Re: [Destiny League S01] Cannonball vs No-Name

Valiant

Switching on the communication link between all the people there Jason said"Hey am waiting here to avenge my team let me head out and open the doors before I blast my way through".

Jason then got ready his GuAIZ pointing the beam rifle at the door ready to destroy it if need be.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC - Before I attack I suppose that it would be chivalrous of me to at least let you get out of the door and move around a bit.

IC - With the door in front of her opening Hitomi immediately moved for cover.  The city remained as desolate as it was at the end of the first fight but Hitomi managed to find a building that was intact enough to provide some cover.

As she hid she picked up on her scanning, attempting to discover what model of MS her attacker was piloting.

Jason finally got the signal to head out as the doors were opening the second there was enough space for him to get out he pushed the thrusters to full and dash out of the gate.The camera view changed to a destroyed city Jason couldn't locate his enemy My opponent must have gone for cover.he thought.

Jason just began shooting at the random buildings the looked to be intact in total he shot off 5 shots.Then he dashed once again behind a building he hadn't shot at hope to see his opponent reaction.

(OOC:I didn't know if I could start attacking.)

As a building off to her right exploded in a rain of steel and glass Hitomi rolled away from the building she had taken cover behind and leveled her guns and looked for a target.  Finding none Hitomi did what she thought that her opponent had done.  Quickly she surveyed the surrounding buildings and picked out two that seemed like they could hide an enemy MS.

Targeting the building on the right Hitomi began to move, circling around the buildings while trying to acquire a clear target.  As she reached something near the ninety degree mark of a circle Hitomi picked up on her opponent.  Whoever they were they were in a GuAIZ and Hitomi swung up her 350mm gun launcher and before she got a clear tone fired at her enemy.

Quickly he saw his opponent swing around the buildings and fire at Jason's GuAIZ

the shot was so rapid that even though he moved his shield to block his shoulder got scratched a bit and that cause some of the armor to be melted away.

"Nice one your good"said calmly.Jason then pushed on the thrusters and through his suit at the enemy firing his  extensional arrestor hoping to grab onto his enemy. But just encase his opponent dodged Jason shot off 5 rounds at his opponent and the surrounding buildings then through his shield at the enemy Buster dagger with the beam claw extended.

OOC - Although I've responded I'd like to protest the amount of combat actions that Jase has taken right here.  Using the extensional arrestors while he's using both arms seems as though it's almost impossible, given the location of the arrestors relative to the arms.  What I mean is the firing the arrestor would require the arm to be well out of the way so that you didn't "arrest" your own MS.  Since there's one arrestor on each side, and Jase doesn't specify which one he used, I'm going to assume that he fired the right one.  That would mean that Jase rushed me, fired the arrestor, threw his shield, and still found time to shoot at me.  As far as I can tell the arrival of 7 objects to dodge, 5 shots plus the shield and arrestor, would occur in a shot-arrestor-shield order, so I've addressed them in that same order.  Hopefully my counter isn't too crazy and that I'll actually score a hit on Jase since his MS should now be at point blank range and completely without a defense.

IC - Hitomi got low, fast.  The beam rifle's shots streaked by harmlessly overhead, 'Better to acquire a clear target then to fire in haste.'  Hitomi thought to herself.  Dropping down also served another purpose, it gave her added momentum with which to counter the other threats to her Dagger.

With only her left hand free Hitomi drew out the beam saber on the Dagger's right shoulder and ignored the extensional arrestor that slammed into, and latched onto, her Buster Dagger's torso.  Instead she used her momentum to accelerate her horizontal cut which ran down from right to left, making contact with her enemy's beam claw and batting it off to the side.  Then, with nothing except for her enemy close in front of her, Hitomi fired three round from her 350mm gun launcher.  At this point she was point blank and at this range the 350 was as deadly to a MS as any other weapon.

'At this distance I'd like to see you dodge this.'

"What have I got my self into"sighed Jason as he ran numerous plans through his mind.

"That whole arrestor idea seemed better in my head eh I guess these things don't always turn out like you want"grunted Jason as he had finally came up with and idea.

With the shot from the 350mm gun launcher coming at him fast he shot off the  arrestor that remained at the discarded shield that laid 2m away from his mobile suit.

"Part 1 done"said Jason as he retracted the arrestor with the shield attached to it and used threw the shield and used it as a defensive projectile the shot was so powerful the shield was melted right before his eyes.

With that he retracted the arrestor that was around the waist of the Buster Dagger and backed off so he had a distance of at least 5 meters between each other.

Edited by Guest

'What the... that should have been impossible.'  Ignoring her anger Hitomi put away the Duel Dagger's beam saber.  'If I have to keep fighting this one I'm not doing it at this distance.'

Firing up the  Dagger's thrusters Hitomi sent her MS flying back and away from the GuAIZ R.  As she launched up into the air Hitomi got tone from her targeting system and launched the missiles from her two 220mm missile pods at her enemy.

As the missiles streaked towards her target Hitomi landed her Duel Dagger behind one of "Paris'" intact buildings not even seeing the results of her attack.

"This is to easy to be an actual attack"Jason said as he shot down the two missiles with the CIWS in the mobile suits head.As soon as he shot them down his opponent seemed to disappear behind buildings.

"Its the only weapon at long range I can use"Jason said as he flew up into the air trying spot his opponent.

"There you are "said as he spotted his enemy behind some buildings.Jason aimed for the building surrounding the enemy instead of the enemy directly and shot of four shots hoping to cave the buildings in and there in the air stayed Jason's suit waiting for the result.

OOC - Though there were more than two missiles I suppose that I should have been specific, my bad.

IC - Hitomi fired her boosters as her overhead warning went off and looked in her cameras just in time to see the buildings which had surrounded her collapse.  'What is the fool doing, is he even aiming for me?"  As she flew backwards, putting her in a position behind her opponent, Hitomi shrugged off her worries about her opponent's tactics. Drawing out both the 350mm gun launcher and her 94mm beam cannon she combed them together, with the beam cannon in front of the gun launcher.

By now she had landed on the remains of an old building and as the GuAIZ R sailed through the air Hitomi got tone.  Quickly she fired and then used her boosters again, determined to keep mobile while fighting this enemy.

His opponent evaded the building crushing in on her.Seconds later there was a loud beep, going on inside of the cockpit to announce that a shot was coming at him.Quickly firing of his boosters to launch him further into the air as so to dodge the incoming shot but the shot just managed to scrap the rifle and the arm holding it.

Jason saw his opponent in the air taking aim while still moving around Jason shot of 2 rounds with the beam rifle. "Crap this rifle isn't going to work again!!!"Jason said as he continued to fly around.

The two shots from her enemy's beam rifle few by, the only real damage they did was on the subatomic level where a few electrons were displaced for a fraction of a second.  Landing on the far side of a hill, placing the hill between her MS and the enemy's, Hitomi took a moment to think.

Clearly the enemy was determined to  stay alive, this explaining his persistent dodging but he was still going down.  Bringing up her Buster Dagger's specs Hitomi took a moment to review her weapon inventory.  Her main weapons still had a decent amount of ammo and she still had both beam sabers but since she had already fired one barrage of missiles she only had four left.  'What to do..."

Drawing out a beam saber in her Dagger's left hand Hitomi once again relocated, this time to the north side of the Seine River.  Thrusting the blade into the river the weapon's heat created a large vapor cloud, a dead giveaway of Hitomi's position.

"Haha"said as he saw a most likely smoke signal. Jason proceeded with caution as he went along.

There Jason saw his enemy with her beam saber in the river. "Bad position "said as he charged as his opponent and fired of a round from the CIWS located in his head.

While CIWS would cause a bit of minor damage Hitomi shrugged it off, after all she had expected much worse just to get her enemy right in front of her.  When the GuAIZ R was only fifty meters away Hitomi's sights went red and she fired her gun launcher/beam rifle combination.  Simultaneously she let the last four of her 220mm missiles fly at the target.

If even one of her missiles or her shot hit the effect would be devastating, or 'At the very least,' Hitomi thought 'it was a good way to make him waste his battery power.'  Her own MS was operating at 65% capacity and even with limited movement the battle was taking its tole.

Seeing the beam coming straight at him he knew he couldn't dodge this one and threw the dead beam rifle in his hand. Jason saw the explosion but it was like a double-edged sword it made a slight smoke screen. For the incoming missiles which he could only see when they were right on top of him he managed to shoot down two of the missiles but had to sacrifice his left arm to block it so he would't lose his head.

Jason then closed in on his enemy until he was near point blank range were he shot off both his arrestors aiming for his enemy's arms.He looked down and saw his power read out 45%. "Crap all that shooting off blind might cost me this match"Jason said as he looked back up to the screen. 

Hitomi watched the arrestors fly towards her.  With only fifty meters to spare there was little she could do, but her opponent had set a good defensive example which she could follow.  Shifting sideways so that the arrestors aimed for her left arm missed she felt her MS shift in place as the other arrestor latched onto her right arm.

With the arrestor attached just below the shoulder Hitomi used the weapon's pull to yank her right arm into position.  Once her gun was level firing it became easy, at this distance missing would be overly difficult and the arrestor's level cable had pretty much lined up the target for her.

Without any hesitation Hitomi fired her weapon with her Dagger's left hand still clutching the beam saber that had gotten her opponent this close, just in case.

[OOC: While there was no set posting limit, Jase has failed to post within the last 4 days or so despite being relatively present. (again) I award victory to fireminerva.

Because Team No-Name does not have any other combatants at this time, Team Cannonball has won this round.]