instead gave a childish grin when she heard him ask to be Supreme Commander of OMNI forces.

"I'd personally love to give you the job, but I think my dad's already gunning for that position; aaaannd he doesn't like to lose..."  Lune said, taking a moment to look over her shoulder, as if she feared that her father would materialize next to her and catch her joking around about him.  Once she was satisfied that her father hadn't mastered some strange art of teleportation, she turned back to Atake, her grin ever present upon her face,

"Besides, whats a funny guy like you doing in a place like this?  You know being a soldier is tough work; I've got the bruises to prove it."

"Awww," Atake mock-moaned, before giving an exaggerated it's-your-loss shrug. An ever-wide grin was still plastered across his face as he lazily put his hands behind his head and interlaced his fingers. "Too bad. I coulda lead the OMNI forces to kick some major ass... oh, well. Weather's pretty humid all-year round where I live, by the way. It's near the jungles."

In truth, it was in the jungles. But it wouldn't do very well to give some outright hints that Atake the Fool was, in fact, a guerilla trooper who had been trained to fight in a fashion that was a far cry from the rigid and regimental courses Government soldiers went through. Of course, it might all become apparent when other soldiers actually witnessed him fight... but that was another day.

"Besides, whats a funny guy like you doing in a place like this?" Lune asked suddenly, jolting Atake back to reality. He immediately raised an eyebrow at her critical question, but held his tongue for when she had finished. "You know, being a soldier is tough work; I've got the bruises to prove it."

"I'm sure I'll manage!" The young man laughed, taking the innuendo as lightly as was humanly possible. She, basically, was telling him he didn't look like a soldier and probably couldn't be a soldier, but Atake didn't care. He gave one of his infectious grins again. "I mean, last time I checked, 'funny guy' wasn't a synonym for 'sissy', was it? Besides, I've received my fair share of bruises so far."

As he spoke and laughed, he brought his hands up, turning them palm-inwards in minor gesticulation. Any fool would have noticed, as he did so, that his right hand was not normal. The fingernails on the index-, middle- and ring-finger of that hand were missing, with scarred flesh in place of nail. He had totally forgotten about it, though, and made no attempt to cover it up.

((You better be missing me alot  .  Sorry for the absence, just haven't had the time to do much lately, but hopefully that will stop soon, only have two more mid-terms next week, and they're in my easiest classes, so its not that big a worry; the only bad thing is that they both happen to be on my birthday of all days  :(" title="Angry" />.  My only saving grace is the fact that my brother comes home shortly afterwards and that I'll be able to play PSU online  , oh, and black magic, your character has been approved for awhile, so if you were thinking of joining the EA, then just post in your character thread that you want to sign up    ))

Despite being blessed with extraordinary eyesight, Lune wasn't a very perceptive person, and little details always swept past her without her even noticing them.  That was how it was with Atake's right hand, whose missing fingernails didn't phase her in the least.  Lune had grown attached to Atake already, as he was a fun guy to be around, and probably full of stories to help pass the longer days.  Even if he didn't end up passing through basic training, Lune felt that he should at least try; if only to hear his take on boot camp.

"I bet you'll do great, the military needs more fools like us; everyone's so uptight, its crazy I tell ya."  Lune said as she handed him one of the standard application forms that all recruits had to fill out.  Luckily it seemed that there wasn't much of a line-up anymore, so there wasn't any actual rush for Atake to fill out the form; giving Lune more time to chat with her new favorite comedian,

"Take your time filling that out, I've been bored half to death today, and you're probably the first real person I've met in a long time; unlike some of the people I've handed out application forms to.  You have to tell me, what are you planning on doing in OMNI, now that your dream of being the supreme commander has been oh so shattered by over-zealous daddy?"

[OOC: I think I already did post that somewhere in there ]

"Uh..." Atake paused for a moment as he took the paper and a random pen off the desk, contemplating his answer. "I've always liked the Mobile Suits, y'know, so assuming there ain't a last-minute vote in my favor for Supreme Commander... I'll probably try and be a pilot. Probably for the best... I don't think I'd wanna mess with your dad."

His eyes flitted down for a moment as he made an effort to read the text on the form; he'd never really been a good reader ever, due to the lack of books in his hometown and his mouth moved in silent pronunciation. After a few moments his face looked more puzzled than challenged and he began thinking out aloud.

"I wonder if it would be too corny to put 'yes, please' for the question on Sex... I'd probably just be boing and put 'Male'. Marital Status... why the hell would they want to know that? Ah, well... Blood Type? I dunno what kinda blood type I have. I'll just put 'B+' and hope I'm right..."

He looked up again suddenly, struck by a thought. His large brown eyes were inquisitive and friendly under his straw Chinaman hat, locking with Lune's. "How about you? Are you just administration, or are you a soldier or a pilot or something?

[OOC: I've checked your profile again, and while your profile is geared towards the EA ((occupation, personal history, citizenship,etc)), it is required for all AD members to officially post in their threads stating which faction they wish to apply for after having their character approved ((with the exceptions of Faction leaders and Deputies, as its naturally assumed who they're gonna join)).  So if you're interested in the EA, make sure to post on your profile whenever you're ready.  Also, as a shout out to any other prospective members, EA or otherwise, feel free to jump in here for a chance to flex those RP muscles.  This is about learning which faction suit's your interests best, so feel free to join in and ask away. ]

Lune wasn't expecting Atake to ask her what she did for a living, namely for the fact that she was stifling a few giggles from his comical take on the application form.  It took her a moment to compose herself, but afterwards she was able to maintain her childish grin as she replied to him,

"Administration?  Thats a laugh; I don't know how they manage to do this kind of work full-time."  She said with a chuckle, "Nah.... Me, I'm actually a pilot myself; a pretty darned good one if I do say so myself.  This is just a temp job until I get orders to the otherwise."

Lune's face took on a tired expression after she said that, as if it brought back memories that she had been hoping not to relive.  Not that they were particularly sad or harsh memories, but simply that they weren't from one of her better days.  "I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for the fact that I needed the extra cash for a new tennis racket."  She said, a slight redness appearing along her cheeks as she spoke, "You see...... I kinda went and broke my old one over some guy's head; its a long story."

Atake had grown quite used to reading people's faces, and it wasn't hard to determine Lune's expression as she answered his question. He looked askance at nothing in particular for a moment, a flicker of regret bolting through him. Had he overstepped some boundary? Whatever he did, Lune didn't really seem to be finding humour in it.

He held back a laugh when he heard that she had broken her old tennis racquet over someone's head, wondering if it would offend her or not. He knew damn well he'd touched a tender nerve somewhere back there with his question on Administration, but he had no idea where... it was best to just run with the situation.

"Oh," He said with a nod, trying to hit the perfect tone: not the kind of 'I don't care' oh and not the kind of 'you're weird' oh... just the plain 'oh' oh. He'd never realized how hard it was to achieve that when it was needed. Gently, he slid the paper a little bit towards Lune and walked to the side of the table so that they both could read the paper without him actually being over her shoulder.

"Hey, could you help me a little with this form? I pretty much suck at reading English... we only spoke Thai in my hometown. There's some words here I've never heard."

• 1 month later...

Right now, the EA seems to be the faction I want to start out with for my first character, but I'm having some trouble working out the personal history of my character.  Trying to explain how a former Orb resident would want to join the EA when the person is only 17-ish is tricky.  The biggest problem for me is coming up with names for the person's relations (father, mother, and a few other people). 

The character I have in mind hasn't had much of a military career, so I figured she would be best to use once the Pilot Academy is up and running.  Until that happens, though, I don't have much in mind on what she can do in the mean time.  It would be easier if I could have my character assigned a division and commanding officer.   

If you need help with names, do check out the links page where we have quite a number of name generators to help you along

I guess you can change the age to make the explanation more feasible then

As for the other concerns, I think Kaizer would be in a better position to look into them.

Yeah, sorry for ignoring this topic for so long, but exams and stuff had eaten away at me for awhile. 

@Atake(black magic):  There's little else I think you need to know, especially since your character has been accepted, Hopefully we can meet in the RP somewhere, as Lune and Atake seem to react quite positively to each other, and it makes for fun RPing.

@Valiant: Thanks for looking over the place while I was gone, I can take care of the Help Desk from here on in 

@Vanguardian: A character's age can be quite deceiving, so your character may still act like a 17 year old, but she could be quite a bit older than that (my Kai Zergas character on SEED RPG was 20 something, but due to his hectic childhood, he still acted very much like an overly emotional teenager ).  As for names, Name generators work wonders as Valiant suggested, but doing a google search for baby names also works from time to time, as they often explain what the name means as well.  As for commanding officer's and other assignment concerns, we can work on those when you have your character's history worked out.  We have a few high ranking members who would probably be more than willing to take you under their wing, and if you have specific concerns you can always PM me 

(Note: with the RP now open, I don't think we really need to answer all the questions in RP, so I'll only reply ' in character' if someone else posts here 'in character' as well)