Re: Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Valiant

I'll quote from Gunota:

Known details are:

Setting - 2307 AD ("seireki", Japanese for "anno domini")

Characters - 4 Gundam Meisters, who pilot the mobile weapons.

Factions - Solestal Beings (not real sure on the English name right now), a private militia group whose purpose is to eradicate wars.

Tagline at the end of the commercial - "Rebirth begins through destruction"

Rumors about the series have been going around Japanese message boards for some time, especially after Sunrise registered several Gundam00 domains. The proclamation that the setting would neither be in the Universal Century of the original nor the Cosmic Era of Gundam SEED, as stated by Sunrise's Yasuo Miyakawa, seems to have been followed through with. Staff members are yet to be confirmed although the most persistent rumor is that the series will be directed by Fullmetal Alchemist's Seiji Mizushima.

Heres a spoiler image of the short video

Other rumored staff list. don't know the source though, just got it from another forum.

Director: Seiji Mizushima (FMA, DaiGuard, Generator Gawl)

Series Composition/Scenario: Yosuke Kuroda (Infinite Ryvius, Scryed, Gungrave, Madlax)

Original Character Design: Yun Kouga (Loveless, assortment of yaoi manga)

Character Design/Animation Director: Kenichi Yoshida (Overman King Gainer, Eureka 7)

Music: Victor Entertainment/Sony Music

Animation Production: Sunrise

So the new trend in Gundams are slim Gundams 

Edited by Guest

Its seems like they're trying to re-work "gundam" again, much like they did when they made Wing and Seed. Is this another turning point of mobile suit designs? Its interesting, they try new ideas on the MS you see in the vid (eg. V-Fin sniper visor, round thingy on the blue Gundam's back) The character design is also very "unique" for a Gundam anime. Which makes sense because:

Original Character Design: Yun Kouga (Loveless, assortment of yaoi manga)

O_O LOL!

I think it's more of Sunrise you'll be hoping for not to ditch.

Aside from that, looks like a little element of Wing added in-An immediate intro of four main male leads. I'm not completely thrilled over the new character designs, though, since the story holds a greater meaning for me whenever something new like this comes up.

I really wished that Mobile suits in general would not go in this direction (super skinny).  Bulky MSes like the DOM and Destroy are equally cool to that of Paris Hilton like-MSes. Being bulky represents toughness/ ruggedness of the design. Also it serves as a psychological warfare tool. Plus when MSes go in this direction I can't cosplay anymore as a gundam because I belong on the meatier spectrum of the human species.

yeah...so for sure he'll be having very messed up past. Maybe also stupidity comes with too

For those who might not know...the purple/violet colored hair is a dude. Or worse...since the character designer is a Yaoi manga artist...so you know were I'm getting at

Hrm...my thoughts about Double O will be biased until I watch an episode. So far, this is my formula, Full Metal Panic without comedy + Gundam Wing + Seed = Gundam Double O

Or the simple plot line, Gundam attack blow up some military bases, X army finally realizes how to defeat said mobile suit, they capture the Gundam or scan its self detonated parts. Using those parts, they find a way to duplicate the mobile suit by reverse engineering, and build their own units capable of fighting the Independent organization. More units are pumped out, dubbed "Super Units" where they beam and bullet spam, eventually winning the day.

Wish list for Double O: Gundam that aren't invincible, and have weaknesses ala the X Numbers from Seed. 

Hrm...my thoughts about Double O will be biased until I watch an episode. So far, this is my formula, Full Metal Panic without comedy + Gundam Wing + Seed = Gundam Double O

Shouldn't that be:

(FMP - comedy) + 2(Yaoi) + Anerexia + Emo = Gundam 00?

Well, the designs aren't half-bad, character and mecha wise. I'd reserve a better opinion once I start watching though.

I'm interested in the 'Rebirth' part through 'Destruction'. Perhaps a destruction of the old world order to make way for a new one? Maybe it has already happened, or will be in the works.

I hope they don't go it via Gundam Wing though. The ending wasn't terribly pleasing, more of a 'what most of us really wish for' scenario.

I'd have to agree, going the Wing route would be a mistake, that one was a rambling mess that went no where for a while, and it had 4 of those annoying back flash review episodes.  Then suddenly there was a fight pretty much like all the other and poof, the end.

I would like to see something more along the lines of 8th MS team, more realistic(realetivly speaking of coarse) and with characters that actually make mistakes.

I like the new mecha designs (reiterating what I said in an earlier post) and even more with the new character designs. At least dressing up any of the characters with new clothes and having a new hairstyle won't automatically produce a new character, unlike in Seed where EVERYONE looks like Dearka.. or Yzak.. or Kira.. or Shinn.. or Tali.... (you know where I'm getting at... )

But the violet-haired person is.. A GUY! I thought it was a gal?!?

Oh boy, Yaoi-ness.. We really can't do anything about it...

NOooooooo! now they'll make it another Magic Knights knock-off like Tsubasa and the other stuff they've done.....and they'd better not start putting in those annoying little animal dough ball things.

Sorry.....always disliked Clamp's work.

Edited by Guest