Forum Guide

Valiant

Registration and logging into your account

Why can't I log in?

You need to register before you can log in. If you already have an account, you might have been banned. A message will be displayed if your account has been suspended. Contact the Advent Destiny Team if you wish to know why you were banned. If you have registered and are not banned but are still unable to log in, check your username and password. Make sure you are using the username and password you used to sign up on Advent Destiny. If the problem persists, contact the Advent Destiny Team for assistance.

Why do I need to register at all?

The choice to register is up to you. You will be allowed to view some areas of Advent Destiny that guests have access to, if you do not register. Registration will grant you access to areas of the site only accessible by members of Advent Destiny. Registered members also enjoy the privilege of using features not available to guests. It only takes a few minutes to register so why not sign up and join our community? Registration and membership are completely free!

Why do I get logged off automatically?

When you log into Advent Destiny, you can choose the duration you wish to be logged in for. You can choose to be logged in forever, though this feature is not recommended if you are using a shared computer.

I forgot my password!

All is not lost! You can reset your password. In the log in page, there is a link at the bottom that says "Forgot your password?". You will have the option of retrieving your password by entering your username or email address. A link to reset the password will then be sent to the email address which your account is registered to. Another option is answering your secret question (which you customized when you signed up). This will take you straight to the page to reset the password. So, please try to use a question that only you can answer to prevent hacking of your account.

I registered a while ago but I cannot log in anymore!

Check your username and password. Make sure you are using the username and password you used to sign up on Advent Destiny. If you have been inactive for a few months, your account might have been deleted, especially if you never posted after you registered. Contact the Advent Destiny Team to check if your account is still there. If not, please register again and we hope you would settle into the community better this time round.

Customizations

How do I change my settings?

To change your settings, click on the profile link below the user information bar. In the profile settings, you can modify account related information, forum profile information, look and layout preferences, notification and emails, and personal message options.

• Account related information
    The information here are critical to your account and any changes made will require you to enter your password. Here, you can change your display name, email address to associate the account to and change your password.

• Forum profile information
    This is where you personalize information about you that other members might view.

• Look and layout preferences
    Here, you can alter the way the site's appearance. You can enable quick reply here, choose whether avatars and signatures should be displayed, and change the date format and time offset.

• Notification and emails
    You can configure whether you wish to be notified by the administrator regarding important site updates and announcements, and whether you wish to be notified of replies to your posts.

• Personal message options
    You can customize the personal message settings here.

Posting and modifying your posts

How do I post new topics and reply to a topic?

You need to be registered before you can post a new topic or reply to a topic. To post new topic, simply click on the "New Topic" button to access the posting form for new topics. To reply to a topic, click on the "Add Reply" button that is at the top or bottom of the thread's page. If you are unable to reply to the topic, the topic might have been locked by an administrator or a moderator.

Is there a quick reply feature? I can't seem to find it!

To use the quick reply feature, you will need to enable it in the Profile settings under "Look and Layout Preferences". Under the "Use quick reply on topic display" option, you can choose the configuration for quick reply.

The default setting is "don't show at all".

The option "show, off by default" would include fast reply as a button beside the "Add Reply" button. Clicking on the "Fast Reply" button would open the fast reply text area.

The option "show, on by default" would include quick reply as a button beside the "Add Reply" button and the quick reply text area will be open by default.

How do I edit or delete my post?

Members are allowed to edit their own posts but will not be able to delete their posts. If you wish to delete your own post, kindly PM an administrator or moderator with the link to the thread or simply edit your post to request for the post to be deleted.

How do I link to the Cosmic Compendium?

You can link to any page in the Cosmic Compendium simply by placing the title of the page between wiki tags.

For example, to get [wiki]Cosmic Compendium[/wiki], you type the following:

[wiki]Cosmic Compendium[/wiki]

Please ensure that you include only the title of the page in the wiki tags as it would not recognize any BBC tag you add in. This means that if you wish to format the link, place the format tags outside the wiki tag.

For example, if you need to bold the link like this [wiki]Cosmic Compendium[/wiki], use the following code:

[b][wiki]Cosmic Compendium[/wiki][/b]

How do I start a poll?

You need to be registered before you can start a new poll. To start a new poll, click on the "New Poll" button. You will need to enter a subject and a poll question. At least two poll options must be included.

How do I edit or delete my poll?

Members are allowed to edit polls that they create but will not be able to delete the polls. If you wish to delete your poll, please PM an administrator or moderator with the link to the poll or simply edit the poll message to request for the post to be deleted.

How do I add images to my posts?

Advent Destiny does not allow the attachment of images to posts so as to reduce the strain on the server. However, you can attach a file to your post via the Imageshack plugin. Simply choose to upload the picture you wish to be attached and Imageshack would host the image for you.

Why is a topic locked?

A topic is locked by an administrator or moderator. Please do not question the staff's decision to lock a topic. If you feel that the topic is locked by mistake, PM an administrator or moderator.

Private messaging

Why can't I send private messages?

You need to register before you can use the private messaging system. If you have registered, please check to make sure that you are logged in. If you are logged in but are still unable to send private messages, the administrator might have prevented you from sending messages. Please contact the administrator by email. However, you should have been notified by email if your private messaging access has been revoked.

Why do I keep receiving unwanted private messages?

If you are receiving spam messages from a member asking you to join their site, please inform the administrator immediately as such an act is against the rules of the site. You have the option to ignore members from whom you do not wish to receive private messages. Please also take the time to inform the administrator so that we can stop the offending member from irritating members of the site.

[align=center]© 2005-2007 Advent Destiny.

Please refer to here for more copyright information.[/align]