Gundam Wing

kyosuke009

I made this to discuss anything from the Gundam Wing series. I would like to hear what you think of it please post here. This the first gundam show i ever watched and got me into the gundam series. One of my favorite were Herro yui and his MS Wing Zero.

Edited by Guest

No offense, but if you create a 'discussion' thread, it helps if the OP starts off with his or her own insights.  (Simply posting a topic and then ask people to 'discuss' is generally looked upon as lazy on some forums.)  Just so you know.

As for Wing, it was the first Gundam series I got into, just when I got into anime in general.  (I watched part of a series and a movie before, in the Gundam universe, but I was way too young to really understand what it was about)  I suppose it seemed cool and intriguing with its ZOMG all-powerful Gundams, mobile suits, and (superman) characters at the time.  I especially liked parts of the political level of things, though the way things changed around in less than a full calendar year was a bit dubious.

(And don't forget about the 2 to 3 episode FedEx'ed Wing Zero. )

Yes that is true but you got to admit it was interesting to watch what happens during that time. Also would you admit that the zero system was sorta unfair to the others. (Its been awhile since I've watched the series)

Edited by Guest

Not just the Zero system but the main pilots in general.  The show reeked of the 'Superman'-complex.  (Then again, so did SEED and GSD, especially the latter.)

That's why my favorite Gundam series ended up being 08th MS Team, since it provides a more 'human' look while still mixing in the high-tech aspect. 

Wing Zero - Twin Buster Rifle (unlimited charge)

Wing Gundam - Buster Rifle (2 to 3 shots before charge depletion) 

I suppose it's a problem with any such 'epic' level mecha combat, where you have hundreds of enemies that do nothing else but stand there and blow up pretty.  (And the occasional person screaming before they are vaporized, etc.)

I'd have to agree with Luibei, i have always much preferred 8th MS team and and Stardust Memory to Gundam Wing, the whole use against the universe thing has been done many a time, though i saw wing shortly after watching Macross, which made wing seem kinda repetative.  If you live in the US you can get the whole Wing series from Bandai in two multi-disk boxes, easily found on Amazon or some retailers like Best buy.  If outside the US.....no idea

Eh, Wing was okay. I watched it, I liked it, but that was about 5-6 years ago, so I probably wouldn't like it as much now. But it got me into Gundam in the first place, which I consider to be a good thing. DeathScythe FTW, though.

As for finding the show, eBay is your friend. Looks like you can pick the whole series plus Endless Waltz (English language, R1) up for around $30. Though given that price, I'm somewhat tempted to call "Pirate". >_>

@kyosuke:  carpeno mentioned the best available option there regarding the two DVD box sets for the entire series.  While retail price is at $49.99, on Amazon and some retail stores sell 'em for ten bucks less.  But yeah...if not in the U.S....iono

@DD: Which version Deathscythe?  (original, Hell, or Hell Kai)

No, most great was ... ta-dam, Tallgeese III. Much more real, than Wing with his "ah, anti-nuclear bomb shielding? one shot - and there's no sucn thing" TBR))) And of course, Epyon - great close-combat real mech ))) Ehhh, why they made up it's counterpart too late to show in series((

Yes that is true as well but it also depends on the pilot who is using it like for instance if Herro was using the Wing and a average pilot used the Tallgeese III or the Epyon the outcome is obvious. He wouldn't stand a chance against him.

@Kyosuke: K, just checking, since we got a bunch of members, including the founders of this site, that don't live in the U.S. :)

@DD:  Hmm...nice choice.  I loved how the Deathscythe's defensive capabilities were drastically improved without compromising its weaponry and stealth capababilities.

While the Endless Waltz designs were really cool, capability-wise, most of the Gundams used received more of a downgrade than anything else.  (e.g. Altron > Nataku  D: )