Bolero

General and Technical Data

Model number: XXXG-01F0

Code name: False Twilight Gundam

Unit type: Stealth Assault Mobile Suit

Manufacturer: N/A

Operator: Damianos Canem Nocturne

First deployment: N/A

Capacity: A specially customized, single-person cockpit fitted with a special neural uplink (which allows the pilot to use the False Twilight’s more intricate weapon systems)

Height: Overall Height - 18 meters (60 feet)  Full Wingspan - 26 Meters (86.67 feet)

Weight: 28.45 metric tons (Empty), 79 metric tons (Max Gross)

Construction: Superdense Osmium Fractal

Power plant: Ultra-Compact Nuclear Fission Reactor; maximum output approximately 12,886 kilowatts

Equipment and design features: Mirage Colloid (active stealth unit); Sensors, long range; “Gilded Seraphim” wing binders; Prototype “Phantom’s Cloak”; N-Jammer Canceler

Fixed armaments: FT-42M “Mirage” prototype beam weapon, stored in siphoning rack on leg, hand carried in use; “Twilight” energy garrote, located on palms; 2x R7-3E1 “Parasite” high-output energy cannon, stored in recharge racks in legs, hand carried in use

Optional hand armaments:

Technical and Historical Notes

Here, I'm basically describing all of the "custom" parts/equipment in great detail. Just so, you know, you guys won't be like "what the hell does this do?"

Superdense Osmium Fractal

An extremely new, highly-experimental alloy currently possessed solely by the mercenary group Soldiers of Fire, the Superdense Osmium Fractal is an exorbitantly resilient alloy which possesses highly refractive qualities; the inherent density of Osmium, amplified several magnitudes through the magic of covalent bonding, provides an incredible amount of tensile strength by itself.

However, the fractal layering superimposed atop it provides amazingly good defense against beam weapons by reflecting the majority of their energy away and absorbing what remains. However, the fractal layer is somewhat delicate, and must be frequently replaced; a highly expensive process which is one of this armor’s few drawbacks.

“Twilight” Energy Garrote

Small, intensely powerful energy conduits set in the palms of the False Twilight, and one of the incredible innovations for which it received its name. Stray energy particles are siphoned into the crystalline matrix from the surrounding environment, and if not enough are present the power is drawn from the Mobile Suit itself; the energy is heavily concentrated and refined until it becomes liken to, what Damien likes to call “distilled light.”

A magnetic loop is established between the opposing conduits, and this “distilled light” is released into it; the immaterial (but still present) properties of the magnetism keep the “distilled light” restrained by the boundaries of the loop. Thus, the loop can be adjusted and more DL added, allowing for incredible malleability. As one can assume from the name, this “garrote” of light can be used to capture limbs or weapons (even beam ones, but nothing to incredibly well-concentrated) and sever them.

Extremely draining if the environ is not energy-saturated.

Prototype “Phantom’s Cloak”

An innovative armor system originally designed by Damien (now mass-produced) in that it has no truly “active” components; rather, the Mobile Suit itself is modified so as to possess optimum stealth capabilities even without using something such as a Mirage Colloid. Bizarre, curved armor plates reduce radar cross signature and contain heat extremely well (making infra-red detection a large hassle as well). This armor also possesses a permanent mirror coating, giving it an almost mirage-like quality which makes it naturally blend into the environment; this feature was removed from the mass-produced version, as it was unusually costly and provided too few advantages to make it cost-efficient.

“Gilded Seraphim” Wing Binders

A unique set of wing binders adorn the back of the False Twilight akin to a glimmering carapace formed of five curved, concentric plates which rise gradually higher from outside inward, molding together nigh-seamlessly despite their symmetrically contrasting colorations (half wrought of fluidic quicksilver and the other of grave onyx) whilst not being used. If activated, each level of this stacked armor separates into (vaguely blade-like) wings whose decadence belies their devastating functionality, significance further disguised by the countless (apparently) delicate, startlingly articulate feathers of which each wing is composed; for all the world they appear as real as the wings of any biblical seraphim.

Wrought of an unknown, adamantine metal with a vague translucency which bestows upon them an almost illusory appearance (Originally discovered within an extraordinarily ancient impact-crater upon the dark side of the moon, it has proved to be a wholly unique substance thus far), the function of these wings is the absorption of solar energy; their special properties (and enormity) magnify the level of energy attained from said rays several fold, allowing for enormous amounts of power to be gleaned through such a normally inefficient method.

When in open space (i.e. when the Sun is not blocked by a celestial body, or any physically solid structure of sufficient size) the "Gilded Seraphim" wing binders seem to gleam with soft (but strikingly luminescent) -almost, in a word, divine- light which wavers about as if the wings themselves were emitting it; another reason for their rather biblical name. It isn't (at least, not entirely) just a stunning visual display, however; the wings themselves can absorb roughly 277 kW/min [16,620 kW/hour], an utterly astounding figure. However, this light show also makes the False Twilight blatantly visible to nearly every form of detection, and should only be used in case of emergency during stealth missions.

FT-42M “Mirage” Prototype Beam Weapon

A prototype beam weapon whose every aspect was designed by Damien himself, it is still in the early stages of development, but is in itself a technological marvel. Powered by the “Fallacy” System, a series incredibly unstable energy matrices which utilize false infinite-feedback loops to endlessly refine and amplify their original charge (thus constantly increasing the energy contained within by exponential factors), the Mirage has (in layman’s terms) a self-sustaining power source which is constantly growing larger; this is also the primary reason for their instability, as if ever the energy contained within should exceed the crystalline matrices’ capacity (which is a truly remarkable figure, but exponential growth tends to skip through numbers rather quickly) all of the highly condensed power would be discharged in a single instant.

This detonation would be sufficient to warp the fabric of reality and purge any matter contain within the affected space, for all intents and purposes creating “non-space;” basically, anything contained within the disturbingly large range of critical mass would be wiped permanently from the face of existence. This instability is also cause the for the weapon’s name, which his derived from its blade (being extremely unique for a beam weapon).

Due to the nature of its power source and the fact that Mirage simply draws so much power (power which has been refined countless times over) through an inordinately multi-faceted prism, its blade (while being only slightly longer than the average is) appears as a shimmering, translucent beam of sapphire; the amount of heat this energy construct exudes is so incredibly vast that it gives the visual illusion of a wavering mirage. It is still, surprisingly, a stealth weapon, as the heat diffusion is of such a level it actually prevents devices such as radar from detecting it.

R7-3E1 “Parasite” High-Output Energy Cannon

While certainly not a “cannon” per se, the R7-3E1 “Parasite” is something more akin to a large handgun in size (at least, for a Mobile Suit). The second half of the equation in regards to the FT-42M “Mirage,” the Parasite constantly siphons away energy from the Mirage whenever it isn’t being used, utilizing that pilfered energy to sustain itself. Without these to constantly drain away the Mirage’s constantly growing power, the devastating flaw of its instability would be a certainty. Outside of this use, however, they are still a valuable asset to the False Twilight.

An R7-3E1 is an extremely high-powered energy weapon (at least, comparatively), capable of punching through almost any given armor and/or shielding one might find on Mobile Suits (it isn’t going to be piercing Ship armor or some such nonsense); the flaw in this, however, is that (due to their size) this blast is a bright cobalt lance of highly condensed energy. As such, the circumference of the beam is rather small and hitting an agile Mobile Suit is a particularly bothersome trial; by the same token, it is practically invisible to most forms of detection (somewhat like a silenced gun, really) and is hideously deadly when used in tandem with stealth.

Edited by Guest

Meh... Yeah, this is the ideal Stealth-Oriented MS, the XXXG-01F0 False Twilight. With neat weapons and some impressive equipment (all of it created by me), I honestly doubt it will ever be upgraded beyond this point here. At least, not by very much.

Edited by Guest

We're not accepting mobile suit applications at the time Bolero, but if you want to discuss the suit without flooding this page, I'd suggest asking an admin to move it to the pointless chatter section.  Members aren't allowed to have mobile suits or mobile armors until they pass the academy (which is currently in a transitive state for an undetermined period of time), and even then, they can only have a custom suit when they can afford it; otherwise it is a faction issued standard model.

Ah, yes, that much I understand. What I wanted by putting it here is largely to discuss its equipment, but yeah I guess it would be good for it to go into the Pointless Chatter section. Best not to clutter this place up, after all.

Also, is it possible to earn money through the creation of parts/weapons? As in, parts for your Faction or the like.

The money system is still in its primary stages, but assuming a member designed weapon/suit was accepted by the faction, I would assume a certain amount of compensation would be given.  This is only speculation for the time being, and I'll be sure to bring the question up when the time arises.  Being a mobile suit designer or sorts myself (as seen by the number of suits I had a hand in working on back at SEED RPG, as well as ones that never got past the conceptual stages), I myself have a personal reason to see this question get answered, not that I really care that much about getting extra site money.

Now that its in the chatter section of the site, we can properly discuss the suit without confusing people 

Now, in terms of overall design, it seems pretty cool, and whenever I think of it, all I can picture is the Astrangant from the SRW series (which is a compliment, as the Astranagant is awesome IMO).  In terms of balance with the RP, and actual costs of the suit, its probably an impossibility to obtain it as is.  Not only does it have a LOT of new equipment, but it also has a nuclear fission engine, which means it needs an N-Jammer Canceler as part of its equipment payload.

Many of the weapons are pretty far out there, making this thing look more like a Super Robot ala Mazinger or Voltron (especially the Genesis cannon, reminds me of the Astranagant even more ), which isn't a bad thing, but is out of place in a gundam themed RP (which is why my Lune character will never be able to pilot the Valsione ).

I'd love to fight this thing, but I think I'd need more than a few gundams of my own to take it down . 

Actually, the entirety of the Genesis Circuit was just, well, a bit of a needless addition. I thought "maybe this energy isn't getting a proper use as just a recharge" while making the Wing Binders, so is very easily removed. I'm sure that'll shave off quite a bit of the hefty price.

Off it goes, into the void of deletion.

As for the Power Plant, ah, I see. I got all of my part information from, well... It was a site that named the parts, but didn't really expound upon them. I just categorized them depending on how complicated their name was. with the most complex being the most powerful.

I should probably add that N-Jammer Canceler, then.

Edited by Guest

[align=center]BOSS BATTLE[/align]

The ragtag group of soldiers, or more specifically, their mobile suits, carefully watched their sensor readouts as they surveyed the frozen wasteland that was (at least at one point) known as Siberia. There had been reports of that particular MS being somewhere in the vicinity, and of course their orders were to disable it.

Not destroy the damnable thing, oh no; it was far too valuable for that. Not to mention the rather,dire, possible repercussions if its fuckin' sword was jostled the wrong way when they were blasting it to "salvageable scrap."

Sergeant Johnston shook his head to clear his thoughts; just in time to hear the radio (Was it a radio? He barely understood more about the suit's tech than your average civilian, complicated as it was; piloting it was all that he could comprehend.) crackle and James Taggart (an overconfident blowhard of a soldier if he ever saw one) yell about spotting something, his voice perhaps even more irritatingly loud than usual.

A visual distortion? It had to be; radar wasn't worth half its weight in shit against the thing, and infra-red just wasn't powerful enough to detect heat emissions through this cold. Still, it was damn near impossible to see anything like a vague wavering of the air with all the white...

Of course, having blaring klaxons which scream about imminent danger in one's head is complete myth, as they (in absolute fact) exist only in the fanciful imagination of you, the reader; nevertheless, I'm sure you can infer the point they would be trying to convey, even if Johnston is unable to heed their (nonexistent) cry.

The Sergeant swiftly came to understand, albeit from experiencing the danger firsthand rather than any sort of intuition. A chord of radiant cobalt (known as the "Twilight" energy garrote) appeared as if from nowhere, wrapping around the neck of his Mobile Suit and promptly severing the head. If one want wished to understand the rather unique sound caused by this action, it was nearly identical to one produced by a "lightsaber;" specifically, the peculiar high-pitched shriek emitted when it cleaved through metal.

The air behind Johnston's (now disabled1) Mobile Suit wavered, like a heat-induced mirage in the desert, before the False Twilight was revealed in all  its symmetrically contrasting, mechanically-seraphic glory. All in all, it was not (even barely) sufficient cause from the two remaining mechs to turn tail and run; it was, however, enough to startle them into a pausing briefly.

While such an infinitesimal period would, for most, prove insufficient to accomplish anything of note... For the False Twilight, it was enough.

And thus, the battle was joined.

1: The highly concentrated magnetic field used to form the "Twilight" is powerful enough to permanently destroy an MS's sensitive inner components once the armor is stripped away.

I typed  this up on a whim (only took a couple of minutes) after reading what you said; 3 on 1 sounded like a fun idea for a roleplay with Mechs. But, I'm not entirely up to making some crazy-long battle (using a mech I don't have) against rather disappointing enemies (which I control)... Still, this was pretty fun.

...I've got an idea.

Maybe you (Or anyone, really, but I get a feeling you know more about using Mobile Suits, and would be able to explain how I could improve.) can join in this whatever it is, to engage the False Twilight in combat using a personal MS, or some specific MS of your choosing. It would be a little mock-battle; one that has no effect outside of honing roleplaying skills (or in my case, getting used to mechs). It's also a chance for me to try getting in character!

I can also get a rough concept of whether or not I'm up to the RPing standards here.

Edited by Guest

It's not a bad idea and perhaps I may join in at this little informal battle.  Your initial narration reminds me of the two fan-fictions we got posted in the art section.  (One about a proposed Orb aquatic MS, Amemasu, by Rad, and a more general one by me.)

However, I would suggest that you try to get your profile approved first, to ensure that you'll be able to participate in the main RPs.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally: what I'm wondering about is whether or not the very CONCEPT of such a complicated weapon as the Mirage is acceptable. Or rather, more to the point, whether the Fallacy System is adequately plausible.

If it is, I basically intend to churn out a whole product line using it; self-sustaining Armaments and Power Plants and such. I originally had the whole idea written out, but I've lost it; Valiant might still have it, hopefully, so maybe I can put it up here to better explain the concept.

Of course it'll at least be a little while before I can, as there's the fact that if until being perfected the system is very dangerous. Once complete, the old designs are being permanently destroyed; imagine if a terrorist group or enemy faction got hold of such technology, to use it for the flaw's power? If a bunch a fanatics or warmongers got hold of unstoppable Weapons of Mass Destruction, a weapon that is to space like what an eraser is to a penciled drawing.

Terrifying.

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry, meant to reply to this earlier)

I think it's because you have far too many radical (and somewhat godly) technologies incorporated into this suit.  The disadvantages of each system hardly make a dent compared to the benefits. 

I think the Osmium Fractal and the Phantom's Cloak would be the most acceptable tech among the others.  (Basically any tech that are derivatives of current CE tech, e.g. reflective armor, Mirage Colloid and alternatives, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...I guess I'll look at all the specific tech first.

“Twilight” Energy Garrote:  Just a bit too extreme to be accepted in any form.  However, there are alternatives that is based on current tech.  You could still have a wire garrote composed of some extremely durable and heat-resistent alloy and then infuse it with additional heat to get a strong cutting effect.  (This is similar to the Gouf Ignited's "Slayer Whip" heat rod, minus the electric shock)

The idea for the Wing Binders is interesting, however the two main issues I saw was the following:

1. Lack of purpose.  You did not directly state the main function of these wings unless it's merely for some visual ploy.

2. Extremely exotic metals used in its construction would seem rather unlikely and the chance that such metals would be immediately applied to MW tech is also unfeasible.

The "Mirage" Beam Weapon...no...just, no.

After re-reading the description for the "Parasite," I think it's actually quite acceptable, so nevermind on that.

Good to hear.

Man, I just logged in and after posting this I'll take a look at the various new things. What a mess, what a mess.

• Yeah, the "Parasite" guns are pretty powerful... But, well, unless you can
    manage to hit a key point(s) on the Mobile Suit, you'll have to land quite a few shots. After all, the False Twilight focuses on Stealth rather than Brute Force.

• I did state the purpose of the wings, though. They collect energy, like a secondary power generator in case of emergency, such as for use in especially long-range missions or when the suit is taxing its normal power reserves.

• Yeah, the Mirage is pretty over-the-top. It was originally just going to be really diverse and adjustable (i.e., different lengths, concentrations, even color for aesthetic purposes), but I totally blew it out of proportion with the Fallacy system. Instead... What about some sort of sonic weapon? Still, I worked rather hard on that system, so do you think I can keep that, if at least for later use in spacecraft or mobile armor as a power source when it is perfected (no critical mass)? I need some way to obtain money for this suit, and... Well, I imagine a self-sustaining power source would fetch a pretty hefty sum.

• As for the "Twilight," well, originally the conduits on the palms were going to just focus a large amount of energy and release it in a white-hot "lance" of energy. It was called the "Twilight Spear," and would mess up a mobile suit if it caught one, but it traveled in a straight line, and didn't go very far. I mostly changed it for, well, stealth purposes. The garrote is like a lightsaber, really; concentrated energy shaped by magnetic fields and something of a gyroscopic effect. I mean, they've already created pretty insane stuff, like planet-sized impregnable forcefields and massive laser batteries which can cut through anything; this really doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch. I could just convert the conduits into, like, extremely high-output, close-contact EMP cannons or something. Basically undetectable, and capable of permanently crippling a suit from VERY close range; well, permanently, unless they're very well-shielded against EMP.

These are just some concept weapons...

V5-02N "Noctis" Sonic Blade

A thin, crystalline shaft emerges from a handle composed of high-density composite plastoids, but it is not in fact the "blade" of this weapon. When activated, it utilizes the fundamental properties of vibration to great affect, as this crystal begins to vibrate along a specific frequency which causes almost every conventional metal to shake apart or "dissolve" into its component particles when contact is made.The weapon, due to being composed largely of sound waves, is an invisible distortion, making it ideal for stealth missions.The "Noctis" can also be set along another, similar frequency, which causes energy matrices (i.e. beam weapons, energy fields, etc.) to destabilize and diffuse into the air. This weapon is largely useless against organic or non-metallic substances.

V5-09T “Igneus” Shockwave Cannon

A rather large, handheld cannon which utilizes more advanced principles of vibration to create destruction on the battlefield. It releases extremely powerful shockwaves, sonic explosions which cannot truly be heard or seen outside of distortions, which are capable of momentarily stunning, damaging, sometimes even crippling(if significantly lacking in shielding) most any form of Mobile Suit. There is a vast multitude of wavelengths and frequencies available for use, whose effects can range from the scrambling of missile guidance systems to the disruption of a wide variety of energy fields; though currently such a wavelength has not been found, it is believed one such frequency may even destabilize Phase Shift Armor.

Edited by Guest

I'm still not comfortable with the exotic materials in the wing binders.  Also, even if you managed to improve upon its efficiency, the rate in which power is absorbed will be significantly slower than say, a Deuterion beam delivery system.  But yeah, this might be useful as a last resort.

@Garrote:  Actually, it is.  If you haven't notice the beam saber in the Cosmic Era, it's nothing more than a straight and cohesive 'stick' of light.  Just being able to shape such concentrations of energy (e.g. Deathscythe) is a relatively monumental task.  What you're suggesting goes far beyond that. 

@Sonic Blade: Not a bad idea, though not really original.  (First anime I saw that uses a similar concept would be the knives used in Evangelion)  However, there is a major weakness.  Because this particular weapon depends more on super-vibrating sonic waves rather than the vibrating blade itself, it will be useless in space, since sound needs air in order to carry forth.

@Shockwave cannon:  Part of this doesn't seem like a cannon and more like an emitter or disrupter.  The purpose of this cannon seems completely contrary to a supposedly stealth-oriented suit.

EDIT: The power system, while it may 'fetch you a hefty sum' it will also knock you beyond broke just to design and develop it.

Hm.. Good point. However, a self-sustaining power source is a nice dream, is it not?

Well, really, the materials could be any sort of photo-sensitive substance,

I guess I SHOULD improve on that sonic weapon, but really, is just a minor change.

Well, hm. As for the cannon, well, it was actually meant for a different suit. I just decided "Hey, maybe Stealth isn't my thing" and tried making a Heavy Combat suit. That was a bust.

But, instead of that cannon... How about some sort of energy projectors on the palms?

"Umbra Cruentus" Energy Projector

A pair of high-power energy projectors set into the palms of the False Twilight's hands, the "Umbra Cruentus" saturate the air with energy, forming a crackling, circular pane of crimson roughly three times larger than the hand from which it was born. This pane of energy is admirably powerful, capable of withstanding a great range of projectile and energy-based weaponry, but it was designed with the concept of quickly escaping fire in mind rather than standing fast before an onslaught of power. As such, they're useful when in a pinch, but are solely for defensive purposes.

General and Technical Data

Model number:  XXXG-01F0

Code name: False Twilight Gundam

Unit type: Stealth Assault Mobile Suit

Manufacturer: Unknown

Operator: Damianos Canem Nocturne

First deployment: N/A

Capacity: A specially customized, single-person cockpit fitted with a special neural uplink (which allows the pilot to use the False Twilight’s more intricate weapon systems)

Height: Overall Height - 18 meters (60 feet)  Full Wingspan - 26 Meters (86.67 feet)

Weight: 28.45 metric tons (Empty), 79 metric tons (Max Gross)

Construction: Superdense Osmium Fractal

Power plant: Ultra-Compact Nuclear Fission Reactor; maximum output approximately 12,886 kilowatts

Equipment and design features: Mirage Colloid (active stealth unit); Sensors, long range; “Gilded Seraphim” wing binders; Prototype “Phantom’s Cloak”

Fixed armaments: V5-02N "Noctis" Sonic Blade, stored on back, hand carried in use; "Umbra Cruentus" Energy Projectors, located on palms

Optional hand armaments: 2x R7-3E1 “Parasite” high-output energy cannon, stored in recharge racks, hand carried in use

Edited by Guest

Ah, a new and improved version of the barrier:

"Umbra Cruentus" Energy Projector

A pair of high-power energy projectors are set into the palms of the False Twilight's hands, large crimson lenses which constantly emit faint illumination, which saturate the immediate space around them with energy when activated. This saturation of energy quickly takes a vague shape, and the extremely high kinetic energy of superheated particles gives it a scarlet coloration; eventually, the movement of these particles is sufficient to ensconce the energy-saturated space within a magnetic envelope, giving it a definitive circular shape and focusing the energy within to form a sort of deceptively substantial barrier of energy. This "pane" of energy serves as a surprisingly formidable shield, one capable of withstanding an extensive range of ballistic projectile and energy-based weaponry, but it was designed with the concept of "quickly escaping the line of fire" in mind rather than the stupidly heroic notion of standing fast before an immense onslaught. As such, they're useful when in a pinch, but are solely for defensive purposes.