New Arrivals

Wagner

(Just because the Schatten Dolche thread is stuffed full of combat and is annoying to read through... )

The huge transport plane set down with a mighty roar of engines and squeel of tires, Wagner gripped the shoulder straps that harnessed him into the crew-compartment's uncomfortable steel framed seat's a little bit tighter... He hated leaving his fate in the hands of sky-jockeys... Well... Transport-jockeys really... His teeth found his lip and he bit closeing his eye's tightly and keeping his stoumiqh steady, he prepared for the sudden jerk that would be the backfire of the engines as they kicked in to help lessen the mighty transports speed. One mistake and the whole thing would come tumbling down on it's nose, most likely burst into flame... Then explode... And the fact that *highway to hell* was blareing on the comm dident help matters much either... So here he was... Wagner A. Altman sitting on a transport with several tons of highexplocives listening to a song that after it had been first song... Killed the band that wrote it a few day's later... Yeah... Really comforting... At least he was looking forward to his new assignment.

Guarding his mentors newest daughter and being reunited with "Little Loony" he could only hope she'd remmber him... What should he say to her? What should he do? "Eh! Loony! Uncle's back!" Yeah... That wouldent work... And the new girl, the Admiral said that she was a real dispassionate female... How was he supposed to protect someone who would most likely adress him with full military honors...? Gah! Things got so complicated when he thought! He cursed as he felt the machine finnaly roll to a stop, felt the plateing beneath his feet shudder as the back ramp began to slip down.

(Yeah... Sorry i'ts so short... JOIN IN LUNE! JOIN IN WINDERS! )

Kyra held her little clipboard tightly in her small arms, she straightened the berret that sat upon her head and watched as the ungainly transport ship set down upon the airstrip of the base. Despite Schatten Dolch being stationed upon some military ship, Lune had saw fit to send her little sister ahead to retrieve this 'Uncle' of hers. Though Kyra knew that the man was no blood relative of her sister, but then again her sister was no blood relative of her.

The little girl knew that the life of a pilot was a little bit more hectic than that of a CIC officer, which was just what she had been prior to being transferred. Emotionlessly she stood at the base of the boarding ramp, giving a small salute as a man came down; must be this Ensign Wagner A. Altman. Apparently he had helped raise Lune while her father and he were in a unit together; though such things did not matter in the course of duty. What mattered was that this man was transferred into the 13th Black Squadron and now he was essentially one of her commanding officers.

"Ensign Wagner A. Altman?" she asked in a plain, emotionless voice; finishing off her salute and tucking the clipboard beneath her arm.

Wagner's return was sloppy and preoccupied as he husteled down the ramp at double time, his head turning and his eye's searching for the tell-tale blonde hair... Instead, he found himself alone at the base of the ramp, alone with what looked to be a simple techy, he dident even bother to closely inspect her bars or her name.

"Verdammt noch mal!" He cursed vhenemetly, he'd gotten his hopes up of seein Lune... And she dosent even show up to see her poor uncle, he'd have to guilt her with a long and worthless speech about his health...

"Oi!" He turned his head to the girl really looking at her for the first time. "Your my welcome-party?" He smirked in his typical manner, his duffel swung lazily about his shoulders, he certainly dident look imprecive, his admiralty cap twisted cock-eye the deaths-head insignia catching the light to sparkle brightly.

"When do we meet up with Lune?" He asked rapidly, his affection for the girl whome he felt like a father to was evident in the way he hopped lightly from foot to foot, as if hyped up on coffee or some other beverage, indeed he wasent, he would of hurled if he was after that landing. But that dident change the fact that the prospect of seeing Lune was invigorating... Hell he even wanted to meet this new girl... What was her name again?

She gave him a strange look, "Welcome party?" she said, oblivious to it's slang term and a string of what seemed like Russian; "I'm afraid not, sir. Such things are forbidden while on duty" this was said as if it was common sense, which it was. "Ensign Zoldark will be here momentarily, she has asked me to meet you and bring you to our temporary headquarters aboard the BFS Absolute."

"My name is Crewman Recruit Kyra Relm, sir." she said, before motioning to a jeep nearby, "If you would follow me, sir." she said; sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle. Another crewman recruit sat in the driver's seat, though he was not of the 13th Black Squadron, just a regular enlisted soldier.

Well... So much for a happy go lucky clone of Lune... This was the girl he was sent to take care of? "Uhhh... Did you say Kyra Relm?" He asked hopeing he'd misheard her, hell he even moved his hat to expose his ear... Maybe it was all the fighting he's done in the past... Yeah... He must be going deaf... It seemed like the only thing this girl needed protection from was an angry pencil sharpner.

But without waiting for her reply he hopped neatly into the back of the jeep, his duffle hanging from his shoulder, his dog-tags jingling from his neck... Hell, even if this girl semeed like a stick in the mud Lune would make up for it... She always brought a smile to his face and a tear to his heart.

Lune watched from a distance as the military issue jeep pulled up and into their current transport ship; the BFS Absolute.  It sucked that they still hadn't managed to get the 13th squadron's suits transferred to this new ship; and it had taken all of Lune's willpower to refrain from beating the unfortunate messenger to a pulp with her skateboard when she found out.  Still, the news that her father's old friend, and her unofficial uncle, would be visiting was enough to spare the messenger from any further chance of pain.  Since that moment, Lune had been waiting anxiously for Wagner to arrive, and it was only out of respect for him that she hadn't ran straight out to meet him; she didn't want him to see her looking like a mess after all.

The Lune that stood waiting when the Jeep came to a halt was far different from the Lune that had first met Kyra, and not only had Lune freshly combed her hair, but she had taken the time to dress herself in her full uniform, still preferring the male uniform over the skirts of the female uniform, but still taking the time to shine her shoes and everything; rather than throwing it all on in a rushed minute.  She still wore her blue headband as always, and her skateboard was at her side.  Lune had been carrying it with her far more often recently, and had been caught on more than one occasion day dreaming about the day that her uncle had given it to her.

"Uncle Waggy!"

Without waiting for Wagner to get out of the Jeep, Lune had rushed forward, opened the door, and leapt unceremoniously into his arms; an act that usually caught a few stares from the people around her, more for the fact that it was Lune who had started it and not the other way around.  For people to see the tomboyish, rash, short-tempered lieutenant of the 13th black squadron acting like the young teenager she was; some people just couldn't wrap their heads around it all.

"You still reek of those mints, Uncle Waggy." Lune then said, wrinkling her petite nose at the smell her uncle exuded, but continued to cling onto him happily.  She loved her uncle, smell and all.

The military jeep ploughed on as Wagner boarded the vehicle, "Why yes sir." she responded, other than that there was no conversation the entire transit time. This Wagner, even though the jeep was open top and moving quite quickly; he reeked of mints, not as if he was eating some, but as if he put it all over his body. Either that or Kyra's nose was a little bit too sensitive.

No matter, she thought as the jeep pulled up. The Zoldarks were a very odd family after all, a tomboy daughter who seemed more like a maverick who cared not for military discipline and an uncle who didn't seem as if he was in the military at all, but on vacation. She shook her head slightly as she disembarked and looked at Lune for a moment, disbelievingly.

In the days she had known her sister, she had never seen her shine her shoes. Indeed this was a totally different Lune than the one she had known, but this all vanished in a puff of smoke as she embraced her uncle the way a child would to a parent. Standing there, she cleared her throat; "Ma'am, may I remind you that Section 5 of Article 2 states relationships are to be impersonal and professional."

Kyra's words dampened his smile... So... He hadent misheard, this was the girl? What was Bian thinking sending him here to watch her? Maybe there was something more to this girl? He couldent help but think that the admiral must of been slipping a bit... Really... Lune was one thing but this straightlaced female? How was he supposed to mentor that?

But his thoughts were interupted as the jeep rolled to a stop in front of a large transport... Normally the fact he was probely going to be traveling *AGAIN* might of registered with him as a foul mood... But... How could his mood be foul with the little girl he'd worked so hard to raise standing their looking like an angel... Her little blue headband.... Her masculine clothing... And... He felt his breath catch and a single tear form in the corner of his eye...  The skateboard, with alot more tape and dings than when he'd given it to her, but still... That was the skateboard... That was Lune!

He felt himself rise as if to climb out of the jeep but Lune beat him to it, she was down the ramp across the few feet of tarmac and hugging him before he even got a few inches out of his seat... As always her hug was more like a flying tackle, so much so that he felt his hat jar loose and fall at an odd angle across his eye, but he dident care... "LOONY! LITTLE LOONY!" He called happpily grabbing her by the shoulders and prying her off him for a moment so he could look her up and down.

"My little soldier! I havent seen you in so long! Look at you! Just the same as ever!" He rambeled on happily before wrapping his arms around her and hugging her tightly again, giving a huge sniff as he locked her in one of hsi famous bear-hugs... Her comment about the mint brought anouther huge smile to his face...

"You cheeky little demon!" He rumbeled happily patting her on the back still refuseing to let her go, despite the stares, smiles and jokes going on around him... Kyra's words came next... His reply was short terse but filled with elation and warmth... "Military protocol be damned! The day I let some damn book get between me and my little Loony's the day... Well I dont know what day it is! And i dont care! Oh loony how ya been darling!?" He said finnaly relinquishing his hold on her, ignoreing Kyra for the moment.

"Well rule 1 says you listen to your superior officers, and we're tellin ya not to ruin this moment, so nya!"  Lune said, poking her head around Wagner's shoulders so that she could momentarily stick her tongue out at Kyra.  She'd be damned if she let anyone ruin her reunion with her Uncle Waggy, especially not since she actually took the time to look decent for him; didn't effort count for anything these days?

She couldn't help but grimace slightly at her uncle's bear hug, but it was part of what she liked about him.  She could still remember the time when she used to think of him as her own personal teddy bear; not that she needed a teddy bear anymore, but it was nice to remember those times.  And her nickname, oh how long had it been since she heard that?  Of course, if anyone but Wagner called her 'Little Loony' they probably wouldn't be able to get up for at least a week afterwards, but for Wagner, it was just fine.

"Waggy, you seriously can't think that I'm still the same as always; I've gotten bigger, haven't I?"  Lune said as she finally eased out of her uncle's rib crushing hug.  Sure she was still short, but she was a growing girl damn it, and she didn't like being thought of as short since she knew she still had some growing up to do.

"But you know me, Pops keeps me busy by sending me here, there and everywhere.  And then he sends me Kyra here, and wouldn't you believe it; I've got a younger sister now!"  Lune added, looking back towards Kyra with a grin; sometimes she still couldn't get over the novelty of being the older sibling for once.  She had been the youngest for a while, then she had become and only child, now she was the eldest.  Now all that she needed was to be the middle child and to have a twin, then she could say she'd tried everything.

Wagner let out a little chuckle and ruffeled her hair feircly resisting the urge to hug her once more... "Aww... Well of course you've gotten taller!" He said holding her away again so he can get a better look... "I bet you've got all the young men after ya! My little loony! Ya make me feel even older than I am!" He chuckled shooing her off of him... "Speaking of being old, if you sit on me any longer I might just start getting back problems... Like old Smitty... Remmber old Smitty? He used to chase you around waveing that damn helmet while you ran all over with that skateboard... He never could get you to wear it long as I recall!" He teased grabbing his dufel and tossing it at the nearest (lower-ranked) crewman that caught his eye... "Take that to barracks would ya?" He called off handly adjusting his cap and smileing sweetly at his favorite charge...

He was like a mother-hen... He always had been andhe always would be...

(Sorry it sucks but kyra refused to post and made me do it instead. )

Kyra stood there, as if fuming silently as Lune disobeyed military protocol with a poke of the tongue. She kept her face blank, well for that she didn't need to bother for that; either way she mentally noted her sister's reaction to such comments and made it a point to inform her father the next time she got to communicate with him. After all, a dutiful soldier informed a higher ranking officer of such events.

While Kyra did not have much to say during this exchange between 'uncle' and 'neice' she did have alot to think about, mostly making complete fools of the two infront of her. For instant she compared the height of Lune to herself, while Kyra was much younger she was only about 8 inches taller than herself. Which to most people would be quite humiliating, but still growing? At 17 Lune may well be a bright officer but Kyra doubted she was still growing.

Of course Kyra was Lune's sister, but she'd rather call herself an enlisted officer below Ensign Zoldark rather than informal terms. Not only did it feel more comfortable but Lune just didn't seem the type to be the small, quiet and 'cute' blue haired girl's sister, because, well; Lune was wild where Kyra was reserved.

"What did he want me to do with it anyway?  It would've messed up my hair way too much; I mean, I can barely stand wearing a pilot's helmet, but mobile suits are more dangerous than skateboarding, so I guess I need it."  Lune said to her uncle as he passed off his bags to the nearest crewman, and she made sure to give the unlucky soldier a quick glare that told him, 'drop those things and you volunteer to be a bogey during target practice'.

She then looked towards Kyra, who seemed to stay out of the conversation and brood to herself; like that was anything new.  She really had to work on that personality her sister had, otherwise Kyra was gonna be so quiet all her life.  She needed to learn to get out more, have some fun.  Perhaps with Wagner and herself on the job, they could finally get Kyra to start acting more lively around others.  It was worth a shot, right?

"Hey, this calls for a celebration right?  We should go somewhere fun, just the three of us; what do you say Uncle Waggy?  Just me, you, and the kiddo."  She said, motioning towards Kyra as she spoke, as if she was offering her sister as some kind of prize on a game show.  Lune even took the liberty to start poking Kyra on the sides of the lips, as if it would actually force Kyra to speak.  She mimicked Kyra's voice to reply to her own suggestion, though it was obviously Lune and not Kyra who was speaking.

"Come on Unky-Waggy?  Me and big sister Lune want to have a party; lots of cake and pretty balloons too!"

"Celebration?" Kyra asked, this was definately not military protocol; when a new officer is assigned to a squad they were usually introduced to their duties before given leave to settle in. Urgently, Kyra thought of something she needed to do; "Sorry Lieutenant Zoldark." she said prompty, giving a small salute. "The Captain wants me to supervise the unloading of the first couple  GAT-01A2R's."

It was somewhat true that the Captain had asked her, but it was more of a request to watch the unloading rather than supervise it. Either way, it would be better to be in the hangar watching the grunts unload machines than being prodded by her sister for an entire afternoon.

Wagner waved his new charge off with impatience and dimissal rolled into one swift and chop-like gesture...  His eye's were only for his *adopted* neice... His little Loony! "Loony! That's a great Idea! But first..." He chuckled giving her a quick kiss on the forehead...

"Why dont you show me where i can take a shower? huh? I have been on a plane all day!" He joked stepping away from her and waiting to be led off...

(Add more tommrow... BUSY!)

"Well it takes time to get a party ready anyways, so we'll just have it when you're finished with the new suits; okay kiddo?"  Lune said, ruffling Kyra's hair quickly before returning her salute.  She wouldn't want Kyra to be left out of a fun party just because she had to go help with the new mobile suits, nor did she think that Kyra would actively try and avoid such a social get together.  She turned back to Wagner just in time to receive a quick peck on the forehead, something that most people would usually have been severely punished for doing to her; yet once again Wagner seemed to be the exception to that rule.

"I'll show you to the showers Uncle Waggy, and then we can get you a proper tour of the ship, and see about this party underway."  She said as she walked off, motioning for Wagner to follow her.  She rolled her skateboard in front of her as she walked, and was soon drifting along on it at a slow pace.  She was somewhat glad that she was going to have some private time with her uncle now, as she had really wanted to ask him how much he knew about Kyra without attracting unwanted attention.  It was still all new to her, having a sister, and one that was so much different than her at that.  She wanted to know just who Kyra's mother and father were, as Lune's father Bian hadn't been all too clear when he had dropped Kyra into Lune's care.  But Wagner was a close friend and somewhat of a confidant to her father, so Lune was sure that he had to know at least something.

Right?