3rd Generation Coordinator Sterility

Tnsumi

My cousin Kukem brought up a good point while I was talking to him today: Does anyone think that in the last 20 years, someone has addressed the growing concern over the Coordinator's eventually becoming sterile? Are we ever going to see 4th Generation Coordinators?

I don't know if this has been asked / discussed before, though I checked a couple pages back, and was hoping for some input on this. 4th Generation Coordinators could become a plot twist in and of themselves, so it's something to think about, at the least.

Any thoughts, or official responses?

I believe it has been asked before. This drawback would remain as a counterbalance for the physical superiority that the Coordinators benefit from. Remember that nothing and nobody is perfect. You gain some, you lose some. It is a way for us to give both races a level playing field.

Seeing as the AD timeline is only 10 years or so ahead of the GSD storyline, there hasn't been much time for there to be such a medical breakthrough; especially since only the Coordinator population (or Coordinator friendly naturals) would be worrying about the solution, so we don't have as many people working on it as we would for say Cancer/Parkinson's/Alzheimer's.

As well, this makes it so we can have a possible future storyline for AD, as there is always the chance that the cure (or something marketed as the cure) could crop up at any given time.  Whats more surprising is that there are so few people who think of making 3rd generation coordinator characters; I really want to see someone make one, almost as much as I want to see an Extended's child appear in the storyline (will be a reality when/if Valiant gives the go ahead for multiple charries; till then I wait patiently ).

Its seems so obvious, that a cure would be impossible to acquire without the coordinator population integrating with the natural population to add in raw genes to their too pure genetic structure.

The main cause of this sterility issue could be caused by the coordinator's arrogance, by trying to solve the problem with science instead of breeding 2nd generation coordinators with naturals to make the third generation. By setting a limit to the genetic manipulation on the children of both the natural/coordinator pairing, this could very well be a solution. But sadly, we can't do anything but toss theories left and right. 

Edited by Guest