.hack//G.U. Thread

Yo! Kokoru here. I've been a fan of .hack since //Infection. Now I made this thread for .hack fans to discuss about G.U.. Talk about the characters, some areas that you can go to, and some stuff about the game. (i.e. Vol. 1: You can see Iyoten and Asta talk with some guy in a movie where you see Atoli for the first time.)

Oh yeah, Watch out for Reminisce by May 8, 2007. And, vol. 3 just got it's english title: .hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption! I can't wait!

[align=center]For more information, go to this site:[/align]

[align=center]http://dothackers.net[/align]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched all the .hack animes (including Roots) and read all the manga/graphic novels involved.  Yeah, I'm a fan.

Also played all four original games and vol.1 in GU.

Just outta curiousity, which weapon type do you prefer to use with Haseo.  Twin Blades or Heavy Blade?  (And which type: Tap or Press & Release?)

Yeah. Hey! Only one day until Reminisce! Does anyone know the party members we can get on Part 2? And what avatar battles will there be?

Edit I think early morning May 8 in America:

TODAY'S THE DAY! TODAY'S THE DAY!!!

REMINISCE COMES OUT!

Here's a site you can go to: http://www.altimitcorp.com/

Make sure you register and use KokoruHimura as your refferer! 

Edited by Guest

Oh I see. Man I hope the game comes out this week in the Phils! It sux though. I won a free Vol. 2 in AltimitCorp but since they can only give it to US Residents, they couldn't give it to me...  And yesterday, I managed to beat the boss monster in the Abyss Quest. I also beat the doppelganger. I thought it was hard. And all my party members' levels and experience have reached the level cap. It's May 10 over here. I still don't have it. Tell me. Do you guys have it?

Finally got a chance to play it.  It runs right where the plot left off in Vol.1 and you get to incorporate your save/clear data from the first game.  (plus a 'few' extra goodies depending on how 'complete' your data is )

Because some plot events kick off straight off the bat, it took me over an hour's worth of game time before I could get to the phase where I could just walk around town, do a quest, then do something plot-related.  Just a little tidbit to prepare yourselves.

I got used to a few feature which were mentioned in reviews and such, but I have yet to really go through all of 'em.  (Bike Factory is nifty, albeit the parts are somewhat 'expensive')  I'll post a little more as I play it further. 

Cool Cubia's back! Waaaa.... The person who sells me the games STILL don't have it........ Hey liu bei, is your copy original? I buy mine fake but it has good quality. (Not like the times when part of the game screen doesn't show up... But sometimes that happens )

Uh...yes, it's legit.  (Seriously though, it doesn't reflect well on yourself if you don't PAY to reward other people's hard work.)

Cubia, eh?  Interesting...

Just played a few more hours in the game and it's pretty cool.  I got the next Job Extension, so I could use Scythe (Flick Reaper) weaponry as well as access to the (really sweet) Multi-Trigger feature.  Basically it works like a standard Skill Trigger 'cept that you can put in any technique from all three weapons.  When activated it'll automatically switch to the appropriate weapon.  Also, the Trigger menu flashes the technique that will do the most damage to the targeted enemy.

While I know most of this was described on dothackers and other sites, using it in the game was a real treat.

@Niku: Uh, you mean Fidchell?  (Sorry, couldn't help myself. )

No I meat Fidhell. Fidhell is that phase's original Japanese name. Fidchell is the name that the American/European translators gave him, which is derived from an old Irish chess-like game. Look at the Wiki page I wrote on it. It goes into greater detail on this subject. However, I do agree with you concerning the fact that one should never buy bootleg games. It may take hundreds-of-thousands of dollars (or millions, such as Shenmue did) to produce a video game. Not to mention hundreds of hard worked hours. Moral of the story: Real gamers don't buy bootleg video games.

Edited by Guest

Besides, bootlegged games usually don't hold up to wear and tear as other games would, and you have to modify your system to play them properly (says the person who used to play burnt PSone games; though the best ones were always the originals *cough*FFT*cough*).

I've yet to play the .Hack// series of games, but they are on my 'to play' list, once I finish up the others there (FMA: the broken angel, Star Ocean, Wild Arms 3, Disgaea 2, FFXII, etc...).  But I try to keep up by buying the manga and novels when I can find them.  Hopefully they will bring out a novel series for G.U.

*goes to click Niku's wiki*

@Niku: Ah, thanks for that little info tidbit.

@Kaizer: While there isn't any full novelization of GU, it has been serialized in its own magazine.  Wafflehouse is a group that's translating it.  While it doesn't follow all events from the game in detail, it cover a bit of the events.  http://www.thewafflehouse.net/projects/hackGU.php

@topic: I just played a 'few' hours straight and wow...  The game plays out as with previous incarnations as a really great and intricate story.  There are a lot of twists and dramatic moments, even more so than the first game.  I won't talk about it since it's all spoilers, so...yeah.

(I'm glad I didn't read various threads in other forums, since they tend to have too many spoilers because of rather indiscreet members.)